Closed Thread
Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    VP, I know you have an aversion but if you read what Wikileaks revealed about Hillary, she had to be stopped.
    If you think that sounds crazy, just read them.
    She really wasn't it in for anyone but herself.

Holly & Twinklify,
    I get it.
    Extremes from either sides are disgusting.

I really don't know the people he's appointing, I've never had to pay so much attention to politics before, so I can't foresee how bad it's going to get.
    If you're genuinely worried, I empathise.
    Dont take my hatred for Hillary as apathy for what's happening.

What do you hope would happen from here though?
    Wouldn't it make sense for everyone to calm down and stop the protesting and spewing hatred online? I know you're not responsible for it but some of the stuff I've seen is outrageous.
    I might be clueless when it comes to politics but I know people, I saw this coming either way, but I am really disappointed in how bad it has actually turned out to be.
    Death threats, no matter who they're for or made by, are never acceptable.
    We all saw his young son on stage, could anyone look him in the eye and wish his father dead? Nope.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is if it continues this way, there will be a divide so big there won't be any coming back from it.
    To me that's more worrying than anything else right now, because this is filtering on around the world.

Actually, jees.
    We had a friend go off on one at my DH because he posted a video from the all blacks last week.
    They paid a beautiful tribute to a player who had passed but this friend of ours took it as offensive, yelling that my DH was bordering on being right-winged and how privileged he was to be able to support rugby???
    Wtf?
    Totally not in this guy's character at all so we haven't taken it to heart but
    people are becoming unhinged.

Anyway, not ignoring anyone.
    Way past my bed time here.

Night all. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    VP, I know you have an aversion but if you read what Wikileaks revealed about Hillary, she had to be stopped.
    Look my answer would be the same regardless of whether it would be a baby sleep or political thread. I don't go clicking on weird fringe loopy web sites just in case. Happy to well constructed views from yourself though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default U.S. Election

Holly & Twinklify,
    I get it.

I really don't know the people he's appointing, I've never had to pay so much attention to politics before, so I can't foresee how bad it's going to get.

Wouldn't it make sense for everyone to calm down and stop the protesting and spewing hatred online? I know you're not responsible for it but some of the stuff I've seen is outrageous.
    I might be clueless when it comes to politics but I know people, I saw this coming either way, but I am really disappointed in how bad it has actually turned out to be.
    We all saw his young son on stage, could anyone look him in the eye and wish his father dead? Nope.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is if it continues this way, there will be a divide so big there won't be any coming back from it.
    To me that's more worrying than anything else right now, because this is filtering on around the world.

Actually, jees.
    We had a friend go off on one at my DH because he posted a video from the all blacks last week.
    They paid a beautiful tribute to a player who had passed but this friend of ours took it as offensive, yelling that my DH was bordering on being right-winged and how privileged he was to be able to support rugby???
    Wtf?

Night all. X
    What would I love to see happen? I would love to see the electoral college abolished and for the electors for this is election to withhold their vote for Trump, but I don't see that happening. Hillary won the popular vote by well over 1 million votes so far, that's frustrating for many Americans. The protests...there are thousands of people protesting in many different cities, there have been some incidences of violence but overall they are peaceful protests and I am fine with that, it's one of the things that makes America great, allowing people to protest, and there is so much more to the protests than just not wanting Trump, it's about showing him and the republicans that Americans aren't going to lay down quietly and watch hard fought for rights disappear. I'm proud to see so many people coming together and wish I could attend the Woman's March on Washington.

Trump has been the president-elect for less than two weeks now and already so much is wrong. The conflicts of interest already appearing between his businesses and him holding office, the shocking people he is appointing (way worse than I had imagined!), him dodging the press that are meant to always travel with the president, more and more links regarding Russia being made, the incidences of hate crimes rising from awful people feeling emboldened, the list goes on.

Hillary is gone now Phony, start expending some of the energy you put into her into learning about what is actually happening with Trump. The Washington Post is an awarding winning, credible paper with great investigative journalism, follow them on facebook for an easy insight into what is happening.

ETA: oh, and he's still tweeting!
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 20-11-2016 at 00:47.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And this protest is hilarious. 'I'm protesting you!' (As I hand you my money). That showed you!
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/trum...s-cracking-up/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (20-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Holly & Twinklify,
    I get it.

Actually, jees.
    Wtf?

Night all. X
    I am still waiting to see what will happen over the next few weeks.

But I can confidently say that legal abortion will no lonfer be available federally. At least they plan on letting states decide as some states will so people can travel if needed.

Also same sex marriage will be gone at a federal level.

Obamacare will be gone (that is affordable healthcare for the disadvantaged).

That's only the start of what he will do and that is taking away the rights of people.

I am sure there is a 100 day plan somewhere.

I will note that there is a majority in both upper and lower so it's not the same as the Obama years when it comes to trying to get things through (everything was blocked from a Republican majority in the Senate I believe) so that is why people are unhappy.

I think the protests are fine. They have been peaceful - the shootings occured away from the protests They do protest in Aus but they are never as big as the population is smaller and we tend to do petitions more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, off topic from current thoughts but do you think he is also going to groom his own kids mainly ivanka to run for presidency after him and make her the first women president. I seriously wouldn't put it past him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Ladies, off topic from current thoughts but do you think he is also going to groom his own kids mainly ivanka to run for presidency after him and make her the first women president. I seriously wouldn't put it past him
    Hmmm.. interesting point. We will see but now you mention it...

I also will find it interesting whether there will be conflicts of interests with his business/his children and business. He will need to be very careful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post

I also will find it interesting whether there will be conflicts of interests with his business/his children and business. He will need to be very careful.
    Does he though? Part of the scary thing is that he can do pretty much whatever he wants...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Does he though? Part of the scary thing is that he can do pretty much whatever he wants...
    But are there not laws in place to prevent this? I thought there was?