Closed Thread
Page 19 of 108 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A friend's recent comment:

'Look, I don't think she's 100% perfect -none of us are. And I don't agree with her on every issue, either. But, she's smart as hell, she studies, she does her homework, she is always prepared, and she has shown time and time again the temperament to lead and has shown grace under fire that is unprecedented at a level I don't think any of us would be able to sustain. Still proudly #ImWithHer'

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (30-10-2016),Busy-Bee  (30-10-2016),Californication  (30-10-2016),LaDiDah  (30-10-2016),Mokeybear  (30-10-2016),Rachi321  (07-11-2016),VicPark  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you expect people to keep an open mind and listen to your side when this ⬇ is your argument,

Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    But they'll put their hands in the air and claim they didn't know any better, say sorry and hope being a female they'll get away with it, you know because women are stupid like that.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (30-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (30-10-2016),JustJaq  (30-10-2016),twinklify  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Anyway there's no point in trying to get any of you to see another side, you just won't.
    Any difference of opinion is not tolerated, obviously.
    I just can't see, that with everything that Both sides have allegedly done, how any woman would gun so hard against Hillary. Why isn't most of your energy pointed to addressing the disgusting way Trump treats women and children (proven by video footage)? Why is seemingly all your energy focused on a few emails that you don't even know then when, what, why, where, who of?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So back to Huma then, she has been caught doing the same thing Clinton was caught doing, forwarding emails from a secure state.gov server to their own unsecured email acc.
    Yet she denied any knowledge of Clinton having any such email account.
    Will it come out that she did know and was herself sending emails from her acc to Clinton's, maybe they were some of the 35,00 deleted emails off Hillary's email acc? Who knows yet.
    Either way, both of them lied. They are both liars.
    But they'll put their hands in the air and claim they didn't know any better, say sorry and hope being a female they'll get away with it, you know because women are stupid like that.

I don't know what to say.
    I left the conversation because of the blind devotion to Clinton.
    I had had a house full of gastro and my stomach couldn't take any more.

Anyway there's no point in trying to get any of you to see another side, you just won't.
    Any difference of opinion is not tolerated, obviously.
    I sincerely hope I'm in the wrong about her, but I won't be convinced in here.
    The passing of time will reveal all, as it always does.
    From what I've read, she didn't deny forwarding emails. It's seems kind of stupid that this was the procedure she followed but apparently Hillary Clinton being the old biddy that she is, doesn't like reading emails on a screen, so she had her assistant (huma) print all the emails for her to read. This is quite typical of that generation, being a bit old school with memos and what not, so it doesn't surprise me. For convenience or whatever other reason that wasn't intended to compromise national security, she often forwarded emails from one account to another in order to print things out. She was using 3 different accounts and yes there were tens of thousands of emails.. It sounds like a lot but I go through around 20,000 work emails a year, and I'm just an accountant.

Not trying to be argumentative but from what I've read, there was no criminal conduct in any of the things that happened regarding Hillary Clintons emails, and if there were, she would have been charged.

Like I said before, I have my reservations about Hillary but I don't doubt for a moment that she's the best person right now to be president (we're doomed if it ends up being trump). And I feel like there's a lot of negative stuff being sensationalised to make her look bad.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (30-10-2016),LaDiDah  (02-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The difference is I didn't insult disabled people in the process.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (30-10-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @Phony, I'm definitely not blindly devoted to Hillary!

Just personally, her misdemeanours honestly don't bother me that much. I have long given up on expecting transparency or honesty from politicians. So I'm pretty meh about the whole emails thing.

But what I do appreciate about her is that she is measured and prepared, she doesn't fly off the handle and make grand statements that she can't take back. She's not ill-tempered (actually I suspect she might be very much so behind closed doors) and impulsive as a result. At least, not in public. I think that's important.

I can cope with a leader who has different values from me, lord knows we've had one in Australia for long enough! I am saddened by many of Trump's proposed policies, and I really hope the American people reject him on this basis.

What I worry about is the danger posed by someone so reckless and impulsive, who reacts with such anger and disdain for others, and who, I would bet everything I have, will ignore his advisers whenever their advice doesn't suit him. The sheer machismo of his 'fighting words', when gentle but firm diplomacy would be a better option.

I also find the behaviour of the Republicans absolutely immature and petty - blocking legislation as a matter of course, threatening to refuse to concede etc are extremely disrespectful to the governance of that nation and the traditions of democracy. It's spitting in the face of the people that they are supposed to represent, blocking progress and change. It's childish.

So for me it's not about devotion, rather it's about revulsion!

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (30-10-2016),BH-KatiesMum  (01-11-2016),binnielici  (30-10-2016),Busy-Bee  (30-10-2016),gingermillie  (30-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (30-10-2016),LaDiDah  (02-11-2016),Mokeybear  (30-10-2016),Phony  (30-10-2016),Sonja  (30-10-2016),VicPark  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The difference is I didn't insult disabled people in the process.
    I insutled them how?
    By making comparison with two human beings?
    Should I exclude them, ignore them like they're not humans?
    Maybe use an able bodied person in comparison to an animal for fear of comments like yours making assumptions and taking offence at nothing?
    Get a grip.
    PC gone mad and coming from you is just a bit rich tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politi...gation-sot.cnn

When Donald suggests the FBI are corrupt, everyone goes nuts!
    But Clinton here is suggesting Comey's timing is strange and unprecedented, is she also suggesting corruption?

BTW, isn't it awful easy for her to demand Comey tell the world what was in those emails, knowing very well he can't while they're under investigation, then urges people to vote early.
    At this point in time, whatever is in those emails doesn't matter, but she definitely knows what they contain.
    How could she not have asked Huma that question?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    @Phony, I'm definitely not blindly devoted to Hillary!

Just personally, her misdemeanours honestly don't bother me that much. I have long given up on expecting transparency or honesty from politicians. So I'm pretty meh about the whole emails thing.

But what I do appreciate about her is that she is measured and prepared, she doesn't fly off the handle and make grand statements that she can't take back. She's not ill-tempered (actually I suspect she might be very much so behind closed doors) and impulsive as a result. At least, not in public. I think that's important.

I can cope with a leader who has different values from me, lord knows we've had one in Australia for long enough! I am saddened by many of Trump's proposed policies, and I really hope the American people reject him on this basis.

What I worry about is the danger posed by someone so reckless and impulsive, who reacts with such anger and disdain for others, and who, I would bet everything I have, will ignore his advisers whenever their advice doesn't suit him. The sheer machismo of his 'fighting words', when gentle but firm diplomacy would be a better option.

I also find the behaviour of the Republicans absolutely immature and petty - blocking legislation as a matter of course, threatening to refuse to concede etc are extremely disrespectful to the governance of that nation and the traditions of democracy. It's spitting in the face of the people that they are supposed to represent, blocking progress and change. It's childish.

So for me it's not about devotion, rather it's about revulsion!

Hi harvs, I appreciate the calm tone of your post. Thank you.

I've never said I supported Trump, I feel the same way about him as you do.
    But I also feel that a lot of people are reading the awful things Trump does and says but she gets a free pass. Lots of people are voting for her on a 'better the devil you know' basis, without really knowing that devil at all.

I didn't come in here with answers.
    It's a mess, obviously, I just think that because her adversary is so vile, that it takes the spotlight off her.