+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Great job!!! It feels so good doesn't it?

I've not done much but I have put my old iPhone a blender and massive pasta maker (electric not one of those metal things with a spinning handle on gum tree to sell.

I also have a playpen that I'll put on too once I have photos and I've cleaned it up - currently in the garage and full of cobwebs.

I was also inspired by another hubber who found a great jacket at a charity store so I'll go to recycled or charity stores to buy clothes next time

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Butterfly Baby  (28-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm very minimalist i think it is because my mum is a hoarder so I can't handle things at all.

Our kids have 1 box duplo, 2 balance bikes mr potato heads & trains. That's it! We goto playgroup etc for interacting with toys. Also another great idea is your local toy library

I always use BSS pages except for fridges etc. but majority kids beds etc yep. Kids have bare minimum clothes

I see it as such a waste as kids don't wear them anyway! I'll wait until they are teens begging me for stuff lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Great job!!! It feels so good doesn't it?

I've not done much but I have put my old iPhone a blender and massive pasta maker (electric not one of those metal things with a spinning handle on gum tree to sell.

I also have a playpen that I'll put on too once I have photos and I've cleaned it up - currently in the garage and full of cobwebs.

I was also inspired by another hubber who found a great jacket at a charity store so I'll go to recycled or charity stores to buy clothes next time
    U live in best area. My MIL op shops for my kids and posts it to us. Gap, Ralph Lauren etc. also someone always leaves clothes on side road lol yes we are that type of family but we also have a stall at markets to make extra $$

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Omg tell me about it! On the one side so many op shop "goodies". On the other side so many brand new plastic stuff. I feel so bad getting rid of it that we tend to keep it all. I do put boxes of it away in the cupboard that I'm hoping to get rid of on a day I'm feeling strong!
    I managed to get rid of some of these toys over the holidays. I ended up donating a lot to a local toy library so I'm happy lots of kids will get joy out of them!

We're also looking at getting a large block and building a simple house on it.

Eta. I plan on selling a lot of our baby stuff.
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 19-02-2017 at 19:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a show on Netflix if anyone is interesed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Great start! How good does it feel having all your 'stuff' leave the house!!!? Big block with a smaller house sounds like a great plan!

I've just dropped off a bunch of toys and my clothes. I'm next going through all of my books and old magazines.

Does anyone know if charity stores sell old magazines? They're house and gardens magazines between 2013 and 2014.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    There is a show on Netflix if anyone is interesed
    Which one? I love tiny house living on foxtel

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    @A-Squared it feels great, it was all stuff ds had grown out of.

We have a library near us that has a magazine swap box. Or you could try a cafe?

They have a tiny house marathon on 7 life I think it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Which one? I love tiny house living on foxtel
    Why don't u donate the magaZines to the hospitals? They are all so old and mums get bored there!

It's literally called minalism I think I spelt it wrong lol. But it's great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not as minimalist minded as some here but:

- when we moved, we chucked out everything and bought beds, dining table and chairs, baby furniture (a cot changer and bassinet all attached together and turns into a bed with side table). We kept our fridge-freezer, and bought a new washing machine.
    - kept our coffee table and bookshelves
    - no dryer, no side tables, no extra chairs, no non-necessary baby items
    - we chucked out ALL the kids' toys except collectables and the most recent three each. No toys for birthdays or xmas (clothing, board games and diy stuff only).

We do have quite a few screen items but are strict with access to them.

ETA: looking into getting a big freezer so I can bulk cook. Atm I make my own bread, pasta, sauces, etc. We have a herb box (not allowed plant in the garden) and are starting a veggie box.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (20-02-2017)