ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ✔I like that she brings awareness to some causes, like the current encouragement to donate to little Ivy, whom is battling cancer.
    ✔A few of her posts have resonated with me.
    ✔She has brought together women that have needed support or friendships.

Now for the Con list... see what I did there? 😂
    ❌She continuously slams her husband in a very public way.
    ❌The tumultuous relationship that her children seem to be regularly subjected to is seriously unhealthy. One minute she's taking her kids to a motel room because Bill has done something wrong, then she's posting about how all is forgiven because he bought her a present. What is that teaching them?
    ❌She makes lazy (and sometimes straight up dangerous) parenting out to be something that we should aspire to. She applauded someone that admitted to face timing their children in the bath so that she could drink wine.
    ❌She encourages the bullying of others.
    ❌The way that she publicly shames others and then cries "poor me" when she gets called out is deplorable.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (25-10-2016),babyno1onboard  (25-10-2016),besha  (25-10-2016),BH-KatiesMum  (25-10-2016),cheeeeesecake  (25-10-2016),DT75  (09-11-2016),GirlsRock  (25-10-2016),LaDiDah  (26-10-2016),MissMuppet  (25-10-2016),MLadyEm  (25-10-2016),Mod-pegasus  (25-10-2016),Phony  (25-10-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-10-2016),rusty22  (25-10-2016),TaylorMade  (25-10-2016),Theboys&me  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not a fan myself, but wouldnt say I 'loathe' her per se. The whole 'queenies' thing is soooooooo very lame IMO (sorry!) & I find it a bit naff when I see facebook posts from women refering to themselves as 'queens' (again, sorry!)

I also think she can be really negative about parenting. I mean, it's not all roses, and yes, it can be hard, but I think negativity can feed negativity a bit. But mostly it's just the whole 'queenie' label that puts me off straight away.

Eta - I agree atomicamama, about her normalising and applauding harmful parenting practices. Getting drunk while you leave your kids unsupervised isnt something to aspire to.
    Last edited by cheeeeesecake; 25-10-2016 at 12:18.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (25-10-2016),harvs  (25-10-2016),misho  (25-10-2016),MissMuppet  (25-10-2016),Phony  (25-10-2016),rusty22  (25-10-2016),smallpotatoes  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I like that she brings awareness to some causes, like the current encouragement to donate to little Ivy, whom is battling cancer.
    A few of her posts have resonated with me.
    She has brought together women that have needed support or friendships.

Now for the Con list... see what I did there?
    She continuously slams her husband in a very public way.
    The tumultuous relationship that her children seem to be regularly subjected to is seriously unhealthy. One minute she's taking her kids to a motel room because Bill has done something wrong, then she's posting about how all is forgiven because he bought her a present. What is that teaching them?
    She makes lazy (and sometimes straight up dangerous) parenting out to be something that we should aspire to. She applauded someone that admitted to face timing their children in the bath so that she could drink wine.
    She encourages the bullying of others.
    The way that she publicly shames others and then cries "poor me" when she gets called out is deplorable.
    Wow I've never heard of her but the cons list is enough for me to never want to.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In general, I like the sentiment behind what she seems to promote (ie the sisterhood, embracing imperfection etc).

I'm not as keen on the way it's executed. Many of her posts seem really far fetched and exaggerated to me, and at times (to me) it can feel like they are written more to gain attention for herself personally, rather than to address whatever theme is underlying the story she's telling.

I don't really have strong feelings either way - I'm actually not quite sure what the appeal is. Perhaps if I faced similar struggles to her it would be easier to identify with her. I'm not sure.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (25-10-2016),Phony  (25-10-2016),Tiny Dancer  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like that she brings awareness to some causes, like the current encouragement to donate to little Ivy, whom is battling cancer.
    A few of her posts have resonated with me.
    She has brought together women that have needed support or friendships.

Now for the Con list... see what I did there?
    She continuously slams her husband in a very public way.
    The tumultuous relationship that her children seem to be regularly subjected to is seriously unhealthy. One minute she's taking her kids to a motel room because Bill has done something wrong, then she's posting about how all is forgiven because he bought her a present. What is that teaching them?
    She makes lazy (and sometimes straight up dangerous) parenting out to be something that we should aspire to. She applauded someone that admitted to face timing their children in the bath so that she could drink wine.
    She encourages the bullying of others.
    The way that she publicly shames others and then cries "poor me" when she gets called out is deplorable.
    This!!! 🏽

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (25-10-2016),BabyG4  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ❌She encourages the bullying of others.
    ❌The way that she publicly shames others and then cries "poor me" when she gets called out is deplorable.
    Are you able to give examples of this?

Did she encourage her followers to attack another 'mummy blogger'? I didn't see any of this happen first hand, but I did see an article today about it. I wasn't sure if she played a part in it? Just curious, as my opinion of her would be altered if I'd seen her actively encourage bullying.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I completely agree with @twinklify. While I don't always agree with everything she says, or agree that everything she says should be shared, I like that she makes the negative parts of parenting and relationships normal, and stresses the need for supporting one another, not judging and hating.

I also agree with @BabyG4 - the whole handling of the situation with The Notorious Mum was completely appalling. It's kind of indicated that CH has lost control of the main purpose of what she was trying to achieve. A good portion of her followers completely attacked one individual blogger for expressing her opinions on something she disagreed with. Whether the writing of the post was right or wrong, the actions of those who call themselves Queens based on following the ideas of non-judgement/not attacking other women/building a village, were completely against those premises.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Phony  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love! She's so real & honest which is incredibly refreshing. She's trying to unite women which can only be a good thing & help in battling PND & loneliness etc.

There has been some controversy like the black face incident & now this Notorious Mum thing but she absolutely can not be held responsible for how her followers react.

I don't think she's going to survive being in the public eye though, she doesn't seem to have the resilience needed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

Phony  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have very minimal knowledge. Only what pops up in my newsfeed on Facebook that other people have liked. The bits and pieces I have seen, she seems a bit aggressive I guess. Not in a violent way but just in a "My way or the highway" type thing. She doesn't speak about her husband very nicely and she "applauds" some bizarre behaviours that I wouldn't consider great.

No issues with her, but I am just not really a fan of that kind of publicity. I think there was a video of her crying after a fight with her husband once (?? Maybe). I guess because I am such a private person with that stuff but I would NEVER do that online.

I guess really, I just have an issue with how "in your face" she is. But in saying that, I don't have to follow her, so I don't. It's only when it comes up because other fitness have liked or commented. And so they clearly like her and she is doing something for them, so that's good. Good for her and them. She just isn't for me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Phony  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Are you able to give examples of this?

Did she encourage her followers to attack another 'mummy blogger'? I didn't see any of this happen first hand, but I did see an article today about it. I wasn't sure if she played a part in it? Just curious, as my opinion of her would be altered if I'd seen her actively encourage bullying.
    My understanding of recent events is that the blog was posted by notorius mum, CH responded directly to NM. NM responded, and apparently all of this was quite civil and an understanding was reached. Then CH posted about the blog post and said that she wasn't going to name names. After people kept saying to name and shame, CH posted the screenshot of the NM. Surely CH couldn't possibly be naive enough to assume that the people calling on naming and shaming wouldn't then follow up with something. CH has been publicly attacked many times after her posts. She knows what the internet beast is like. While she didn't say "go get her", by naming the NM, she essentially gave her ok.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (25-10-2016),BabyG4  (25-10-2016),Flower78  (25-10-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (25-10-2016)