Closed Thread
Page 77 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    And can I just say, I've raised my kids to be loving and accepting of others. My 12 year old has an avid interest in same sex marriage and LGBTQ issues, and women's rights. Yes, part of it is my influence, and I'm proud of that. She thinks Abbott is an a@sehat (of course never used those words), and she finds Trump offensive as well. Granted she is ready for high school and on a different developmental level that a 7 year old. But I'm proud to have raised children who are this way.

Better than raising them to hate anything and anyone different to themselves.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (10-11-2016),LaDiDah  (11-11-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (10-11-2016),twinklify  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Special breed of dumb if they think they have to right to riot if they didn't even vote.
    So Phony... you wouldn't have voted. Does that mean you have no right to be upset about an outcome?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    You cannot hide it from kids . Like I said my sister lives in NY she has so done for 22yrs and worked in the beauty industry. My niece does not like him at all even though she is 7 she is a very smart child. Kids are exposed to more over there I feel then here. One of besties is a Muslim girl he hates Muslims her nanny is Hispanic and he hates Hispanics and wants to build a wall. My niece speaks fluent Spanish because that is the first language of choice to learn in schools after English. My sister is a sole parent and not by choice so my niece is around a lot of business people on weekends when my sister has to also work to provide for the 2 of them and she likes to engage in all types of conversations
    Yeah, having thought some more about it I suppose it is hard to avoid it over there. I wasn't thinking outside of my own environment. And it's really big thing there too, not like here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    So Phony... you wouldn't have voted. Does that mean you have no right to be upset about an outcome?
    I am worried.
    I would have been worried either way.
    I would NEVER get violent about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So if I'm following this correctly children should be protected from listening to Donald Trump's hate speech because it is scary and traumatising and not suitable for their ears, but this same scary traumatising person is fit to be the President of the United States and 'leader of the free world'

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-11-2016),Busy-Bee  (10-11-2016),Californication  (10-11-2016),JustJaq  (10-11-2016),LaDiDah  (11-11-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (10-11-2016),twinklify  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    But see I don't get this. You don't have time to talk about the wrong doings of Trump and how his offensive views lead to hate speech, including kids who are raised by bigoted parents that may parrot this stuff. But you have time to talk about kids of Demo families parroting?

TBH I'd respect your posts a lot more if you just came out and said you are a Trump supporter. Despite you saying you'd vote for neither, I haven't seen you address a single issue in regards to Trump except to give the cursory 'oh he's no good too'. I'm actually being genuine when I ask you have you heard him speak? Have you heard his policies? bc I can't possibly comprehend how anyone could spend days discussing Clinton's wrong doings but completely gloss over Trump's unless you were a supporter.

Don't get me wrong, while I find his opinions offensive and I think he's completely revolting, you have a right to agree with him. I just wish you would acknowledge you are a Trump supporter.
    Im not a liar, so I'd have to lie to give you what you want out of me.

See, this is part of why he was elected.
    You don't listen.
    Pigeon-hole people into one camp or the other.
    MANY people over there that don't like him but voted for him anyway.
    Just as you expected to happen for Clinton.
    Didnt I hear people in here say, sure you don't have to like her, vote for her anyway.
    Why can't you accept that it end the other way for some people.
    Is rioting the answer?
    What is that going to solve?
    Nothing.
    The result can't be changed and if it keeps going there will be deaths judging by what's on Twitter.

Someone needs to step up and calm things down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Out of the thousands of people protesting there have only been a few instances of violence/civil disobedience. Let's not turn this into something it's not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...y.html?0p19G=c

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    So if I'm following this correctly children should be protected from listening to Donald Trump's hate speech because it is scary and traumatising and not suitable for their ears, but this same scary traumatising person is fit to be the President of the United States and 'leader of the free world'
    No, definitely not getting it right.
    Seems there's another pile up in here again.

I said the children shouldn't be around parents spewing hatred for a candidate so much that the child is having a tantrum when he's elected.
    People really shouldn't bring their kids into it.

I didn't elect Trump.
    Besha posted a really good article earlier, I would imagine that has a LOT to do with it but spin and flying accusations in here has me convinced these riots were inevitable.

Pathetic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    And can I just say, I've raised my kids to be loving and accepting of others. My 12 year old has an avid interest in same sex marriage and LGBTQ issues, and women's rights. Yes, part of it is my influence, and I'm proud of that. She thinks Abbott is an a@sehat (of course never used those words), and she finds Trump offensive as well. Granted she is ready for high school and on a different developmental level that a 7 year old. But I'm proud to have raised children who are this way.

Better than raising them to hate anything and anyone different to themselves.
    Good for you.
    I do the same only there's no politics in my little guy's life.
    Not of the Trump variety anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default U.S. Election

Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Im not a liar, so I'd have to lie to give you what you want out of me.

See, this is part of why he was elected.
    You don't listen.
    Pigeon-hole people into one camp or the other.
    MANY people over there that don't like him but voted for him anyway.
    Just as you expected to happen for Clinton.
    Didnt I hear people in here say, sure you don't have to like her, vote for her anyway.
    Why can't you accept that it end the other way for some people.
    Is rioting the answer?
    What is that going to solve?
    Nothing.
    The result can't be changed and if it keeps going there will be deaths judging by what's on Twitter.

Someone needs to step up and calm things down.
    Where are the riots? Show me. Great to see your misinformation didn't stop with the election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...y.html?0p19G=c
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 10-11-2016 at 20:22.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (10-11-2016)