ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 94 of 108 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So trump's choice for education secretary is somebody who wants to privatize the public system...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    So trump's choice for education secretary is somebody who wants to privatize the public system...
    Because privatising stuff's worked so well in the past.

The first thing that came into my head with that is a Simpsons episode (can't remember which one but it was one of the seeing the future ones) that had a classroom where they're all watching a television screen and it had on it "4th Grade, brought to you by Pepsi."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't get this. There are private schools to choose from. Why would you want to have every school as private?

Oh I know - you don't want those people who cannot afford to send their kids to private school to not get an education. Cause they are probably all illegal immigrants or something anyway.

At least he has decided at this time he is not throwing Hillary into jail.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I don't get this. There are private schools to choose from. Why would you want to have every school as private?
    It's the belief that the private sector can run everything more efficiently because of increased competition - yanno, capitalism is the solution to everything . Most likely the model would be that the government would put a tender out for organisations to respond on how they can provide the school. The winning tender would be responsible for provision of a school. It's this sort of mindset that runs healthcare in the US. Blegh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default U.S. Election

Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post

Oh I know - you don't want those people who cannot afford to send their kids to private school to not get an education. Cause they are probably all illegal immigrants or something anyway.

At least he has decided at this time he is not throwing Hillary into jail.
    The new education secretary believes in 'school choice' so allowing kids to pick if they want to go private or public and giving them vouchers to pay for the private and then federal funding goes to that school, so if a kid picks public, funding for that kid goes public if they choose private, funding goes to the private school, basically making herself more rich and giving even less money to public schools. I'll find a good article i just read on her ideology.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is probably the only time I'll agree with stein. Even if it doesn't change the result, challenging our voting system needs to happen.

'BREAKING: Jill Stein just called, Green Party is filing for recount in #Michigan, #Wisconsin and #Pennsylvania. A tiny 50,000 vote shift will un-Trump the Electoral College.

Jill Stein just called to say that I am the first one to be informed that the Green Party is formally petitioning for a recount in 3 states: Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Trump’s margin is less than 11,600 in Michigan, 27,200 in Wisconsin, and 68,000 in Pennsylvania. If just a few thousand votes are found in Wisconsin and Michigan, Hillary Clinton becomes president by 276 electoral votes verses 264 for Trump

Stein told me, “We’re filing in Wisconsin Friday because the votes were cast on proven hack-prone machines. This has been a hack-ridden election.” She said that it will be most difficult to recount the machines in Pennsylvania. When asked why the democrats are not bringing this action, Stein told this reporter that, “Democrats do not act to protect the vote even when there is dramatic evidence” of tampering.'

The Green Party told us that Stein will be represented by experienced voting rights attorney’s John Bonifaz (Boston, MA) and Robert Fitrakis (Columbus, OH).

Stein said, “Our voting system is on life support.” The presidential candidate also said, “The Green Party will continue to be the go to advocate for voting rights. That includes fighting vote suppression tactics such as the Interstate Crosscheck system.”

Interstate Crosscheck is the program which wrongly purged hundreds of thousands of minority voters in this election, according to the investigation this reporter did for Rolling Stone Magazine. For more on the theft of the 2016 election visit: thebestdemocracymoneycanbuy.com and gregpalast.com

Stein received 50,700 votes in Michigan, five times Trump’s winning plurality, and 30,980 in Wisconsin, more than Trump’s margin. When asked the "Nader" question, "Isn’t it true that your votes in Wisconsin and Michigan, if they went to Clinton, would have blocked Trump?", Stein answered, "Not at all. Our polls showed that 61% of our voters would have simply sat out the election, and one-third of the remaining voters would have voted Trump." The candidate insisted, "We are the ‘un-spoilers.’"

Stein said she acted when Clinton turned silent because, "Only candidates may formally demand a re-count and we have standing."

#Election2016 #AuditTheVote #AuditTheResult #BDMCB #Crosscheck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (25-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Those sorts of figures show the benefit of preferential voting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This made me laugh
    IMG_1479994817.537155.jpg

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (25-11-2016),gingermillie  (25-11-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (25-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Heaps of interesting articles are coming out about the effect of fake news stories on the election, this article is actually written by one of them:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...age&source=TDB

And then twinklify you'll probably find this interesting and not surprising:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...dd0_story.html

As for me, I'm doing lots of wishful thinking in regards to a recount. Spoke to an American couple when we were in line for Santa this morning, just as shocked and sad as I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heaps of interesting articles are coming out about the effect of fake news stories on the election, this article is actually written by one of them:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...age&source=TDB

And then twinklify you'll probably find this interesting and not surprising:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...dd0_story.html

As for me, I'm doing lots of wishful thinking in regards to a recount. Spoke to an American couple when we were in line for Santa this morning, just as shocked and sad as I am.
    That first article is a bit wow. How easy is it to make s*** up and people to believe it because it is on the internet/tv.

And Russia. They moved some more armed forces in a somewhat aggressive military move. They are loving this.

Will they actually recount? Or is this something that *might* happen?