+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    ^^ What Sonja said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I will add something to this.

The mother posted on her page. There were a lot of negative comments about this person's post.

CH then took a screenshot (blanked name/child) and wrote a post about it (which I read and thought was really respectful - and in support of not sending nasty messages to the woman amongst other things). People kept posting hateful comments about this woman. This woman's family then started posting/messaging things to CH (someone was allegedly sending death threats).

So IMO this is a case of her *trying* to address/fix something but due to not enough social media experience etc it went out of control.
    That whole incident was so dumb it beggars belief. Who in this day and age sends a child to school in black face?

These situations get completely out of control when people aren't smart enough to understand the impact of their actions.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Constance Hall

Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Do remember that she was reason that Book Week saga was all over the news for days, and an unaware mother bullied beyond belief. She well and truly should have learned what her words are capable of.
    CH addressed the issue of black face very well IMO. She did not blame or shame that Mumma. In fact, I think she was pretty clear about it being an innocent act of mum helping son honour his hero. But that a lesson was there to be learned.

It was everybody else that went mental about it.

I'm definitely not CHs biggest fan, but I do like her, she's so real, she 'seems' to genuinely want the best for people.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    That whole incident was so dumb it beggars belief. Who in this day and age sends a child to school in black face?

These situations get completely out of control when people aren't smart enough to understand the impact of their actions.
    There was a thread about black face recently. It may have even been because of that incident. Anyway, I think black face is one of those things where once you know better, you do better. It wasn't taught in schools, and I have had to explain why it's CA to several people because they were completely unaware of its history.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Loathe CH. I think she is an ignorant nitwit. Her language is extremely offensive and most of her blogs are simply awful.

Never heard of NM till now.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

bluehawaii  (27-10-2016),LaDiDah  (26-10-2016),Phony  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    BUT - reading the original blog by NM - seriously, in what universe is that not a personal attack? How could she not expect some kind of reaction?
    I think Lisa was quite direct, but that appears to be her style ( I knew CH but not NM before this). I certainly won't say she was kind but I believe she made some really valid points about the whole cult like thing that is happening with CH and how destructive that can be on several levels. It seems CH attracts a certain type of personality; that personality can have many good things, but bad as well, as this is the result.

I really dislike censorship except in obvious cases of racism, homophobia, pro-DV etc. I think the world has changed so much with the internet and I see so many cases of people that put themselves right out there social media wise, then get upset when people critique them. Like Rebecca Judd lol

I guess I liken it to excessive force. If someone kicks you, you can kick them back but you can't stab them. NM while a little harsh didn't deserve what she got. A fair response would have been Hall putting together her own blog post addressing the discussion of NM with her own set of hard hits. Having literally thousands of people abusing and threatening Lisa? Nope I consider that 'excessive force'.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (25-10-2016),LaDiDah  (26-10-2016),Phony  (26-10-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (27-10-2016),Wise Enough  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As much as I dont love CH, I did agree with her stance on the child in blackface. The story basically went down - a fellow 'queen' mum posted on CH wall, applauding herself for her sons great blackface costume for bookweek. CH deleted it & didnt name & shame the mum, but explained (at a basic level) why blackface isn't ok & she couldnt accept that post on her wall. As PP said - when we know better, we do better. The mum cracked the sh!ts because CH didnt applaud her for painting her son black. Many ignorant people still had no understanding of why blackface isnt ok, & attacked CH. So even though I'm not a fan - I did agree with her on that one, very much so.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Phony  (26-10-2016),Sonja  (25-10-2016),TheGooch  (25-10-2016),twinklify  (25-10-2016),VicPark  (26-10-2016),YeahYeahYeah  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a few friends that like CH. I read the things that popped up on my wall because they had liked them, and after a few, I told FB not to show me her posts. I don't get the hype. She seems very fake to me. Like she's trying too hard. And I personally don't think the relationship drama in her life needs to be aired in public.

I though NM's blog was harsh though. But from what I read, CH commented on that post, and they talked it out and everything was fine. Then CH did her post about how she was on the bathroom floor having an anxiety attack over it and it exploded from there. If that is true, then I can't help feeling CH was unfair, and I would bet she knew what the outcome would be. If you have a disagreement with someone, work it out and shake hands, you then don't throw a sucker punch afterwards! So even less of a fan after this. But not a fan of NM, who I'd never heard of until now, either. That reeks to me of sour grapes. I mean love or hate CH, but she lumped her in with mass murderer!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Phony  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Am I the only one wondering if CH or NM are on Bubhub and could be reading this right now

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Phony  (26-10-2016),Tdez  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    Am I the only one wondering if CH or NM are on Bubhub and could be reading this right now
    I've been thinking about this since I first saw the thead pop up too.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Phony  (26-10-2016)