+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like some of her blogs and I do like her raw honesty about motherhood and relationships. Some of her blogs don't really resonate with me.

What I do like is that at the heart of it, she does seem to care for others. Raising money for worthwhile causes and donating a portion of her book sales, i dig that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I also don't get the absolute hatred. Or the absolute adoration.

I don't understand the point of NMs post either - why do it? NM said it was supposed to be a commentary on her feelings about the queen movement. But there were some quite personal attacks regardless on how politely she felt she phrased it.
    Yeah, the whole QUEEN thing makes me cringe but having a go at her bad grammar was just below the belt.
    Also, this NM blogger, if you have a look at her FB page she's not all sweetness and light herself. Lots of double standards between what she accused CH of doing then of what she has posted herself.

She called her kids "d!ckheads"in one post.

How can she shout out to mothers to have higher standards than CH, then do that herself?
    Last edited by Phony; 25-10-2016 at 13:20.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I also don't get the absolute hatred. Or the absolute adoration.

I don't understand the point of NMs post either - why do it? NM said it was supposed to be a commentary on her feelings about the queen movement. But there were some quite personal attacks regardless on how politely she felt she phrased it.
    Same.

I read the blog post by NM. It was fine. Until halfway through were it became personal. I do not get why people are so intent on bringing someone down but then saying 'oh it's my opinion' is supposed to make it ok?

It is ok if you do not agree with someone. Or their philosophy in life. It is not ok to then insult them/laugh at them/pick on them personally. That's being mean.

As an aside I do own CH's book but only read the first couple of chapters but life got in the way so have not finished.

I think he reason for showing her relationship troubles is trying to show that everything has ups and downs.

How many of us are so darn cranky at our partners for xxxxx and either vent at your friends/here etc. It happens - she just does it publicly now. I would never do it - but if her husband has agreed then that's their decision.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (25-10-2016),Phony  (25-10-2016),Tiny Dancer  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard of her only a handful of times and have not formed an opinion of her. I will be reading along with interest here and paying more attention in the media now though as I am curious!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Same.

I read the blog post by NM. It was fine. Until halfway through were it became personal. I do not get why people are so intent on bringing someone down but then saying 'oh it's my opinion' is supposed to make it ok?

It is ok if you do not agree with someone. Or their philosophy in life. It is not ok to then insult them/laugh at them/pick on them personally. That's being mean.

As an aside I do own CH's book but only read the first couple of chapters but life got in the way so have not finished.

I think he reason for showing her relationship troubles is trying to show that everything has ups and downs.

How many of us are so darn cranky at our partners for xxxxx and either vent at your friends/here etc. It happens - she just does it publicly now. I would never do it - but if her husband has agreed then that's their decision.
    My thoughts exactly, just articulated much better than I could achieve today 😊

(I also haven't finished her book.)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like what she stands for, bringing women together, offering support to those who may not otherwise have it, her fundraising efforts etc.

But sometimes she just goes too far for me. I guess I'm in the camp of "would I be ok with me kids reading this in the future" and sometimes her very honest approach to sharing so much about her relationship with her husband and kids is too far. I'd be mortified if my husband was sharing every single fight with 1million other people, but then again he could be totally on board with it!

I don't like how the last few days have played out. I didn't like the NM blog post, I thought it was personal and below the belt, but CH surely knew that by posting about it people were going to head to her page and let her have it. That doesn't sit right with me and goes against everything she stands for.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (25-10-2016),Phony  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just had a little read of NM's blog.

I didn't think it was possible, but I think she swears more than Constance

I get the impression NM feels she is superior to Constance and resents that someone with a not-so-perfect writing style is so wildly popular. That's the vibe I get anyway.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (25-10-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (25-10-2016),Phony  (25-10-2016),TheGooch  (25-10-2016),Tiny Dancer  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a follower of her page so only see when friends 'like' her posts. She grates on me so I guess I'm more on the 'loathe' side of the fence or just plain indifference??

i don't like the oversharing and I feel sorry for her husband and children. I think perhaps she has clambered onto her five minutes of fame and it's all a bit fake for me. I just question how many real life incidents someone can have that are controversial to blog about? For example I read a post about the husband changing a nappy and other mums giving him high fives and praising him but she changed a nappy in public and people made negative comments to her about it. Really?! I can't imagine other mums commenting/praising a man for changing a nappy any more than I can imagine them rudely commenting on a mum doing it. Just seems very staged to me.

Im not up with this 'Queen' thing and I don't really understand it. I'd say no matter what she is happily making money from her book now and that was her ultimate goal.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (25-10-2016),Green Cheese  (25-10-2016),Mad84  (25-10-2016),Phony  (25-10-2016),rusty22  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post

I get the impression NM feels she is superior to Constance and resents that someone with a not-so-perfect writing style is so wildly popular. That's the vibe I get anyway.
    That's exactly the vibe I got from reading through a few of her posts.
    Crying like a little baby because she went to college and got an education (i.e, the hard way) and here comes Constance, all rough and ready with a million followers and bad grammar, but NM is totally overlooking the fact that she's just a bit boring an un-funny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post

I honestly read her post as someone who was looking for her 15 minutes to be blunt. Now a certain other parenting/holier than thou website has written a post pretty much blaming this whole thing on Constance and acting like NM never did anything wrong?