ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I understand the anxiety, it's hard after a previous loss. I hope you do feel reassured after your scan, and this is young eggs too so that will help a lot! Hopefully they will see a sac in the right place, unlikely a heart beat that early I think. They warned us we might not at six weeks.

Regarding symptoms, mine also started at 7 weeks. I had a really high HCG early on too. I had more early symptoms with my m/c! Then M/S arrived and my goodness it was not fun, but in a way it was reassuring to know I was still pregnant. My SIL had almost no symptoms her entire healthy pregnancy.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-10-2016),Phia  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MS kicked in at 6 weeks.with tummy bub (I'm 36wks) I bled constantly from Implantation until 12/13 weeks. Sometimes red, sometimes brown. I've also had a MC and actually bled less with the MC than my two successful pregnancies. Numbers look great. Just trust this is your bub! Good luck.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinterJade For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-10-2016),Phia  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Lol can I quote you on that when it hits you and you say you are over it lol

Please do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    @Blossom74 I've been following your story and I'm quietly cheering you on
    My DD was born last year from ivf (own eggs I'm 34 pcos 7 cycles of fertility treatments over 2yrs). She's my only pregnancy and I didn't feel anything til the week of my heartbeat scan (6w5d). And that was nausea and going off food. I NEVER had sore boobs or anything else. I had spotting 2 days after my heartbeat scan (and it happened on a Sunday typical ) but all was good. She's now 16 months old.
    Your numbers are awesome - but I know nothing will reassure you til you see the magic of a little button heartbeat flickering away. Please don't be frightened if you don't see that Monday 5w3d is so early. My fingers are crossed for you as you jump all of the hurdles ahead. Each one gets you closer to your dream xo
    Thank you @gingermillie, I appreciate that.

The pregnancy books are so full-on about how exhausted I must be (I'm not!) and how much my boobs feel like they are on fire (They don't!) and how I'll be chucking up into every available container in the house (Nope!) that it does start to grind on you that nothing must be happening.

Why does it not say "Ya know what, this feel you'll feel feck-all, cos you're barely pregnant and it's too bl00dy early!"

Your post is very reassuring, thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    I understand the anxiety, it's hard after a previous loss. I hope you do feel reassured after your scan, and this is young eggs too so that will help a lot! Hopefully they will see a sac in the right place, unlikely a heart beat that early I think. They warned us we might not at six weeks.

Regarding symptoms, mine also started at 7 weeks. I had a really high HCG early on too. I had more early symptoms with my m/c! Then M/S arrived and my goodness it was not fun, but in a way it was reassuring to know I was still pregnant. My SIL had almost no symptoms her entire healthy pregnancy.
    Interesting!

My sister had nothing either - aside from a positive HPT she felt kicks at 4 months and that was her only sign. My other sister said she has nausea but no vomiting at 7 weeks, and my Mum (who got pregnant naturally at 45!), vomited from dawn to dusk. We all seem so different. Not that the books tell you that!
    Last edited by Blossom74; 30-10-2016 at 07:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    My MS kicked in at 6 weeks.with tummy bub (I'm 36wks) I bled constantly from Implantation until 12/13 weeks. Sometimes red, sometimes brown. I've also had a MC and actually bled less with the MC than my two successful pregnancies. Numbers look great. Just trust this is your bub! Good luck.
    THIS ^^^ This is what I needed to hear! THANK YOU so much!

Congrats on your pregnancy too. How exciting. 36weeks, I cannot imagine it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for reassurance....

Congrats on the pregnancy @Blossom74! With my first 4 daughters I had zero symptoms, absolutely nothing.. DD1 I did suffer bleeding, was sent to the hospital where they told me to wait out a m/c well she's now nearly 10. With this bub, currently 8w3d I was smashed with exhaustion and nausea for the first few weeks and now I'm back to being fine again. I get dizziness but I believe that's due to my BP. All pregnancies are so different, you seem to be one of the lucky ones that doesn't suffer symptoms.
    Last edited by BabyG4; 02-01-2017 at 16:32.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Blossom on your pregnancy.
    It's very hard to relax during any pregnancy but especially an IVF pregnancy.. For some of us we have gone through so much to get where we are it's like we can't believe a live baby can actually happen.
    I was the same the first time - very high hcg no MS and spotting on and off. I worried the whole time and it didn't stop even when I delivered a healthy DS!

This time the same - anxious and waiting for the next scan even though I'm 27 weeks. This pregnancy I had much lower hcg, cramps to the point I though AF was on its way, and no MS until I was about 9 weeks. I won't relax until this little person is born healthy,God willing.

I've had a miscarriage in between and that makes things so much worse but I think every pregnancy and baby is different so there is no reason why you won't go on to have a healthy pregnancy. Good luck and take care

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey hun. Congratulations, try not to stress!

This pregnancy, my HCG at 5 weeks was 77, so I naturally thought the worst. But here I am 35 weeks pregnant and expecting my first anytime now.

I also had bleeding constantly up until 12 weeks. Spotting, brown blood, bright red, you name it I had it. That along with NO pregnancy symptoms and I was horrified. Ended up in emergency department a few times from the bleeding and was told to expect to miscarry again.

My pregnancy "symptoms" didn't kick in until second trimester. I got nausea at 13 weeks for about 2 weeks and sore boobs but not much else. I still don't have many symptoms as such, apart from a huge belly and a wriggly little baby. No big boobs etc.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Please do!
    Oh I will lol. You got this lovely !! 8 months to go !!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-10-2016)