ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gift idea for baby boy

A friend of mine lives interstate and just had a baby. Looking for ideas for gifts that can be delivered/posted that are a little more than swaddles/sheets/clothes etc.

Anyone have any cute or practical ideas for me?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you want practical you could do a Woolworths/Coles delivery of nappies, wipes and then may be some good snack food for mum like trail mix, muesli bars that sort of thing? If you know they will be home for the delivery you could even add some sort of pre made meal they can pop in the oven like a lasagne and a bag salad or similar.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

amyd  (27-10-2016),babyno1onboard  (24-10-2016),BB77  (25-10-2016),mmmkay  (24-10-2016),Renn  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have friends in Sydney we bought them a little French bathers with a Thomas rashie and a big floppy sun hat. Their DS does swimming lesson so we know the outfit get used every week we also got it all in sz1 so it last them a bit longer as bubs is a BIG BOY

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

mmmkay  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double posted!
    Last edited by MrsVZ; 24-10-2016 at 17:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got such a great gift at my baby shower that I would never have thought of getting myself, it's a lightweight change mat with such a cute design on it in a really great fabric, not the plastic like cheap kind you get with a baby bag and not a bulky thing for baby'a room. More for around the house. So many friends have since told me what a great idea it is because they all use old towels around the house if they're changing nappies outside of the nursery area. They're hard to find though. Cant think now where it is from, will update here once I've checked.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsVZ For This Useful Post:

mmmkay  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best gift we had was a cuddledry towel, so practical!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkTutu For This Useful Post:

mmmkay  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsVZ View Post
    I got such a great gift at my baby shower that I would never have thought of getting myself, it's a lightweight change mat with such a cute design on it in a really great fabric, not the plastic like cheap kind you get with a baby bag and not a bulky thing for baby'a room. More for around the house. So many friends have since told me what a great idea it is because they all use old towels around the house if they're changing nappies outside of the nursery area. They're hard to find though. Cant think now where it is from, will update here once I've checked.
    They usually are made from WAHM/Etsy kind of places. You can get mats/matching changing wallets.

I really like this idea actually. MIL made me one and it was really helpful (until I left it in a changeroom lol).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

mmmkay  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone gave me a shopping trolley cover and it has been wonderful. The one I got is a trolley monster, great quality I get stopped all the time and asked where I got it from.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CharlieDE For This Useful Post:

mmmkay  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsVZ View Post
    My friend got me a really nice one from bambooty. Didn't think I'd use it much but it's so handy, especially when out and about. Cute designs too.
    https://www.bambooty.com.au/anytime-...le-change-mats

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (27-10-2016),mmmkay  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the late reply but the change mat I got is actually from Cotton On baby! Didn't expect that and didn't realise they sell them and such nice ones!
    Last edited by MrsVZ; 27-10-2016 at 06:48.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsVZ For This Useful Post:

mmmkay  (26-10-2016)