+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 435
  1. #401
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,466
    Thanks
    606
    Thanked
    1,488
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyfloss7676 View Post
    @Flower78 - thanks for the info about the flare.. I wonder if it would work for me given I have low AMH and high FSH on day 3.... I'll look into it and see.. Altho I've read that the only way to combat high FSH on day 3 is to take estrogen between days 21-27... That apparently tricks the body into thinking enough FSH has been produced and doesn't produce anymore.. This way, the dominant follicle isn't pre-selected and every antral follicle is available for stimulation.

    What annoys me is that I had to find out about this via BUBHUB and journal articles.. How is it these fs' don't know this or aren't recommending this? We pay them the big dollars to tell us this.. I should start asking for a discount since I appear to be telling them how to do their job!! I expect them to keep abreast of research and developments!!!
    I think if you have high Day 3 FSH then the Flare cycle wouldn't be good. It can lead to uneven growth- I lost one egg as they had to let it go as it was faster than all the rest. I think the oestrogen priming sounds good.

    I know what you mean about having to research yourself. I've found that despite my FS being very good, she sees so many patients she doesn't recall all my info. I have to remind her, and ask about my concerns. I suggested the Pregnyl for my short LP, and it did work, she didn't even recall I had it. It's frustrating but seems the same in a lot of clinics, sigh.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

    fairyfloss7676  (03-12-2016)

  3. #402
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,750
    Thanks
    1,420
    Thanked
    1,148
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyfloss7676 View Post
    You were right @lotsathoughts

    I'm very surprised you had a better outcome on menopur, the reason why I say that I have read all these articles that say that PCOS women have naturally high levels of LH which releases androgens that damage egg quality.. But you're getting good quality embryos, so I feel like maybe it's just the endo causing a problem and that you may not have PCOS? Can I ask how old you are if you don't mind me asking? I take it they have given you estrogen during your cycles to help with your lining? What is the lining measurement you usually have? Maybe it's just a lining issue and nothing else?? I was reading on some other threads that their fs gives them estrogen, something called trental and nitrodur and their linings have thickened up.. But then I saw another girls post on here where she fell pregnant on a 6mm lining.. Sigh.. It's all too hard, isn't it?

    What annoys me is that I had to find out about this via BUBHUB and journal articles.. How is it these fs' don't know this or aren't recommending this? We pay them the big dollars to tell us this.. I should start asking for a discount since I appear to be telling them how to do their job!! I expect them to keep abreast of research and developments!!!
    Sorry wanted to mention they didn't put me on that Estrogen you mentioned. This cycle I was given pregnyl support after ET and that was it. I'm wondering if that was enough. ??

    You're right about reading up and knowing lots...feels like I'll be doing he same thing st the next appointment (Jan 13). Frustrating isn't it?!! @Flower78 yes I'm constantly reminding my FS about the intricacies of my case. I just think...spend 5 mins before my appointment and read my file!
    @ELM13 they bumped my puregon from your amount to 50 when nothing was happening. When I was in Sydney they put it up to 75iu.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

    ELM13  (03-12-2016)

  5. #403
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    I think if you have high Day 3 FSH then the Flare cycle wouldn't be good. It can lead to uneven growth- I lost one egg as they had to let it go as it was faster than all the rest. I think the oestrogen priming sounds good.

    I know what you mean about having to research yourself. I've found that despite my FS being very good, she sees so many patients she doesn't recall all my info. I have to remind her, and ask about my concerns. I suggested the Pregnyl for my short LP, and it did work, she didn't even recall I had it. It's frustrating but seems the same in a lot of clinics, sigh.
    Thank you hun, that's very useful. Can I ask, is your day 3 FSH high as well or not really? I'm trying to figure out if all low AMHers also have high FSH?

    I have the same problem with my bloody clinic.. You go in there and they reintroduce themselves like they've never seen you before.. It really irritates me.. They forget everything about you and it is quite scary and disconcerting.........

    And some of them just roll their eyes at you.. I can't believe how busy this industry is.. High profits and a high turn over of women... It's truly distressing..

    Sigh.. I've done so much research over the last few days and come across so many amazing journal articles.. The estrogen priming protocol seems like the one.. I can't wait to try it!! I just wish it wasn't me recommending it..

    How is everything going for you hun? Haven't gotten an update from you in a while? What was the outcome of your Dr Saba appointment? Has a treatment plan been offered to you yet?

  6. #404
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    578
    Thanked
    345
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyfloss7676 View Post
    Were you on progynova and pressaries during your 2ww?

    So did you have two dominant follicles and a bunch of smaller ones or just two dominant follicles? That is weird if you have PCOS!
    I was on progynova to build lining then started progesterone just before transfer.
    Yeah I know! Very weird! I wondered if that was offered when we first started if I would've fallen pregnant from that instead of doing a full stim.
    Letrozole tricks your body into thinking it's not producing oestrogen so it does it by itself.

    Hoping it works for this cycle too! I'm day 5 today. Blood test Wednesday.

  7. #405
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ELM13 View Post
    I was on progynova to build lining then started progesterone just before transfer.
    Yeah I know! Very weird! I wondered if that was offered when we first started if I would've fallen pregnant from that instead of doing a full stim.
    Letrozole tricks your body into thinking it's not producing oestrogen so it does it by itself.

