Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some people book themselves in even if they aren't pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They usually have a limit to how many they book per month so they don't spread themselves too thin... they'd be onto July due dates now as people book in as soon as the get there BFP, especially with the really good OB's... I booked mine at 4 weeks... did the staff at Professor Pennell's office recommend anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only 4 weeks and a few days as well so I couldn't even have booked any earlier if I'd tried! With my history I don't think I'd make it to July. The receptionist was lovely but not able to recommend anyone else, just told me about using KEMH. I will see my GP as soon as I can in Perth around Christmas and get a referral for KEMH if I can.

Any other recommendations for obgyns who are good with high risk pregnancies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madamb View Post
    I'm only 4 weeks and a few days as well so I couldn't even have booked any earlier if I'd tried! With my history I don't think I'd make it to July. The receptionist was lovely but not able to recommend anyone else, just told me about using KEMH. I will see my GP as soon as I can in Perth around Christmas and get a referral for KEMH if I can.

Any other recommendations for obgyns who are good with high risk pregnancies?
    What about contacting KEMH for a recommendation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your due date would be July though yeah if you're only four weeks now? Did you tell them that when you called or did you say June? They book patients in based on due dates, not when you think the baby might come. If a baby comes before the EDD your OB will still deliver it even if it's not in the right month. They only take on a limited number of patients to account for things like this. If it is July maybe try calling his rooms again?

My OB was Seonaid Mulroy. She was a great doctor and she has a background working in KEMH and with Craig Pennell so I think she would be great. I wasn't high risk so can't comment exactly but I had a few minor complications and she just took it in her stride and I felt really confident that if anything bigger were to go wrong I'd be in good hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't realise that about the due dates. Will call again. Thanks for all the advice!