+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I find Clinton to be insincere, patronising, and hypocritical.

Also because she used her money and power to defeat bernie, and he was literally the only hope USA had of real positive change. If she was truly altruistic, she would have stepped down and supported him.
    it's politics. why on earth would she, or should she, be altruistic?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default U.S. Election

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy68 View Post
    Bernie would have been amazing, but there was no way Hillary was going to step aside. She has been aiming for presidency for a long time.
    I don't think Bernie would've been able to influence as much change as his supporters hoped. Just as Trump won't be able to if he gets in and Obama couldn't when he got in
    I think the main difference between Bernie and Hillary is that Hillary has a lot of powerful (conservative) lobby groups supporting her, so her hands will definitely be tied when she wins presidency when it comes to issues like universal health care. Whereas Bernie wasn't so easily bought off.

ETA - and Hillary aiming for presidency is part of my point.. She has her eyes on the prize. Typical of a lot of Americans and politicians in general, they care about #1, themselves. Their interests.
    Last edited by witherwings; 21-10-2016 at 13:23.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Marshy68  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hillary is a slippery SNAKE!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    it's politics. why on earth would she, or should she, be altruistic?
    Why indeed..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I was/am a fan of Bernie but wonder whether he was too 'nice' and would've been totally run over by Trump.
    He probably would be better at keeping a poker face whenever trump came out with something stupid, rather than smirk in that slimey way that Hillary did during the debates. She's just so pretentious! I know that trump says ridiculous things, but if you're going to be the president of the United States, you should at least keep a straight face.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I wouldn't say she is a "strong" supporter of Israel. She's been Secretary of State within Obama's administration for years, and I haven't seen any significant foreign policy changes in favour of Israel. In fact, just recently UNESCO voted to deny Jewish historical ties to the Temple Mount. USA (as far as I know) haven't come out and condemned this, despite the decision being absolutely disgraceful.

But let's say she IS a strong supporter of Israel, how exactly will that create instability (or more instability?). Israel is not the state in the Middle East creating instability. It's ISIS, Iran, Syria, Turkey..
    Let's agree to disagree, we both have strong but opposing views on these issues. Not really the point of this thread. I was simply saying why I don't like her and what my views are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I can't fathom how not only someone with such vile vitriol, behaviours and beliefs could get this far to being President. But also how a business man with billions who had his own reality show can be taken seriously to govern the most powerful nation in the world

To me he is a rich Pauline Hansen, so he not only garners the bigoted bogan vote (or should I say red neck), but also the wealthy right wing 'let them eat cake' type people as well.

I'm actually genuinely concerned what this means for the US and the world if he gets in. We may have had some shocker pollies in Australia, like Abbott or even Latham, but at least they are actually politicians with political science/financial type quals. A dude who may be a billionaire but has gone bankrupt 3 times with his own reality show where he yells at everyone somehow isn't my idea of qualifications.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think he's a reflection of the people, how unsatisfied they are with the current government.
    It's not so much Trump they've voting for, it's the policies of the Republicans.
    It's presented as a popularity contest and honestly, neither one of them are popular, but people are so fed up with the Democrats that they want change.
    He's promising change, Hillary is promising more of the same.

Anyway, either way it's not somewhere I'd want to be traveling to after the elections.
    I tried my hardest to talk my family out of taking a trip to Florida next year.
    Luckily they had to cancel their plans for other reasons and now they're glad for it.

Very unstable times.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    In corner number 1 there is a business entrepreneur who although has been successful at real estate and a string of failed businesses (4 of which have filed for bankruptcy). He inherited millions and as it turns out if he had invested that money in low-risk bonds would have made more money than is business endeavours. He has not held a single public office or worked in any similar such role. He dismisses facts that don't favour his opinions and has repeatedly made statements that would strongly suggest he is a misogynist, racist, homophobe and anti any population that isn't white, male, christian and in the upper socio-economic bracket. He has repeatedly shown he has very little understanding of the law or the divisions and scope of the political/governing bodies of the US.

In the other corner there is a the most qualified and experienced person to ever run for the US presidency.

And we're expected to give each candidate equal respect and regard for the role.

If Clinton went on stage with her 5 children to 3 different husbands, mocked a disabled person, made wildly ridiculous statements devoid of fact, had a history of groping blokes, had a recording of her saying that she could be dating a 10 year old boy in 10 years, I wonder if she would still be in race?

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (21-10-2016),Californication  (22-10-2016),delirium  (21-10-2016),LaDiDah  (24-10-2016),TheGooch  (21-10-2016),Waggers70  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    If Clinton went on stage with her 5 children to 3 different husbands
    Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
    My mam had 5 children to two different husbands, what's the limit before it gets classed as a fault and used against you?