    Hoping it works for this cycle too! I'm day 5 today. Blood test Wednesday.
    Did you find progynova worked for your lining?
    Never heard of Letrozola..
    Are you doing an FET or OI?

  8. #406
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    578
    Thanked
    345
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyfloss7676 View Post
    Did you find progynova worked for your lining?
    Never heard of Letrozola..
    Are you doing an FET or OI?
    Yeah it did - lining at transfer was 10-12 mm from memory.

    I'm doing FET. So I take letrozole days 2-6. Pregnyl shot before transfer and two more after transfer. Taking pregnyl is the only thing different from the last cycle. So I'm hoping that the embryo will be better and the pregnyl will help support it.
    We also use embryo glue at transfer.

  9. #407
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ELM13 View Post
    Yeah it did - lining at transfer was 10-12 mm from memory.

    I'm doing FET. So I take letrozole days 2-6. Pregnyl shot before transfer and two more after transfer. Taking pregnyl is the only thing different from the last cycle. So I'm hoping that the embryo will be better and the pregnyl will help support it.
    We also use embryo glue at transfer.
    Do they do a lining scan at transfer do that? I didn't know that. I've read best time to do lining scan is at day of trigger because after that the lining compacts or something, but I dunno..

    Mine was 8mm today.. Very worried my eggs will be over cooked by Monday.. Yesterday they were 6, 6, 7, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 14, 15 and overnight they went to 7, 7, 8, 8, 12, 13, 15, 16, 19....

    Google says "The timing of the trigger shot to initiate meiosis: This should coincide with the majority of ovarian follicles being >15 mm in mean diameter with several follicles having reached 18-22 mm. Follicles of larger than 22 mm will usually harbor overdeveloped eggs which in turn will usually fail to produce good quality eggs. Conversely, follicles less than 15 mm will usually harbor underdeveloped eggs that are more likely to be aneuploid and incompetent following the trigger."

  10. #408
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,466
    Thanks
    606
    Thanked
    1,488
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @fairyfloss7676 I didn't have a high FSH when stimming, it was about 6. Recently it was 11 on Day 5, not sure how to interpret that. Anyway I'm unlikely to stim again. If this second PGS normal embie doesn't take I won't try again.

    I had my hysteroscopy, they found some adhesions around my C-Section scar and removed them. Also a small 1cm septum that he removed too. I have to wait for the biopsy results - takes two weeks. Then I will start immune treatment for my next FET in January.

    I also have asked they retest my third embie. It was inconclusive at Day 3, so they will biopsy again at Day 5. I know it might not survive but I don't want to go through the meds/expense and time for another FET if the embie isn't normal. It was slower than the others too so my gut says it's probably abnormal.

  11. #409
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    @fairyfloss7676 I didn't have a high FSH when stimming, it was about 6. Recently it was 11 on Day 5, not sure how to interpret that. Anyway I'm unlikely to stim again. If this second PGS normal embie doesn't take I won't try again.

    I had my hysteroscopy, they found some adhesions around my C-Section scar and removed them. Also a small 1cm septum that he removed too. I have to wait for the biopsy results - takes two weeks. Then I will start immune treatment for my next FET in January.

    I also have asked they retest my third embie. It was inconclusive at Day 3, so they will biopsy again at Day 5. I know it might not survive but I don't want to go through the meds/expense and time for another FET if the embie isn't normal. It was slower than the others too so my gut says it's probably abnormal.
    FSH of 11 on day 5 sounds right. It starts to increase from day 4 onwards. 6 on day 3 is perfect!

    Would you and your partner consider having the embie transferred to your partner? Or if it doesn't take, would your partner consider stimming? Sorry if these are personal questions. Please don't feel obligated to respond.

    He did quite a lot during the hysterscopy, so hoping that had fixed any problems with it not implanting hun.. Also, if the biopsy comes back positive, his immune treatment will help. I'm very much hoping his treatment plan will help significantly. Immune issues are real and they have helped so many women.. So glad you looked into it before transferring your PGS normal.. Very smart move..

    I'm so happy you found Dr Saba and you didn't have to go all the way to Sydney..

    I don't really understand this "inconclusive" business.. How does that even happen.. Shouldn't they retest it again for free given you paid a lot to get it tested in the first place? I feel like they need to give a more conclusive result...

  12. #410
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked
    110
    Reviews
    0
    Hey girls! Finally lab let me know that all my eggs that fertilized are now great quality day 3 embryos


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF/FET Sept-Oct 2016
    By MaybeBabyIVF in forum IVF
    Replies: 984
    Last Post: 25-10-2016, 14:23
  2. IVF/FET Aug. - Sept. 2016
    By Trang in forum IVF
    Replies: 699
    Last Post: 11-10-2016, 09:29
  3. TTC-May, 2016 #3
    By Lozz90 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 09:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Swim AustraliaSwim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Abdominal painConception issues & ttc
New Challenge - 2 Fruit 5 Veg !!!BubHub Monthly Challenge
Parenting booksGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Booby worriesConception & Fertility General Chat
Dashing N Delicious DecemberConception & Fertility General Chat
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT