+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDL View Post
    Yes I was on Clexane when I had the test done too! I only had the mthfr one done, I had other tests done before I was preg but they all came back normal. Firstly, I am SO sorry for your loss @MaybeBabyIVF Can't even imagine what it's like to go through something like that. Secondly, you've officially freaked me out!
    Sorry didn't mean to freak you out. Didn't explain myself properly.

I wasn't on clexane while pregnant with Charlotte only aspirin. She was stillborn and it was the night I had her they gave me the clexane as they were worried about blood clots as my blood pressure was pre eclampsia high. The next day they ran a stack of bloods (which all came back fine). But our OB decided to run them again 8 weeks later as pregnancy and clexane can mask the problems. So lucky she did or we wouldn't know about the mthfr gene I have. So am back on it for next pregnancy (our embryo was put back in on Wednesday).

Thanks
    Reviews
    How awful, once again I'm so sorry. No one should have to endure that. Hoping and praying that everything goes well for you this time!

I've never heard of test results being masked by pregnancy (or clexane) and have done a bit of research and haven't found anything. Not saying it's not a thing as it obviously happened to you! Were you told that was the reason for your negative result? I guess if I do get a negative result I probably won't believe it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDL View Post
    How awful, once again I'm so sorry. No one should have to endure that. Hoping and praying that everything goes well for you this time!

I've never heard of test results being masked by pregnancy (or clexane) and have done a bit of research and haven't found anything. Not saying it's not a thing as it obviously happened to you! Were you told that was the reason for your negative result? I guess if I do get a negative result I probably won't believe it
    Not sure Ob read it on the S&N site I think....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I'm just after a bit of advice...I was put on clexane and progesterone pessies as a 'it might help' sort of thing, no clotting disorders found, with my recent fresh transfer.

I'm now nearly 15 weeks and have started to wean off the progesterone and my ob and fs both agree I can stop the cleaxane.

So do I gradually stop taking that as well like just one every second day for a while or do you stop cold turkey?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi two souls you can you stop the clexane cold turkey. I stopped the clexane at about 9 wks and I do have a blood clotting disorder. I also stopped the progesterone at 12wks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @two souls, like you I was put on these medications as a precaution. I stopped progesterone at 12 weeks then clexane cold turkey at 14. Still on aspirin. 18 weeks now and everything is going well! Feeling lots of kicks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies I will just stop them all together

I'm a little worried how things are coming along in their I'm feeling so good it's hard to believe a baby is growing. I can't wait to feel movements it's the best feeling in the world!