ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @fairyfloss7676 they said to me that bloods show growth first. My Estrogen has doubled in a couple of days. Unfortunately for me it was day 21 to 23...way too late for my body to recover and support the pregnancy...according to my naturopath who specializes in fertility. I'm always weary of trusting her over my FS but this time round my body did feel exhausted and I'd have to agree with her. You still have time and your follies are growing. What's their plan?

My fertility issues began with blocked tubes from endometriosis. Back in 2013 they didn't mention PCOS. I also have a high AMH...not sure of number. So I produce lots of poor quality eggs. Luckily there was a good one in there like you said. Anyway with Baby number two I started tests with my new clinic Nov 2015 and they mentioned that I had PCOS...which explained my irregular periods after DD. The believed I didn't ovulate or regularly ovulate. I also have dealt with thin lining since my first cycle. Estrogen always seems to be a problem (except on Menopur). I had 8 frosties from the menopur cycle. And one poor quality frostie from the one before. Out of those I got three normal embryos from PGS testing, two abnormal and some inconclusive. I used one of my normals and have two left. One of those has "use last" next to it as some cells were lost after getting stuck to the oil...??? Who knows? So going on some dong quai for a few months to see if that helps my Estrogen. Because of my PCOS they worry about overstimulation get me and my body doesn't seem to have the energy to produce the right hormones by itself. Both times I've fallen pregnant I've been on the pill before (Estrogen!!) and I've been on full stim cycles. I'm one of the crazy few who prefers a stim cycle! Woah, that's lots of (probably irrelevant) info, sorry about that. I could talk for years. Could not imagine how much the lady with 17 cycles under her belt could talk!!
    @katham the best thing you can do is feel crappy for a bit because it is a crappy situation. You'll process it better if you allow yourself to grieve. And if you need to protect yourself by not talking to people who don't understand then go for it. All advice my psychologist gave me...in a very paraphrased way. Thinking of you. I'm sorry it has to happen around a time when you're usually happy. I've put this year down to a real crappy year. Ready for 2017 to roll on in! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    You were right @lotsathoughts, my estrogen doubled overnight.. Went from 1550 to 3330.... Their plan is to let my follicles grow more until Monday then trigger.. I read the best time to trigger is when they are between 16-22mm.. I'm hoping they continue to grow at the rate of 1mm a day, which means they will be ready by Monday..

As for your history.. Far out.. You poor thing having to deal with all that.. It's been quite a journey for you.. So can I ask, did the endo grow into your tubes to the point where it was obstructing your tubes? Did they try to remove the endo or is that too dangerous because you could lose a tube?

I'm very surprised you had a better outcome on menopur, the reason why I say that I have read all these articles that say that PCOS women have naturally high levels of LH which releases androgens that damage egg quality.. But you're getting good quality embryos, so I feel like maybe it's just the endo causing a problem and that you may not have PCOS? Can I ask how old you are if you don't mind me asking? I take it they have given you estrogen during your cycles to help with your lining? What is the lining measurement you usually have? Maybe it's just a lining issue and nothing else?? I was reading on some other threads that their fs gives them estrogen, something called trental and nitrodur and their linings have thickened up.. But then I saw another girls post on here where she fell pregnant on a 6mm lining.. Sigh.. It's all too hard, isn't it?
    @katham I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to talk to anyone and that you're going through this.. if you need to talk, I will happily call you.. I wish I was there to hug you and tell you it will be ok.. I wish your fs had some answers for you.. I wish I wasn't old and have some good eggs, I would give them to you in a heartbeat.
    @Flower78 - thanks for the info about the flare.. I wonder if it would work for me given I have low AMH and high FSH on day 3.... I'll look into it and see.. Altho I've read that the only way to combat high FSH on day 3 is to take estrogen between days 21-27... That apparently tricks the body into thinking enough FSH has been produced and doesn't produce anymore.. This way, the dominant follicle isn't pre-selected and every antral follicle is available for stimulation.

