ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Obama broke his silence on the FBI's handling of the new emails today, previous comments were from his press secretary.

“I do think that there is a norm that when there are investigations we don't operate on innuendo, and we don't operate on incomplete information, and we don't operate on leaks,” Obama said in the interview with NowThis News, which was filmed Tuesday. “We operate based on concrete decisions that are made. When this was investigated thoroughly last time, the conclusion of the FBI, the conclusion of the Justice Department, the conclusion of repeated congressional investigations, was she had made some mistakes but that there wasn't anything there that was prosecutable.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ndo/?tid=sm_fb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I heard One of the Clinton's made a donation to the Lewinsky foundation
    Normally I would make a joke but I just can't with him.
    He's one sick puppy!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I found this article on my FB feed this morning, I'm not sure how comprehensive it is, I'm sure the list is actually longer. (link) I've summarised below...
    Here's A List Of All The Science That Donald Trump Denies

Climate Change
    Several decades ago, the Republican Party that he is now the de facto leader of was quite pro-science. However, spurred on by its support of the fossil fuel energy industry, it rapidly shifted into a political organization that considers climate change nothing more than lies fabricated by conspiring scientists and environmental zealots.
    Of course, this is a ridiculous line to take, but Trump has embraced it wholeheartedly. He considered man-made climate change a conspiracy long before his election campaign began, infamously espousing that it was a hoax conjured up by the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive.

Environment
    When asked which government departments he would eliminate to save money, he told Fox News: “Oh absolutely. The Department of Environmental, I mean the DEP is killing us… environmentally. It’s just killing our businesses.”
    As pointed out by Stephen Colbert, the DEP doesn’t exist, and even if it did, the P in that acronym doesn’t actually stand for anything. Presumably, Trump was referring to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which aims to conserve the natural world, keep water and air quality high, and to protect human health – clearly, things that Trump doesn’t care about.

Vaccinations
    The Donald also seems to firmly believe that vaccines cause autism. This is a thoroughly debunked idea that gained steam thanks to the unscrupulous Andrew Wakefield, who published a paper in the Lancet falsely linking the condition with the MMR jab, and Trump seems to use his own anecdotal evidence to corroborate this viewpoint.
    “People that work for me, just the other day, two years old, beautiful child went to have the vaccine and came back and a week later, got a tremendous fever, got very, very sick, now is autistic,” Trump told a televised Republican debate last September.

Sleep
    Trump has proudly declared multiple times that he doesn’t need much sleep at all. “You know, I’m not a big sleeper,” Trump said last November. “I like three hours, four hours, I toss, I turn, I beep-de-beep, I want to find out what’s going on.”
    Research has shown that this little sleep reduces a person’s ability to think rationally, to control their emotions, and to even distinguish between moral and immoral choices. Their long-term memory is severely hampered. One study shows that around 18 hours without sleep impairs your cognitive functioning so much that you might as well be inebriated.
    So if Trump genuinely only sleeps for three hours a night, then he’ll essentially be constantly drunk as he makes world-changing decisions in the White House. Drunk Trump, with his finger on the nuclear button – “mortifying” doesn’t even come close.

Space
    Remarkably, Trump doesn’t think the Earth is flat, or that the Moon landings didn’t happen. However, he doesn’t seem that keen on NASA’s attempts to conquer the stars, even if he did refer to NASA as “wonderful” in a recent Reddit AMA.
    Last November, a 10-year-old-boy asked Trump what he thought of NASA. “Space is terrific, space is terrific,” he said, impersonating an echo chamber. “Right now, we have bigger problems – you understand that? We've got to fix our potholes. You know, we don't exactly have a lot of money.”

The US is the wealthiest country in the world, with a GDP of $17.9 trillion, nearly twice that of second-place China’s. Since about 2009, its economy has gone from strength to strength, and a part of that is thanks to NASA. The venerable space agency makes $10 for every dollar spent on it.

So funding NASA doesn’t just help us explore the universe – it boosts the economy. Currently, the federal budget for NASA is 0.4 percent of the total. Defense, on the other hand, makes up 12.6 percent of the total, which means that it could pay for 29 NASAs.

I maintain the position that if you deny science then you should be denied the benefits of science such as medicines, electricity, engineering etc. The thought that a person so willfully ignorant may hold so much power is frightening.

But Clinton used a personal server for her emails...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (03-11-2016),LaDiDah  (04-11-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (03-11-2016),Mokeybear  (03-11-2016),shymmie  (03-11-2016),witherwings  (05-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...sta-heads-hil/

How can they allow Peter Kadzik to investigate the Clinton emails/Clinton Foundation/John Podesta when he's directly involved?
    Last edited by Phony; 03-11-2016 at 08:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh Lordy. Just got an 'article' shared on FB that Obama and Clinton founded ISIS.

*sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default U.S. Election

Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...sta-heads-hil/

How can they allow Peter Kadzik to investigate the Clinton emails/Clinton Foundation/John Podesta when he's directly involved?
    Did you read this last sentence?

'A Justice Department spokesman said that Mr. Kadzik is not directly overseeing the investigation and that his job is to respond to inquiries from Congress.'

ETA: I would also takes The Washington Times with a grain of salt.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Washington_Times
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 03-11-2016 at 16:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Oh Lordy. Just got an 'article' shared on FB that Obama and Clinton founded ISIS.

*sigh*
    Sounds like a 'friend' shared that 'article'...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Sounds like a 'friend' shared that 'article'...
    She does not post much (school friend) but it seems to all be tin foil hat kinda stuff that gets shared. And is very anti vax.

And a lot of David Wolfe. God I hate him with a passion.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Californication  (03-11-2016),JustJaq  (03-11-2016),LaDiDah  (04-11-2016),TheGooch  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Phony this just popped up in my newsfeed regarding the fake news story that Michelle Obama had cleared her twitter account of HC

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sean-hann...35.html?ref=gs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    Sleep
    Research has shown that this little sleep reduces a person’s ability to think rationally, to control their emotions, and to even distinguish between moral and immoral choices. Their long-term memory is severely hampered. One study shows that around 18 hours without sleep impairs your cognitive functioning so much that you might as well be inebriated

But Clinton used a personal server for her emails...
    The section on sleep explains so much. Maybe we just need to lock him away so he can get some shut eye and morph into a rational human being.

On the emails, I admit I don't know much about it. But while it wasn't the right thing to do, wouldn't her personal server have been highly protected as a former First Lady, Senator and current Secretary of State?? So therefore safe?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

DT75  (09-11-2016)