+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our apartment has three bedrooms, three bathrooms (each has an ensuite) powder room and open plan living/dining/kitchen. Two bathrooms don't get use as kids insist on showering with us. I'd love one more to use as a playroom for the kids but not really possible to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I lived in a tiny 2 bedroom cottage that had a windowless room that we used for storage only. All other space was used. Our current house is 3 beds plus study, 2 living areas, 2 bathrooms front and rear deck. We don't use the study, one of the bedrooms, one of the bathrooms and the front deck. There's a lot of wasted space. Still it's not as bad as some of the new project homes I have seen. Most have multiple living areas that just leave me scratching my head as to how somebody would use them. Unless you had multiple hobbies and had spaces set up for those it just seems like overkill.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (23-10-2016),ExcuseMyFrench  (23-10-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Zeddie View Post
    We have a 3x2 house and we barely use the 3rd room. I do however want a bigger house because I hate how small our kitchen is! I love to be in the kitchen and hate how little storage space and bench space there is
    Storage is everything isn't it? Even though I don't use the rooms, I definitely use the storage in all the rooms!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (23-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a 4bed 2bath and 2 living space house. We use 3x bedrooms daily our guest room is frequently used for visitors. The main living space is the playroom and our formal lounge is the adult space. All get used daily. I'd love a third living space to use as a library as with 7 bookshelves there are books everywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting thread!
    We have a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 living room house plus a workshop off the garage.
    We use 2 bedrooms, one of the others is a guest bedroom which gets used once a year when DHs brother comes from overseas, fourth bedroom is a study which we don't use anymore so had turned into a room we put everything we don't want DD getting into and leave the door shut. I run completely off my laptop in the living room now (and I do work/study from home every day, it works fine).
    We generally only use the ensuite but DD uses the bath in the main bathroom maybe twice a week now.
    We have our main living area which we use all the time plus another big living room which has DDs ball pit, some play equipment, my piano and DHs microbrewery setup. It's a mess which I hate!
    The workshop is for DH to work on his race car so it's chockers with machinery.
    If we were designing a home from scratch (yes please!) I'd still have 2 bathrooms but could definitely get by with 3 bedrooms max and 1 big living area. Would prefer it muchly!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (23-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are currently in a house with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, one living room, plus a study. Currently transitioning our 3rd bedroom (which was our spare room) into the baby's new room, and the 4th bedroom is now the toy room (with a sofa bed), because I was sick of having toys all through the house. So, the only bedroom that currently isn't used daily is the 3rd bedroom, but that will change soon. We don't use the main toilet or shower often - with DH and I being the only adults, we mainly use the ensuite, and just the bath tub in the main bathroom. Our study is used daily, mostly by DH. It is (unfortunately) a really odd shape, and not terribly helpful in terms of usable wall space. We've crammed 2 bookshelves, the computer desk, filing cabinet and some plastic storage tubs in there.

While we use most of the space, it's a poorly designed house, and has next to no storage. We never would have bought this house, just because of the layout. I've seen smaller houses that are better designed that we could utilise much more effectively.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much of your house do you actually use?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    Storage is everything isn't it? Even though I don't use the rooms, I definitely use the storage in all the rooms!
    It really is! Our garage is so jammed packed, we have shelving on all the walls. I read the minimalist thread and thought we have so much stuff we could do without but I can't help myself I can't throw out/ give away anything!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Small 3x1 house with an extra toilet. One open plan living area. It all gets used. We used to live in a 4x2 with an open living area and formal living area...we used it all, but we don't notice the size difference at all in terms of comfort. We used the extra space because it was there (and filled it with stuff we didn't need because we could) not because we needed it. I much prefer to live in a small house. I grew up in a small house, and after living in small and large houses, I wouldn't buy a big house (the big house we lived in we rented).
    I will admit that I do like two toilets, but am very indifferent on two bathrooms.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 4 bedroom, 3 bath, formal dining, lounge and family room home. Every single room gets used on a daily basis. The formal dining is actually the study for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We purchased our house 4 years ago expecting to quickly fill it with kids. We have 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 living areas and a study over 2 levels.

We use 2 spare bedrooms and a bathroom often - couple of times a month for guests. One is my nephews with all his stuff.

The entire downstairs, 2 bed, study, living, bathroom and kitchenette hardly ever gets used. The only things downstairs we used are the laundry and wine cellar.

It breaks my heart that our house feels so empty but this is our forever home and one day I know it will be full.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (24-10-2016),ShannyAnny  (24-10-2016),witherwings  (24-10-2016)