What annoys me is that I had to find out about this via BUBHUB and journal articles.. How is it these fs' don't know this or aren't recommending this? We pay them the big dollars to tell us this.. I should start asking for a discount since I appear to be telling them how to do their job!! I expect them to keep abreast of research and developments!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyfloss7676 For This Useful Post:

brib  (03-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @fairyfloss7676
    Thats great your e2 levels are going up means the follies are cooperating! When you trigger they will keep growing anyways.. im waiting for the lab to call me with a day 3 update i hope its good. Im still sore from my EC i look 5 months pregnant im so bloated and feel like someone has pumped my tummy with air! Hurts a bit to walk and bend over but not calling my FS because he will cancel my egg transfer because i still have pain so im holding out

Thanks
    Reviews
    @fairyfloss7676 I'm so glad your Estrogen doubled! That's a great sign. I bet knowing you have a day for trigger will help your body relax and grow better than you expect. Take it easy this weekend too, send all your energy to those follicles

AFM my tubes were apparently irreversible. But yes, people have told me in bub hub about flushing them out but that's never been an option for me. I had stage 3 endo and it was even around my bowel.

I don't know if my LH is naturally high or just good...? And have no idea why it helped me with my lining. Previous to that cycle I was around 4-6. I fell pregnant around 4-5mm! With menopur I went up to 8/9.
    I seem to have one poly cystic ovary, my left one, which I discovered this cycle. As at my baseline scan it had heaps of follicles around the edge like a string of pearls.
    Oh and I'm 36 in March.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts I also have PCOS and high amh. My hormone levels are normally at baseline except LH which is a little high. Both my ovaries are polycystic.
    I had a failed OI cycle when I first started then when into a full stim cycle. That resulted in a freeze all because I overstimulated. I had 24 eggs collected . 9 made it to freezing.
    My DS was the first transfer the month after just on progynova and pessaries.
    We have been back seeing FS since Feb - first FET cycle we tried the same thing BFN
    We tried a stim FET on 37.5 gonal with little response so was cancelled around day 20.
    Next we tried letrozole 2.5mg and that was also cancelled due to low response.
    The last cycle was 10mg of letrozole and my body responded perfectly but I lost it before the second beta. I only had two dominant follicles which is unusual given I have pcos!
    FS said it was the embryo because everything else looked good.

I was 25 when I had my stim cycle. I have 6 frosties left.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (03-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brib View Post
    @fairyfloss7676
    Thats great your e2 levels are going up means the follies are cooperating! When you trigger they will keep growing anyways.. im waiting for the lab to call me with a day 3 update i hope its good. Im still sore from my EC i look 5 months pregnant im so bloated and feel like someone has pumped my tummy with air! Hurts a bit to walk and bend over but not calling my FS because he will cancel my egg transfer because i still have pain so im holding out
    Oh my goodness, I'd be so nervous waiting that call! How are you feeling?? I'm sure they're doing fine fx they continue to grow grow grow!!!

I'm a bit worried about your pain tho.. It's sounding like OHSS? Can you drink heaps of water and eat lots of protein??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brib View Post
    @fairyfloss7676
    Be really careful! I felt the same when I overstimulated. If they transfer and you are overstimulated you could end up in hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @fairyfloss7676 a little nervous waiting for the call!
    Ive been drinking heaps of water and dont have much of an appetite cos i feel so full. Yeah I gotta be careful ive been resting heaps but hard to sleep cos i cant sleep on my side cos it hurts.. it is getting a little better so im hoping its gone by mondays transfer cos i cant imagine someone putting my egg back while feeling like this

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts - stage 3 endo.. Gosh.. You just really be in a lot of pain during AF time??
    If you fell pregnant with a lining of 4-5, then lining measurement really doesn't matter!!! Wow 8/9 is a great number!!
    String of pearl follicles!!! I was lucky to see a few follicles! I'm just imagining a string of pearl follicles lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ELM13 View Post
    My DS was the first transfer the month after just on progynova and pessaries.
    We have been back seeing FS since Feb - first FET cycle we tried the same thing BFN
    We tried a stim FET on 37.5 gonal with little response so was cancelled around day 20.
    Next we tried letrozole 2.5mg and that was also cancelled due to low response.
    The last cycle was 10mg of letrozole and my body responded perfectly but I lost it before the second beta. I only had two dominant follicles which is unusual given I have pcos!
    FS said it was the embryo because everything else looked good.

I was 25 when I had my stim cycle. I have 6 frosties left.
    Were you on progynova and pressaries during your 2ww?

So did you have two dominant follicles and a bunch of smaller ones or just two dominant follicles? That is weird if you have PCOS!