+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I haven't paid much attention to her, sometimes somebody shares one of her posts and I think it's great other times something is shared and I think it's ridiculous. This thread will probably be the new Judd one though where all of us who never paid attention to her before start!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I haven't paid much attention to her, sometimes somebody shares one of her posts and I think it's great other times something is shared and I think it's ridiculous. This thread will probably be the new Judd one though where all of us who never paid attention to her before start!
    Not me. Not enough pretty selfies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No idea who she is. Don't think I want to know after reading these posts. I don't like attention seekers as a rule so I think that puts me in the loathe club.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Phony  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I think perhaps a bit of refinement and fine tuning could help see her go further. that's not an attack on who she is either, that's constructive criticism.
    This was was my last thoughts on it yesterday, especially after seeing her on the project.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Oh no!
    I was aware of Bec Judd before that thread, still didn't make me want to follow her though.

The point of me starting this thread was to help clarify my own impression of CH.
    Out on social media, people seem to love or hate her.
    The vocal ones anyway.
    I haven't changed my opinion of her, not really.
    Watching her on The Project last night did cast a different light on her a little but nothing unexpected.
    I think she's fine doing whatever she wants to do, there's room for all sorts out in the world of blogging.
    She has quite an impulsive personality though, and while I think she has something good to offer and contribute, maybe she could leave the rest out.
    I would suggest, just like turquoisecoat, to get some PR help and advice.
    If she has that big a following she has a responsibility to have a better grip of what goes on with her followers before something drastic happens.
    All the signs are there for a big c0ck up coming.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post

I though NM's blog was harsh though. But from what I read, CH commented on that post, and they talked it out and everything was fine. Then CH did her post about how she was on the bathroom floor having an anxiety attack over it and it exploded from there. If that is true, then I can't help feeling CH was unfair, and I would bet she knew what the outcome would be. If you have a disagreement with someone, work it out and shake hands, you then don't throw a sucker punch afterwards! So even less of a fan after this. But not a fan of NM, who I'd never heard of until now, either. That reeks to me of sour grapes. I mean love or hate CH, but she lumped her in with mass murderer!!
    But is this according to NM? She has a vested interest here. I haven't read where CH confirmed they had talked it out and moved on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Constance Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Just a copy & paste for those who can't find NM's blog.

"Now look: I love a good bandwagon as much as the next person. Probably MORE than the next person. I’ve always thought that I’d be the likeliest candidate to join a cult, such is my need to jump on said bandwagon. And I’ve come close, a few times; I was a mod and a Buddhist and a Brosette and even – for a few ill-fated years – a vegetarian. If Charles Manson had driven past one day – when I was young and impressionable and lacking in quality companionship – and said, “Hey little lady, sharpen your knives and jump on board,” I’d have offered to ****ing drive. Pete Evans and his mad, staring eyes? I’d have fallen at his withered, paleolithic feet, if he’d offered me some kale and camaraderie. And, if Constance Hall had been around a decade ago, when I moved back to Perth from London with my three-month-old son and soul-gnawing loneliness, I’d have woven my floral crown and had “like a queen” tattooed across my ****ing forehead before I’d even got the kid vaccinated.

