ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    I find this hard to understand. I don't think a woman has the right to be bitter at her ex husband because she chose to have children and put her career on the back burner and/or give up her career completely. Especially if the marraige on the whole was a good one. Unless he physically held he down in the home chained to the kitchen sink then she absolutely had options to keep her career alive. I know if my hubby and I split up tomorrow this would be the last thing I was resentful of. Him taking me for granted may be a genuine feeling, but resenting him for becoming a mother and staying home to raise them - no. I actually think that's what her post was alluding to. I think she feels taken for granted (and is probably raging a bit) which if the divorce is bitter then it's understandable. I personally don't think it's very classy to post these thoughts on fb but I'd say she's in a pretty angry place right now.
    Having been in the same shoes as her I understand her and where she is coming from. I gave up my life and my career for my ex so that he could pursue his career interstate (there was no job for me with the company I worked for so I had to resign) In the end he chose to leave when I was 16wks pregnant with my ds1 who is 9. I had a job although a crappy one, then a newborn and a massive debt of a mortgage over my head to deal with. All while he went off to live a foot loose and fancy free lifestyle of a single person, partying it up and living life like he had no worries in the world.

This is what will make her bitter, he's living in packers place at Bondi and most likely lapping up the attention and having no responsibilities of family life anymore. He won't be able to do the school runs because of the time of day he gets to work then he'll be to knackered at the end of the day aswell and hence no energy aswell. This is why Mel from sunrise left the show she had no quality time with her kids and now she does a different job she can be a mum again and not expect her hubby to do it all like he was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I think her frustration would come more from what's involved in massaging the ego of a television personality and living wrk the constant ferociousness of the industry generally. It's not comparable with a normal marriage in many respects. I would run for the hills if my husband ever wanted to work in tv or politics or some other public life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    It's such a hard balance, if there's a couple who managed to get it right they should write a book.

I'm at the point where I'm having to work more hours because my career is dead at 3 days a week. I'm desperately trying to work out the most hours I can fit into a week, I don't want to be one of these women who ends up stuck if DH decides he doesn't want this life anymore.

I still don't think she should have gone public with her comments. I do wonder what she thought she had to gain from making them. Or maybe she just wasn't thinking straight, in pretty sure we have all had those 'ah eff it, I feel like it and I'll deal with the fallout later' moments!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think she should have not made the public comments. I'm guessing now the marriage is over she's probably really unhappy about the fact she let her career go to be a sahm. I can understand that, but it's a choice she was comfortable with at that time in her life. I imagine the gift unintentionally rubbed some salt in to raw wounds. She had a great career and gave it up for her family and to support her husband in his. Husband has a successful career, but is now ex husband. There is probably an added level of pain there to the seperation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think, like all of us, she has got to a point of reflection on her life.
    It's got to be a very difficult time for her, she's readjusting to a new life.
    The adjustment probably began when her kids became more independent.
    I don't mind that she has said it publicly, she has brought up the conversation.
    My relationship with DH is rock solid but I'm very aware that if anything was to happen to my him, I'd be up sh1t creek without a paddle.
    He is the breadwinner, but he couldn't do what he does without me doing what I do.
    I take on everything at home. All of it.
    He works six days a week and that leaves me with little to no time to do anything for myself.
    But none of what I do would matter if HE was to become ill, or worse.
    That just makes me feel worthless. I'm sure Cassandra is feeling the same,
    like her contribution doesn't count.
    I feel, in this modern world, the role of a sahm is being knocked and undervalued, when in fact we're crucial in our own way.
    We all contribute, working and sahm mums alike.

Anyway.
    Maybe they'll get back together and maybe they won't.
    I can't imagine any of it is easy on either of them.
    I wish them both well.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (27-10-2016),babyno1onboard  (27-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Cassandra Thorburn

I think she's done others a favour by posting it.
    Hopefully it make other women reflect on their own choices and sacrifices and understand that there are no guarantees in life and things don't always turn out as planned.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 27-10-2016 at 07:33.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (27-10-2016),binnielici  (27-10-2016),GirlsRock  (27-10-2016),Marshy68  (27-10-2016),smallpotatoes  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    This is what will make her bitter, he's living in packers place at Bondi and most likely lapping up the attention and having no responsibilities of family life anymore. He won't be able to do the school runs because of the time of day he gets to work then he'll be to knackered at the end of the day aswell and hence no energy aswell. This is why Mel from sunrise left the show she had no quality time with her kids and now she does a different job she can be a mum again and not expect her hubby to do it all like he was.
    You are making a lot of pro-mum assumptions there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    You are making a lot of pro-mum assumptions there.
    Not really she's basing it on comments made by the former Sunrise host (a woman) about her own experience and the slack her husband picked up and why she quit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Marriages are very complex and there is always two sides to a story. I don't think it's fair to stipulate what he or she is doing or how they are feeling as we quite honestly don't know. Marriage is hard work, outside of being in the public eye so i can't even imagine the pressures that they have faced. She sounds hurt... Understandably her marriage has ended. Hopefully they can both move forward and find happiness

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (27-10-2016),TheGooch  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Not really she's basing it on comments made by the former Sunrise host (a woman) about her own experience and the slack her husband picked up and why she quit.
    So to clarify - Karl is now being judged based on the story of someone on a rival TV Chanel?