+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Wwyd??

So a random box full of food arrives on your doorstep, from one of those online grocer companies. There is no name or address on it, and your address is quite distinctive and difficult to stuff up. You email the company to tell them they have delivered to the wrong address but still have not got a reply. You could actually really use the food as its been a super tight month. How long do you wait before you start eating it? Keep in mind it's meat as well and could go bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Wwyd??

Honestly, I'd ring first, then email again and give till end of the business day. I mean, you're kind enough to put in your fridge, you were lucky you were home otherwise it would of got spoilt.

If it was a big supermarket chain I'd keep it in a heartbeat, but would feel guilty if I didn't try my best first for a small online grocer.

To be fair though they would probably have to throw it out instead of now passing it to another customer (I hope!) as they can no longer guarantee its quality and freshness as it's been out of their supply chain.
    Are you sure nobody arranged it for you as a surprise or gift?
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 25-10-2016 at 06:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Usually those type of companies enclose an invoice or at least have your name on it, so maybe someone did leave it there for you? I would call the company so I get an immediate answer and say it's here at my house, is it a gift or did they send it to the wrong address , an email could take too long! If I couldn't get hold of them with 24 hours then yes if I needed the food I'd take it as the only other option is to toss it and that's a waste !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tried calling the company? Or checked with neighbours to see if they are missing their order?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Have you tried calling the company? Or checked with neighbours to see if they are missing their order?
    The number I found for them was disconnected, I messaged the company on Facebook and asked for the phone number of the people that service my area but they have told me they can't give that to me. And I don't actually have any neighbours on my actual street, that's the weird part lol I'm a 101a type of address and my problem is they usually deliver to the 101 sort of thing (and no it's not them)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Honestly, I'd ring first, then email again and give till end of the business day. I mean, you're kind enough to put in your fridge, you were lucky you were home otherwise it would of got spoilt.

If it was a big supermarket chain I'd keep it in a heartbeat, but would feel guilty if I didn't try my best first for a small online grocer.

To be fair though they would probably have to throw it out instead of now passing it to another customer (I hope!) as they can no longer guarantee its quality and freshness as it's been out of their supply chain.
    Are you sure nobody arranged it for you as a surprise or gift?
    Yes I'm feeling guilty too that it might be a struggling franchisee but I hate the thought of it all getting thrown out! I don't think anyone's arranged it for me I can't think of anyone that would have!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    The number I found for them was disconnected, I messaged the company on Facebook and asked for the phone number of the people that service my area but they have told me they can't give that to me. And I don't actually have any neighbours on my actual street, that's the weird part lol I'm a 101a type of address and my problem is they usually deliver to the 101 sort of thing (and no it's not them)
    Well I think you've done your bit and they are not sounding helpful, the onus shouldn't be on you to do all the chasing! When did it come? Yesterday?

Enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Well I think you've done your bit and they are not sounding helpful, the onus shouldn't be on you to do all the chasing! When did it come? Yesterday?

Enjoy!
    Yep yesterday at about 7am, I was kind of hoping the delivery person would show up again today to take it back coz I'm feeling guilty lol but no sign of them yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So strange! Did you need to sign for it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    Yep yesterday at about 7am, I was kind of hoping the delivery person would show up again today to take it back coz I'm feeling guilty lol but no sign of them yet.
    Seriously if it's been out of their hands now for 24 hours I as a customer would no longer want that box passed onto me and expect a new one.

Keep it guilt free.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (25-10-2016),Renn  (25-10-2016),TheGooch  (25-10-2016),VicPark  (26-10-2016)