+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Campers....bed question

I bought air mattresses for the kids on sale recently from bcf. I got them because they were cheap and my husband had never been camping before (he's not from Australia) and I didn't want to spend huge amounts on the stretchers. My husband really enjoyed camping so I would now invest in stretchers as they are more comfy imo and you can buy a cheap self inflating mattress to put on top for a bit more comfort.

Having said that, the kids mattresses were really good as they are higher around the edges so the kids don't fall off.

http://search.bcf.com.au/search?w=wa...0kids%20airbed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

CanadianKangaroo  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have allll the camping gear - stretcher beds, air mattress, self inflating mattress....and to be honest most of the time we just end up rolling out our swag on the floor! We do have an extra bit of eggshell foam cut to size in our swag too so with that it's pretty comfy. It is even better with one of our mattresses underneath (either one). It really just depends how much space we have as to whether we take anything extra or just the swag. Ultimate in comfort though is stretcher bed + mattress + swag! The self inflating ones are more comfy than air mattresses but they are a lot bulkier to transport so you need to factor that in too.

If you haven't decided on a tent yet, check out oztent. They are brilliant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I thought the stretcher beds didn't look very comfortable but apparently they are. I might have to go try them out and then look for second hand ones.
    For the tent we just bought the Outdoor Connection Brampton. It's how awesome reviews and is huge.
    http://outdoorconnection.com.au/products/brampton-tent/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another lover of the dune 4wd mats here.
    Slept on it in the lounge in summer under the air con when I was 6 months pregnant!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I grabbed a couple of these today for the boys. I was surprised at how comfortable they are.

https://www.anacondastores.com/campi...d/p/BP90001432
    We're thinking of getting a set of bunks for DD so we can keep stuff on top.
    Now for me and DH. The problem is he is nearly 6'6 so those stretchers don't cut it for him.
    Might look into a Dune mat for the both of us. How do they go with two people on it? Do they move around heaps?