+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Anti-vax sibling

By the time our second child came around this 6 week-wrapping-them-in-cotton wool completely went out the window.

Life had to go on. Dd1 needed to be fed/entertained. No way could I shut her up in the house for 6 weeks- 6 months just seems so laughable. And all kinds of kids and relos helped themselves to dd2- particularly dd1!! And I was grateful for the help!

I think it's great that people care so much about their precious little bundles but it's clearly the first and by the time your second comes you just need to let some things go.

FTR I never asked anyone if they were vaccinated. Never crossed my mind actually. Bad mum 😊
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 11-02-2017 at 15:35.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (12-02-2017),Full House  (11-02-2017),softshellcrab  (11-02-2017),SSecret Squirrel  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Pfft. By the time my third baby came along I had a 4 and 2 year old who still attended daycare 2 days week and I needed to get out of the house on the other days for my own sanity.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think both views are in the extreme. Anti-vaxers at one end & extended cocooning at the other.

Deaths from WC are incredibly rare, but it's a risk assessment you need to make.

But surely a car ride would put your family at infinitely greater risk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeahYeah View Post
    I think both views are in the extreme. Anti-vaxers at one end & extended cocooning at the other.

Deaths from WC are incredibly rare, but it's a risk assessment you need to make.

But surely a car ride would put your family at infinitely greater risk?
    I don't think you can compare anti vaxers to people that want to take a few precautions to protect their newborn.

You can't control a car accident but you can control if anti vaxers come into your home if you don't want them to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    I don't think you can compare anti vaxers to people that want to take a few precautions to protect their newborn.

You can't control a car accident but you can control if anti vaxers come into your home if you don't want them to.
    What I meant was both views are extreme. But they're not directly equal.

They are comparable from the perspective they both go beyond medical advice & come from a sense of paranoia though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    By the time my third came along I had picked a coffin for my daughter and accompanied her little body to the crematorium. There is no way in hell I was accepting visits from those too selfish to protect the most vulnerable in our community. I made it very clear people were to have been vaxxed at least two weeks before coming near my baby and obviously didn't let randoms anywhere near him.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-02-2017),Gentoo  (11-02-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (11-02-2017),YeahYeahYeah  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    By the time my third came along I had picked a coffin for my daughter and accompanied her little body to the crematorium. There is no way in hell I was accepting visits from those too selfish to protect the most vulnerable in our community. I made it very clear people were to have been vaxxed at least two weeks before coming near my baby and obviously didn't let randoms anywhere near him.
    My post wasn't about people who don't vax. I was simply pointing out that it's much harder to quarantine yourself when you've got other children. It was about having to get on with life and do daycare drop offs for my other kids where there were plenty of snotty kids and take my active toddlers to the park or go and grab a few groceries. I don't have any help or anyone who could look after my new baby so *my* life had to go on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm so sorry, thank you for sharing that. It really puts things in perspective; for me anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry. Words can't describe what you must have been through. I can't imagine. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    So so sorry @Tainted. I hope your family is doing well these days.