Because I get it. I get what it is to want to belong. I understand the human need to find your gang, your tribe, your people, your place. I know how ****ing lonely motherhood can be, and how finding just one likeminded soul can give you a reason to get up in the morning. To find a whole gang of likeminded mothers, all struggling to make sense of this new, unscripted role, and to know that they’re there to lift you up and say KEEP GOING, YOU’RE DOING GOOD, is not to be underestimated. Constance Hall and her many queens offer a ****ing lifeline. They are a good thing. They are an important thing.
    But they are not my thing.
    Because I am not a queen.
    And I have reservations about the whole queen thing, truth be told. Maybe it’s because I’m older/wiser/look ridiculous in a flower tiara. Maybe it’s because I’ve already found my tribe – a gang of women, some of whom I’ve never actually met in person, and know only by Facebook profile pictures and sassy online comments. These chicks are smart. They are wise. They are ****ing funny. We talk about Netflix and Botox and wine and Top Gun and life-sized stuffed rabbits and wine and teenagers with iPhones and toddlers with swearing tendencies and job aspirations and cleaning products and wine. Call us prudish, but we emphatically don’t share the intimate details or our relationships, nor nude selfies. I love these chicks, but I don’t want to see their wobbly bits.
    I consulted my gang before I wrote this post – asked them what they thought being a queen entailed. Some of them consider themselves to be queens, and that’s cool, we can work with that. Some of them are jaded with the queen thing. Most of them love the premise of being a queen – SUPPORT EACH OTHER – but are wary about the cult-like, hero-worship aspect of queendom. One thought we were talking about Queen Elizabeth II, and got pretty ****ing confused. Another lives in America, and spent her day – our night – sending messages entitled WHO THE **** IS CONSTANCE HALL, until she thought it was a tremendous in-joke at her expense, and told us all to go **** ourselves.
    But! Here’s the gist of what we came up with: hero worshipping makes us nervous. Yeah, support each other. Be there for each other. Love each other, stand up for each and fight for each other – but don’t elevate one queen to a higher status than the others. That **** makes us nervous, ‘cos humans are, y’know, human, with flaws and foibles and ill-founded theories based on nothing but speculation and guesswork and Facebook likes. None of us really know what we’re doing, except maybe Maggie Dent, and I’m even wary of her since she told me that Ben might benefit from kinesiology. We’re all making it up as we go along, and I think that’s probably the best way to do it. Dance to the beat of your own drum, not someone else’s.
    Then there’s idea of motherhood as a form of oppression. Um, guys? It’s not. It’s one of the toughest gigs in the whole world, but it’s not a patch on being shackled to a radiator in a basement and being made to breed on demand. THAT’s oppression. Most of us willingly chose this gig. We chose our roles, and we chose our life partners. And while I KNOW I complain and ***** and moan and whinge, I’m forever ****ing grateful for what I’ve got. Yes, my husband has an Ebay addiction and leaves the murky water in the sink after he’s washed the dishes, but I still really ****ing like him.
    And listen, I know it’s quite fashionable at the moment to be all, like, LOOK AT MY BELLY ROLLS, but I’m not down with that. Be proud of your baby-breeding body – OF COURSE – but don’t be ashamed to aspire to being fit and healthy. This is a decidedly uncool thing to say, but here goes: I EXERCISE EVERY ****ING DAY. I DO THE 5:2 FASTING DIET. Not very ****ing queen-like now, am I? Sorry not sorry; I want to be the best I can be, physically and mentally. I’m getting old, yeah, but I want my kids to look at me as a role model and an inspiration. I want them to be proud of me.
    There’s one more thing, and this might be an unpopular train of thought, but here goes: children don’t raise themselves. As a parent, you do need to make a modicum of effort to ensure your children grow into something other than psychopaths and serial killers and car salesmen. Like, I’m all for cutting corners, but I don’t think it’s enough to simply pop a sprog out and then **** off to the pub wearing a t-shirt that says “Mamma Bear”. You need to make a bit of a ****ing effort. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.
    Like all good cults – sorry, movements – queendom started with the best of intentions. It continues with the best of intentions. It raises ALL THE MONEY for good causes. I am RIGHT behind that. It makes lost, lonely mothers feel like they’re part of a gang. That is the good ****.
    But I’m putting my hand up here and saying: I’m not a queen. A queen mother, maybe, but not a queen.
    I’ll leave you with one final thought: CORRECT GRAMMAR IS NOT A CRIME. Let me explain what I mean by that, 'cos that makes me sound like an uptight, pedantic *****. I'm a writer (and also an uptight, pedantic *****). I studied English and Journalism at uni and I've spent the last two decades working with words for a living. This is my job, my profession. When people come along, call themselves writers, and say, "Grammar is for wankers," it stings, because it belittles my profession. It's kinda like telling a plumber that any ****er can fix a toilet. And, if a person with a million followers, hanging on their every mis-spelled word, sends the message that "grammar is for wankers", then where does that leave us?
    Where does hero worship leave any of us?
    That's all. Thanks for listening."

http://thenotoriousmum.com/
    Blah blah blah! What a bunch of unimportant self indulgent tripe. Only made it 1/3 of the way through before getting bored. Get a real day job lady!
    Last edited by VicPark; 26-10-2016 at 06:22.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (26-10-2016),Phony  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Blah blah blah! What a bunch of unimportant self indulgent tripe. Only made it 1/3 of the way through before getting bored. Get a real day job lady!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    This was was my last thoughts on it yesterday, especially after seeing her on the project.

I was wondering how her appearance may have swayed opinions on her. I was left feeling quite underwhelmed but I think she may have been very nervous. I personally quite like her for the most part , or more so the idea behind what she has been trying to achieve. But I found her interview yesterday bordering on incoherent. The words fell out of her mouth in such a rushed way with so many unfinished and chopped sentences. It was not the way I imagined her to speak.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Phony  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I thought she was nervous, I waffle like that when I'm nervous, too.
    And curse, right when I don't want to curse I curse like a sailor!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (26-10-2016)