ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a 4br home, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 living areas and open plan kitchen/dining area.

We use all the rooms although one of the living areas doesn't have furniture yet. Kids watch TV in there but sit on kid sofas on the floor. Once we have furniture it will be a formal lounge room and the TV will be moved to the family room. We only recently bought this house. We were previously in a smaller 3 bedroom 1 bathroom house that was half this size and we used all the space.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in a 4 x 2.5 townhouse with two living areas. We use 2 bedrooms, one bed room is a toy room for DS2. The 4th bedroom only gets used for infrequent guests. Both bathrooms get used daily (DH has the main bath and the ensuite is my bathroom). The downstairs living area gets used all the time. Upstairs is just an extension of the playroom and gets used only when we are upstairs.

I used to love in a 3x1 and was much happier. I had fantastic storage and it was easier/quicker to clean. I had two storey living with kids. It is harder to contain the mess because they constantly bring more and more downstairs to play with. Storage isn't great in this house.

Mind you this place is better than the 5X3.5, with 3 living areas, front and back deck we lived in before moving south!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining, balcony, laundry, family room and dining area here to there is also has a bar/mini kitchen and a big store room off this and outdoor entertaining areas

It's a 2 storey house I bought 12 yrs ago. A big family with exdh was the plan but he left for another life before DS1 was born. We only use 2 of the upstairs bedrooms, DS1 doesn't want to go into his new room anymore and wants to be close to DS2 15wks. Do his new room has his clothes and desk in it, we use another room for toys and the last bedroom for a spare room when my sister comes over the US each Xmas

I'd quite happily sell
    Up and buy a smaller place on a smaller block with no pool

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 3 bdr, 1 bathroom house. I am here with my husband and 4 kids, so we are reasonably tight in here. We have one living room, no dining room etc. We do have a sunroom which is a schmozzle at the moment but it's currently being arranged to be a study for me and it also stores our freezers and the kids clothes cupboards.

1 bedroom is ours
    4 kids share one bedroom
    Other bedroom is full of toy boxes and also has a tv for movie nights in it.

So in short, we use every inch of our house pretty much every single day.

I couldn't handle having unused rooms in my house. Would seem like such a waste.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We rent a small 3 bedroom/1 bathroom house and we use all spaces.

It most ways it's great, but sometimes I think we could do with a little more space (a dedicated play/toy room would be awesome) and perhaps a 2nd toilet. Additional indoor storage would also be super handy.

The upside is that it's easy to keep on top of housework!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't use our dining room apart from a handful of times a year 😄. Don't use the shower in 2nd bathroom & don't use our front yard. Lots of wasted 'land' as opposed to wasted living space. I would love an extra room for a play room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 4 bedroom, 3 living room, 2 bathroom house. We don't use the 4th bedroom at all, our front lounge room is used very rarely. Occasionally I will have a coffee in there if I want to escape any mess in the main living area. I used to use it to watch TV in at night as I do love the room, its got lovely furniture and no toys or mess. Since we moved the TV to the playroom we rarely use it. I'd love to downsize to a 3br, 2 living, 2 bathroom house.