+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default is it wrong

that I am finding it a little too amusing that my mum has left a very angry message for me complaining that due to my inability to pay the full amounts my electricity company want paid on an installment plan my electricity has been disconnected on them. And that I am really really tempted to wait until as late as possible to "get" this message and contact the company to try to negotiate something else.

FWIW I have been paying as much as I can (but apparently it appears they have been using more hence the amount due growing considerably) and am attempting to get an appointment with a financial counsellor in order to get a more affordable payment plan given companies tend to cooperate more with them. Just the frustration of a long wait list combined with here being unwilling to let me escape for long enough for the appointment given my catchment for a funded financial counsellor is nearly an hour away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you have the hospital social worker call them on your behalf? They could explain you are in hospital and have been paying as much as you can and that it is other people using it at the moment which you have no control over.

Might be enough to get them off your back until you can see the financial counsellor.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Dust For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (25-10-2016)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    will the hospital social worker be able to make the contacts with your mum aswell as contacting the financial person or someone from the electricity company for you. Do you think there would be someone who could help you deal with everyone. ? hugs, marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    social worker already attempted - unfortunately she doesn't have the same relationship with the company as I've found in the past financial counsellors do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you get a family member as a mediator to help you sort things between you and your mum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    there's no chance of sorting things between my mum & I (you can't fix a mother allowing a child to be molested among other things) - it has been tried with many through family meetings, years of counselling to try to put things behind me, others confirming she is batsh*t crazy etc. They should at least have electricity again now as the social worker temporarily fixed things after a battle.