ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 39 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 1075
  1. #381
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,351
    Thanks
    5,339
    Thanked
    5,128
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default U.S. Election

    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    This is my view (total conspiracy theory here).

    Russian hackers/Wikileaks try and ensure Trump win because:

    *Brexit means the UK/Europe are a distracted
    *Unrest in the middle east means refugees which also distracts those in the EU/UK
    *America is on the back foot including possibly Trump as president
    *Russia has troops just hanging around the Baltics. Just hanging....

    Russia is pretty much ready and raring to do whatever they want (I assume they would want to try and occupy the countries that used to be part of Russia) and since everyone is so darned occupied with **** then it will be too late.

    So yes, Russia wants either Trump to win (pushovwr) or for America to have some form of 'unrest' if Hillary wins.

    So you still think Wikileaks does not have a bias? Only wants the truth? Maybe it started that way but it certainly is not like that now.
    I personally don't really know what I think Russia is trying to do but just find it really disturbing that they are very obviously trying to manipulate the election and I feel we should all have a major problem with that and the site helping them do it. If Wikileaks was putting just as much effort into 'exposing' trump, whom let's be honest, I'm sure has plenty to expose, then I would put more stock in them. But I'm not going to let myself be manipulated into voting a particular way. Russia obviously sees a benefit in having trump as president.

  2. #382
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,957
    Thanks
    1,077
    Thanked
    3,994
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I personally don't really know what I think Russia is trying to do but just find it really disturbing that they are very obviously trying to manipulate the election and I feel we should all have a major problem with that and the site helping them do it. If Wikileaks was putting just as much effort into 'exposing' trump, whom let's be honest, I'm sure has plenty to expose, then I would put more stock in them. But I'm not going to let myself be manipulated into voting a particular way. Russia obviously sees a benefit in having trump as president.
    I have a huge bias in my opinion of Russia so take what I say with a grain of salt. My whole family is from Poland and Russian occupation is something that they remember and it is something that I have heard stories about (my parents did not say too much when we were kids but we heard enough to know it was not necessarily pleasant).

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (07-11-2016)

  4. #383
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,486
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,007
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm just incredibly sad that we find ourselves 24 hours out from an election where this ----head has a real chance. And I'm pretty much angry at both republicans and democrats for that.

    Even if trump loses she is so distrusted and disliked after all this cr@p governing will be hell.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (07-11-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (07-11-2016),Mokeybear  (07-11-2016)

  6. #384
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,351
    Thanks
    5,339
    Thanked
    5,128
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    LaDiDah  (07-11-2016)

  8. #385
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,351
    Thanks
    5,339
    Thanked
    5,128
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I'm just incredibly sad that we find ourselves 24 hours out from an election where this ----head has a real chance. And I'm pretty much angry at both republicans and democrats for that.

    Even if trump loses she is so distrusted and disliked after all this cr@p governing will be hell.
    What do you think the democrats could have done to change the republican climate that produced trump?

  9. #386
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,486
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,007
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    What do you think the democrats could have done to change the republican climate that produced trump?
    I still think Hillary is too divisive and she's not a "good candidate" for that reason. I've been listening to a lot of interviews on abc radio with people involved in the Bill Clinton years trying to explain why she's so disliked. It shouldn't have come as a surprise and I don't think it can be written off as it's because she's a woman.

    Im sure I sound like I'm contradictory but I still like her and think she'd be a great president. But appreciating she was always going to be a difficult sell to the American public as I do now I'm angry the alternative is so reprehensible but actually considered a viable alternative to people who just hate Hillary.

    And I do think many will vote for trump.

  10. #387
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,066
    Thanks
    6,578
    Thanked
    5,583
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dumb question - what's the time difference? I know Election Day is the 8th. But is that our Wednesday? And how long does the voting/counting take? Will we find out that day, or after a few more?

  11. #388
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,486
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,007
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Dumb question - what's the time difference? I know Election Day is the 8th. But is that our Wednesday? And how long does the voting/counting take? Will we find out that day, or after a few more?
    Unless it's controversial pretty quickly. Because of the way it's based on college votes it doesn't take too long. Only a day later I think? They vote Tuesday and start counting the next day. It's pretty quick.

    Is that your view holly?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    Californication  (07-11-2016)

  13. #389
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,351
    Thanks
    5,339
    Thanked
    5,128
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Dumb question - what's the time difference? I know Election Day is the 8th. But is that our Wednesday? And how long does the voting/counting take? Will we find out that day, or after a few more?
    Yes your Wednesday, California hasn't even woken up to Monday morning. I think the time difference in the winter is 19 hours from California, that may be summer, can't remember. Unless the results are close they usually know who won before California even finishes voting--which is annoying being Californian as you kinda feel like your vote doesn't matter.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    Californication  (08-11-2016)

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,351
    Thanks
    5,339
    Thanked
    5,128
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I still think Hillary is too divisive and she's not a "good candidate" for that reason. I've been listening to a lot of interviews on abc radio with people involved in the Bill Clinton years trying to explain why she's so disliked. It shouldn't have come as a surprise and I don't think it can be written off as it's because she's a woman.

    Im sure I sound like I'm contradictory but I still like her and think she'd be a great president. But appreciating she was always going to be a difficult sell to the American public as I do now I'm angry the alternative is so reprehensible but actually considered a viable alternative to people who just hate Hillary.

    And I do think many will vote for trump.
    I keep seeing you refer to the thought that 'they' shouldn't have let her be the candidate. This isn't like in Australia where the party leaders choose who will be the leader of the party and then that person is put forward as the candidate for prime minister, with the belief that you are voting for a particular party to be in power rather than just the prime minister (although I personally believe that many vote for the actual prime minister, not just the party). Anybody can run for president and we vote for who we feel will be best. For those of us 'regular citizens' registered to a specific party, we can vote between the candidates that are running for that party. The only people who 'put' Hillary there are the democratic voters. Just as the republican voters put Trump there. You could argue that many influential democrats shouldn't have endorsed her to lessen her chances, but the same could be said for Trump. Bernie couldn't beat Trump no matter how much everyone liked him, he was too far left and should have run as an independent. Nobody else ran against her. Biden would've been a good option, but he vocally said that he didn't want it. Regardless, most Americans have assumed/known that Hillary would run in 2016, I highly doubt any of us were surprised, and she still won the majority vote. The issue is more what has been happening within the Republican Party the past several years that keeps giving way to these fringe groups and what they need to do to rebuild their party so that people trust them as a whole more.

    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-trump/482004/

    http://www.nbcnews.com/specials/dona.../trump-history


 

Similar Threads

  1. Election 2016
    By VicPark in forum General Election Discussion
    Replies: 627
    Last Post: 17-07-2016, 09:40
  2. 2016 Election thread
    By atomicmama in forum General Election Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-05-2016, 09:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
LCF Fun Languages AustraliaFrench, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian & German lessons for children 0 - 12 years. Play-based and immersion language ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT