+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
    My mam had 5 children to two different husbands, what's the limit before it gets classed as a fault and used against you?
    Because Fox News criticises any democrat with that exact sort of background. They go after democrats when a ferocity that is unheard of in Australia and pick on women for their appearance, their children and their choices.

But turn the tables and it's a male republican and it's all fine. That's the point I believe she was making.

Of course it's fine to have different children to different husbands. What's not fine is to crucify one side of politics for things like that when the other side always gets a free pass.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

besha  (21-10-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (21-10-2016),Phony  (21-10-2016),TheGooch  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
    My mam had 5 children to two different husbands, what's the limit before it gets classed as a fault and used against you?
    Of course not. But the point being made is the double standards of what is acceptable for men and women. And I agree if Clinton had the same background as Trump she wouldn't have even been chosen for the party let alone elected

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (21-10-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (21-10-2016),Phony  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hillary Clinton is one of the most qualified candidates we have ever had, I'm pretty over the constant rumors and misinformation going around about her this election.

Trump will not win, I admit I do worry because Brexit happened and I didn't think it would but his campaign is imploding as we speak and he is continually dropping in the polls.

I have already posted my ballot for Hillary.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (21-10-2016),smallpotatoes  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I don't like either of them.
    Trump for his ignorance, foulness and general stupidity.
    Hillary for so very many reasons.

I don't believe the US want a female president- not yet anyway and certainly not a former President's wife!
    But I cannot honestly believe they want Trump... but hey they voted Bush in.
    And you voted Abbott in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I find Clinton to be insincere, patronising, and hypocritical.

Also because she used her money and power to defeat bernie, and he was literally the only hope USA had of real positive change. If she was truly altruistic, she would have stepped down and supported him.
    Bernie would have never beat Trump. America's not ready for such a Social President and his candidacy would have seen a loss. The only way to see some of his policies move forward is for Clinton to be elected and work with him, which is the plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Right, OK I get that.
    But I don't think an argument that starts with 'if Hillary was a man' actually goes anywhere.
    If we want equality those kind of conversations don't help our fight.
    I don't want to derail this thread with that though but I will say that that is another thing I don't like about Hillary, she uses women.
    She's relying on their vote just BECAUSE she is a woman.
    And she's clever, there are a lot of women doing just that.
    They don't have to think too hard about it.
    Voting day sorted.

I'm sounding like Trump supporter - I'm not.
    He's an absolute pig! And I would HATE to have to vote for wither one.
    BUT, no one seems to be taking a seriously close look at her, they just won't vote Trump and that's enough.

Has anyone watched the footage of her hearing in court with Trey Gowdy?
    Honestly, the woman has zero humility.
    She's being investigated for mishandling classified information yet she manages to look at him like he's a piece of sh!t on her shoe.
    At times not even looking him in the eye when he's talking to her.
    She really thinks she is above questioning.

Yes she is much more polished on stage and in public, she's had a lot of experience, but to me that just makes her a better liar than Trump.
    She will most likely win, and if she does I hope my gut is really, really wrong about her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I think the main difference between Bernie and Hillary is that Hillary has a lot of powerful (conservative) lobby groups supporting her, so her hands will definitely be tied when she wins presidency when it comes to issues like universal health care. Whereas Bernie wasn't so easily bought off.

ETA - and Hillary aiming for presidency is part of my point.. She has her eyes on the prize. Typical of a lot of Americans and politicians in general, they care about #1, themselves. Their interests.
    Where are you getting that she has conservative lobby groups supporting her? She has said she's not repealing the Affordable Care Act but will hopefully fix the many problems it has. America isn't ready for a universal system yet, we need to get the Affordable Care Act working first and then move from there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default U.S. Election

Right, OK I get that.
    But I don't think an argument that starts with 'if Hillary was a man' actually goes anywhere.
    If we want equality those kind of conversations don't help our fight.
    I don't want to derail this thread with that though but I will say that that is another thing I don't like about Hillary, she uses women.
    She's relying on their vote just BECAUSE she is a woman.
    And she's clever, there are a lot of women doing just that.
    They don't have to think too hard about it.
    Voting day sorted.

I'm sounding like Trump supporter - I'm not.
    He's an absolute pig! And I would HATE to have to vote for wither one.
    BUT, no one seems to be taking a seriously close look at her, they just won't vote Trump and that's enough.

Has anyone watched the footage of her hearing in court with Trey Gowdy?
    Honestly, the woman has zero humility.
    She's being investigated for mishandling classified information yet she manages to look at him like he's a piece of sh!t on her shoe.
    At times not even looking him in the eye when he's talking to her.
    She really thinks she is above questioning.

Yes she is much more polished on stage and in public, she's had a lot of experience, but to me that just makes her a better liar than Trump.
    She will most likely win, and if she does I hope my gut is really, really wrong about her.
    I'm over the whole argument that we as women are voting for her just because she's a woman, like we don't have enough brains in our head to determine she is one of the most qualified candidates the US has ever had. That we currently have one of the most unqualified people running as her opponent and not only that, but he has chosen as his Vice President one of the most anti-women and gays' rights politicians currently in America.

She's been investigated numerous times, by REPUBLICANS (the other party)! And they've found nothing to charge her with.

I'm voting for her because of her qualifications. Because she will continue to build on the Affordable Care Act, because she will allow gay marriage to stay legal, because she will fight for women's rights and not allow what happened to me when I lost our baby become some more political rhetoric and illegal. Because she will fight for more gun control. Because she believes in a path to citizenship and so much more. Not just because she's a woman. And if you speak to many American women you would learn that many of us have similar reasons.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 21-10-2016 at 17:35.

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (22-10-2016),atomicmama  (21-10-2016),babyno1onboard  (21-10-2016),Cue  (22-10-2016),delirium  (21-10-2016),ICanDream  (21-10-2016),LaDiDah  (24-10-2016),michellead  (22-10-2016),Mokeybear  (21-10-2016),smallpotatoes  (21-10-2016),Sonja  (21-10-2016),witherwings  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I also think deifying Bernie is unfair. From my understand he wasn't a long time member of the democrat party but joined them late to get the financial backing and support general he couldn't garner as an independent. Of course long time democrats were going to support Hillary over him. He lost and people need to move on.

I wouldn't vote for trump if he was the last man standing in the world. I wouldn't vote him president of a p&c. He is corrupt, mean, stupid and offensive of so many levels it defies logic.

I wouldn't vote for Hillary because she's a woman. But I would vote for anyone but Trump because I am a woman.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (21-10-2016),TheGooch  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I'm over the whole argument that we as women are voting for her just because she's a woman, like we don't have enough brains in our head to determine she is one of the most qualified candidates the US has ever had. That we currently have one of the most unqualified people running as her opponent and not only that, but he has chosen as his Vice President one of the most anti-women's rights politicians currently in America.

She's been investigated numerous times, by REPUBLICANS (the other party)! And they've found nothing to charge her with.

I'm voting for her because of her qualifications. Because she will continue to build on the Affordable Care Act, because she will allow gay marriage to stay legal, because she will fight for women's rights and not allow what happened to me when I lost our baby become some more political rhetoric and illegal. Because she will fight for more gun control. Because she believes in a path to citizenship and so much more. Not just because she's a woman. And if you speak to many American women you would learn that many of us have similar reasons.
    Yes, I agree, smart women.
    But not everybody out there with a vote will look far beyond that fact though.
    Just like a lot of men will vote for Trump because it's 'anybody but Hillary'.
    Some people are just not as invested or interested much further than voting the opposite of what they don't want.
    Trump is relying on this as much as she is.