+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    But shouldn't Constance take the high road, instead of stooping to that level, if she considered the blog post to be an attack? Retaliating in a very public manner, knowing that her followers would be out for blood is going against everything her fans claim that she's about.

And I am sticking with my thought that she would have known what the outcome would be.
    While I agree with this to an extent, I have to acknowledge that I am looking at it with the power of hindsight and also it not being me. I know that if someone wrote something like that about me, I'd be really upset and might say or do something that wasn't necessarily right. And probably regret it big time.

ETA Not suggesting this is how CH feels, I don't know much about either of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

Phony (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeahYeah View Post
    I don't think she's going to survive being in the public eye though, she doesn't seem to have the resilience needed.
    agree with this.

she's too fiery and quick to react. I know that's part of her brand but if she wants to get bigger/gain more followers/popularity/fame, then I think she's going to have to get a PR person to help guide her.

she is extremely unrefined and the terrible spelling does bug me (I'm a spelling nazi), but she has a heart of gold and comes from a good place every time.

I think perhaps a bit of refinement and fine tuning could help see her go further. that's not an attack on who she is either, that's constructive criticism.

the public flogging of her husband after they've had their latest epic fight needs to stop too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Phony (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    While I agree with this to an extent, I have to acknowledge that I am looking at it with the power of hindsight and also it not being me. I know that if someone wrote something like that about me, I'd be really upset and might say or do something that wasn't necessarily right. And probably regret it big time.
    She has almost 1 million followers, and I've seen her comment on parenting pages where articles are posted about her, so she would definitely have seen the way her fans tear down anyone that posts anything less than heart eyes. I just can't imagine her having no foresight of this happening.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Phony (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is she not responsible?
    She's the one that chose to go back to her own facebook page and post about the blogger, for her almost 1 million followers to see. She then replied to comments with the name of the blogger. What purpose does that serve other than to instigate a lynch mob?

Given how aware she would be that she has an extremely loyal following, she would know exactly what kind of reaction her post would get.
    She has almost a million followers, how could she possibly be responsible for what those individuals choose to do when taking offense to something?

As far as I understand, she didn't ask anyone to attack? I don't think I saw the whole story unfold but the post I read was asking her readers not to send screen shots of her being trashed. I assume ppl took it upon themselves to 'retaliate'. Equally, why would her followers send her examples of hate, of course it would be hurtful.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

Mod-Wise Enough (25-10-2016),Phony (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am not a huge fan of CH and do find her a bit of an oversharer / unnecessarily crass at times but I think she has obviously struck a chord with a huge amount of people so her message is obviously one that resonates. If someone else disagrees with CH they should just be happy to let others do their own thing. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all! And if someone had said things like that about me I probably would have retaliated also. CH while famous has become famous quite fast and probably hasn't had a lot of media training or professional training in how to deal with negative stuff like this. She's a human and she responded like a human would! I also agree with pp's who have noted there may be an element of jealousy in the original post.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (25-10-2016),Mod-Wise Enough (25-10-2016),Phony (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do remember that she was reason that Book Week saga was all over the news for days, and an unaware mother bullied beyond belief. She well and truly should have learned what her words are capable of.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Phony (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She has almost 1 million followers, and I've seen her comment on parenting pages where articles are posted about her, so she would definitely have seen the way her fans tear down anyone that posts anything less than heart eyes. I just can't imagine her having no foresight of this happening.
    That may be true, but it's a public blog, she hardly exposed private conversations etc. But yes she pointed them towards it.

My point anyway was that people can behave irrationally when upset. But perhaps like you say it was rational and intentional, like I said I don't know much about her. So I don't know why I am getting involved!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do remember that she was reason that Book Week saga was all over the news for days, and an unaware mother bullied beyond belief. She well and truly should have learned what her words are capable of.
    I will add something to this.

The mother posted on her page. There were a lot of negative comments about this person's post.

CH then took a screenshot (blanked name/child) and wrote a post about it (which I read and thought was really respectful - and in support of not sending nasty messages to the woman amongst other things). People kept posting hateful comments about this woman. This woman's family then started posting/messaging things to CH (someone was allegedly sending death threats).

So IMO this is a case of her *trying* to address/fix something but due to not enough social media experience etc it went out of control.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Happymum2 (26-10-2016),Mod-Wise Enough (25-10-2016),Phony (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That may be true, but it's a public blog, she hardly exposed private conversations etc. But yes she pointed them towards it.

My point anyway was that people can behave irrationally when upset. But perhaps like you say it was rational and intentional, like I said I don't know much about her. So I don't know why I am getting involved!
    I wouldn't necessarily say intentional. More that someone with her power needs to be careful about what they put out there, if that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I'm the same. Before this morning I'd never heard of any of these people. Yet here I am getting involved.

Fwiw my personal view with blogs like these is you fall one of 2 ways. You know you're a public figure or identity and therefore people may love you but you'll also get haters. You either ignore them or you go down to their level.

My mother always said you lie down with dogs you get fleas.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici (28-10-2016),GreenMama (25-10-2016)