ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Looking for reassurance....

I'll keep this brief. It's night time and as we all know, things always seem worse at night.

First pregnancy at 41 in Oct 2015, via OE IVF cycle. Had some brown spotting at 5w2d. Went for scan at 6w5d and sac was only measuring at 5w2d. Re-scanned several times, no growth, no HB detected despite HCG rising to 45,000, D&C at 8 1/2 weeks.

Fast forward to Oct 2016. Completed donor egg cycle with my gorgeous donor (early 30's). Got my BFP with a Grade A emby on board, and then at 4w2d had some watery reddish brown bleeding - just enough to soak the toilet paper when I wiped, then receded to brown muck for half a day before disappearing. Progesterone was very low at 13, increased pessaries and that rose to 90 within 2 days. No cramps at any time, and no further bleeding since.

HCG history is as follows:-

7dp5dt 59
    9pdp5dt 228
    12dp5dt 688
    14dp5dt 1432
    16dp5dt 4135 (5 weeks exactly)

I have an early scan scheduled for Monday at 5w3d but have ZERO pregnancy symptoms and as you can probably imagine from last year's experience...I'm petrified about the same thing happening again.

Any reassuring comments would be most welcome...

Success stories even better!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I usually don't get any symptoms until 7 weeks, 2 losses, 2 live births.

ETA: actually, with my last miscarriage I went off coffee at 5 weeks, but both boys no symptoms until 7. X

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I usually don't get any symptoms until 7 weeks, 2 losses, 2 live births.

ETA: actually, with my last miscarriage I went off coffee at 5 weeks, but both boys no symptoms until 7. X

Thank you Holly, I'm very sorry for your losses

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (29-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Blossom

I do follow your story and firstly want to send you a big virtual hug & let you know I'm rooting (and not in that way lol) for you that this is your take home baby!

I suffered a miscarriage with my first IVF cycle, so when I finally had another successful cycle, I pretty much spent my whole pregnancy with anxiety that something would go wrong again - I really don't think that will leave you, you just have to keep taking one day at a time.
    I had bleeding in some way shape or form from the start up until 15 weeks & it was gut wrenching.
    I just had my GP give me scan referrals if I felt I needed them for peace of mind.
    If you need that too, don't feel bad for asking, do what you need to to reduce the stress just a little.

I had next to no pregnancy symptoms as well...so really, I guess all I'm trying to say is how you're feeling is totally rational, I'm sure all is well - but I know that counts for nothing in calming your feelings.

Big hugs Hun, do what you need to do & if you can, try and enjoy your pregnancy, even if it's alongside the worry xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and to add...my daughter was born in June, and I still worry about her every day lol x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Calstar

I do enjoy parts of the experience. Sometimes I'm hopeful and at other times my anxiety runs away with me! Like I said, nights tend to be worse for me so I guess this thread was just something I could look back on to inspire me and reassure me during those times.

My clinic has been great. I can repeat BT's as I need to but as my levels look ok, and the numbers meant nothing last time, I don't think I'll bother doing them anymore. I tend to get more anxiety waiting for the results and little relief when they finally come in!

If I can get a decent scan under my belt I think I'll relax a bit, but I doubt I'll see much on Monday as it's too early anyway at 5w3d. I think that scan is more just to check everything is where it should be and to rule out an ectopic.

Ha ha, the worry never ends, does it?! I appreciate your reply, thank you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (29-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Looking for reassurance....

Hi

Firstly congratulations

I have had 7 losses and 2 babies . With my 3rd preg which was successful I had no symptoms until 7 weeks when m/s struck and my boobs felt like they were on fire !

I know it's awful waiting for symptoms and scans .

I wish you so much love and best wishes for the next 8 months !

Edit : preg #5 I bled from week 7-10 on and off .. it was hell. My DD was born at 34 weeks and turned 19 last Sunday
    Last edited by granny1; 29-10-2016 at 20:46.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Hi

Firstly congratulations

I have had 7 losses and 2 babies . With my 3rd preg which was successful I had no symptoms until 7 weeks when m/s struck and my boobs felt like they were on fire !

I know it's hard , but please try not to worry! Easier said than done I know!

Thinking of you

Xxxx
    Thank you Louise I know I'll come to regret this but right now I am praying for sore boobs and MS! With symptoms comes reassurance - and misery, lol!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Thank you Louise I know I'll come to regret this but right now I am praying for sore boobs and MS! With symptoms comes reassurance - and misery, lol!!!
    Lol can I quote you on that when it hits you and you say you are over it lol

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-10-2016),Phia  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 I've been following your story and I'm quietly cheering you on
    My DD was born last year from ivf (own eggs I'm 34 pcos 7 cycles of fertility treatments over 2yrs). She's my only pregnancy and I didn't feel anything til the week of my heartbeat scan (6w5d). And that was nausea and going off food. I NEVER had sore boobs or anything else. I had spotting 2 days after my heartbeat scan (and it happened on a Sunday typical ) but all was good. She's now 16 months old.
    Your numbers are awesome - but I know nothing will reassure you til you see the magic of a little button heartbeat flickering away. Please don't be frightened if you don't see that Monday 5w3d is so early. My fingers are crossed for you as you jump all of the hurdles ahead. Each one gets you closer to your dream xo

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-10-2016),Phia  (30-10-2016)