ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a t.v but I don't know how it works. I moved furniture around a year ago and the t.v was unplugged so it all died. We can watch DVDs and kids hooked up the games consoles but no one bothered getting the t.v to work. No one really cares or watches t.v.
    I use the computer to watch stuff kids only care about gaming. DD uses youtube or the Internet. Mainly DD only cares about makeup tutorials. DS is 6 and couldn't careless about t.v.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have had periods of being TV free. Not through choice, just because the TV broke and I couldn't afford a new one, or their were issues with the antenna on roof.

At first it was okay, we played more board games and I thought it was great.

A couple of months in when my youngest was following me around all day expecting me to entertain her, I was longing for the TV just to shut her up for a bit. I also developed an internet addiction during that period.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a TV. We use it as a media center (hooked up to a laptop).
    We don't watch much on it. My DD started getting really upset when we would turn it off in the afternoon. If its on she'll watch it til I turn it off, then comes the inevitable melt down if certain shows were on.
    We usually use it for music and my housemate plays video games. We watch movies on it, ones that the kids are fine with if I turn it off. But even thats a rarity. We're not a "tv on in the background" type home. Mainly its a "music on in the background" which I use youtube for so there are the music videos for that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post: