+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Assuming you are correct about why your husband is upset (because you can't join in with doing stuff) then:
    - he needs to grow up and harden up. **** will get a lot more worse when bub is around! He needs to read up on what pregnancy, birth and parenthood entails.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by georgielikescats View Post
    The issue is that my husband is acting somewhat hurt because I cannot do as many things as before. I also have issues doing some of the jobs I used to do regularly due to the smell, especially feeding the cats & dogs as they are on the raw meat diet.
    Wanna swap husbands? Mine won't even let me bend down to empty the dishwasher..... I'm only 6.5 weeks and he already has me wrapped in cotton wool and has taken over all the house hold chores, it's nice but it's going to send me nuts

In all seriousness though, talk to him and communicate exactly what is happening with you and how the pregnancy is affecting you. You didn't make this baby on your own, he had a pretty big part in that!
    I screen shot my pregnancy app daily updates and send to my hubby so he knows what's going on and can see how big the baby is, he loves it

Hopefully he will begin to understand xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ceejie For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (28-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Thank you everyone for your responses. I feel very supported
    I think I'll pick up a book for him to read and possible get his mum to speak to him, after all she had 5!

Really appreciate all the comments, sometimes I am not sure how forward I should be, or how to approach issues like this so sincerely thank you x

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to georgielikescats For This Useful Post:

Mumofthreeboys  (20-09-2017),Redcorset  (29-10-2016),Reina83  (29-10-2016),Yogis Mumma  (29-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogis Mumma View Post
    My hubby has been following the Ovia app. Every day you get updates on mum and bub. It's helped him be informed without me complaining at him.

Would he read a book? There are a few humorous books that are great for dads.

I've been exhausted and going to bed between 8:30/9pm every night..hubby and I watch tv together as quality time. At the moment we are watching Friends...easy 25 min episodes
    Im using that app too, I downloaded it onto DH phone and every week I read him the update on what's happening. It's really helped. The other thing I find that's helped is DH works closely with 2 Mums with under 2s so they have worded him up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default help him understand

Hey everyone,
    Pretty new around here & not sure who to turn to!
    I'm currently about 7 &1/2 - 8 weeks and experiencing heavy fatigue and all day nausea. My mother suffered from "morning" sickness all day everyday until about 14 weeks and at the moment it looks as though I take after her.
    The fatigue is difficult too. I only work 3-4 days a week but I have to wake up at 6:30/7am for those days. I also run a small business and foster numerous animals so I'm feeling very run down.
    The issue is that my husband is acting somewhat hurt because I cannot do as many things as before. I also have issues doing some of the jobs I used to do regularly due to the smell, especially feeding the cats & dogs as they are on the raw meat diet.
    He is acting like I do not want to spend time with him when really I just need to lay down more often and do feel like hiking/dogs to the park etc especially in the sun.
    I'm not sure what to do ...

i think the guys can't understand how it feels because it isn't them and they can't see the baby bump as yet ..we FULLY feel it. I'm feeling really fatigued as well and start work at 0615 am . he needs to be empathetic and trust how you are feeling right now ..hes being selfish and this behaviour needs to change and he needs to help around the house now because when the baby comes the workload increases. don't cave in stand your ground now or there will be serious discussions after baby comes.youre pregnant and feeling what you are feeling he needs to trust that. good luck ..dont feel alone I'm sure we have all been through this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Talk to your OB about it first and foremost.
    Here are things that helped me:
    Try sucking on hard candy. I like spearmint the best while pregnant.
    Drink no to morning sickness tea.. this made a huge difference for me.
    No matter what you should discuss this with your OB. Make sure you get lots of liquids in so you don't get dehydrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Thank you everyone for your responses. I feel very supported
    I think I'll pick up a book for him to read and possible get his mum to speak to him, after all she had 5!

Really appreciate all the comments, sometimes I am not sure how forward I should be, or how to approach issues like this so sincerely thank you x
    Just saw this thread how did you end up going?? Its nearly a year hope all went well x