ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I had three thoughts reading that.

1) Behind every good man is a good woman. It sounds like she's a very bright woman who has been intensely supportive of his career.

2) Not a fan of the tone. It comes across very bitter and venomous. Which.... I do somewhat get. Clearly she gave up a good career and has been the passion and substance not only holding the fort at home but behind his creative ideas for the show. But while it may feel good for 5 mins to air her dirty laundry, it's a bit tacky.

3) He's an idiot to have let her go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think she's had a few wines and has posted exactly what she was feeling without thinking first! I've seen people do it on facebook before.

Clearly she feels she's contributed to Karl's career success but has little to show for it. Articles speak of her giving up a promising career to be home with their kids etc, but with the loads of money they had at their disposal (enough to hire nannies/help), it seems to me that a return to work would have been possible had she really wanted to.

I think when you're hurting like she is and you've been with one person for an extended time, there is a tendency to reflect on some of the negative aspects of the relationship and wonder what could have been if you made some different decisions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am a Karl fan.

I watch every morning!

He always ALWAYS said how lucky he is to have supportive wife etc and credited her etc...

He might not have 'given her up'. Maybe her resentment kept building up?

I remember Karl saying I earn way less than my wife while she worked at ABC.. so I think it was her choice?

As @Degrassi said they aren't broke. They both could of worked while having kids etc. most tv presenters do to hold a career. To be bitter like that is crass.

Karl is good at his job. He is one of a kind weather u like him or not. He isn't like Koch on 7 or joe on 10. And his brother Peter isn't the same. He is good at reporting. So I def think even though he drinks etc too Lisa and Karl make a good team I know I kind of went off topic but I hope you get what I mean haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am I horrible for wanting to give her a bit of a high 5?

She makes a good point. It's not all about the presenters. They all have family and support that give up a lot for them. And they are not acknowledged.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (26-10-2016),BettyV  (26-10-2016),smallpotatoes  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think she has every right to be angry and p@@@ed off. She gave up her career for their marriage and children yes a lot of women do this and she could of hired a nanny and done it the easy way like that but she wanted to be the mum figure in their lives not just someone that was around for a few hours each night.

There is obviously a lot that won't be released in the media as the kids need to be protected and that's the main thing here.

I think his partying ways and boozing may have a lot to do with it.

Behind the scenes all us ladies are valuable to our partners I know my dp would have no idea how to run his business properly if it weren't for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I think she has every right to be angry and p@@@ed off. She gave up her career for their marriage and children yes a lot of women do this and she could of hired a nanny and done it the easy way like that but she wanted to be the mum figure in their lives not just someone that was around for a few hours each night.

There is obviously a lot that won't be released in the media as the kids need to be protected and that's the main thing here.

Behind the scenes all us ladies are valuable to our partners I know my dp would have no idea how to run his business properly if it weren't for me
    This is why I will always work. Women give up careers every day of the week only to be abandoned by heir husbands later in life. Her bitterness is understandable and also not unusual. When I was a family lawyer I saw this every day of the week.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (27-10-2016),gingermillie  (26-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (27-10-2016),Marshy68  (27-10-2016),TheGooch  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I def get her bitterness. I highly suspect the reason she was at home wasn't bc they couldn't afford a nanny, but both their hectic schedules and a subsequent nanny didn't mesh with her beliefs on raising kids. I will add there is no right or wrong answer there. She has every right to be angry, I would be too. My issue is more putting it out there in the fashion she did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post

I find this hard to understand. I don't think a woman has the right to be bitter at her ex husband because she chose to have children and put her career on the back burner and/or give up her career completely. Especially if the marraige on the whole was a good one. Unless he physically held he down in the home chained to the kitchen sink then she absolutely had options to keep her career alive. I know if my hubby and I split up tomorrow this would be the last thing I was resentful of. Him taking me for granted may be a genuine feeling, but resenting him for becoming a mother and staying home to raise them - no. I actually think that's what her post was alluding to. I think she feels taken for granted (and is probably raging a bit) which if the divorce is bitter then it's understandable. I personally don't think it's very classy to post these thoughts on fb but I'd say she's in a pretty angry place right now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good on her!