ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What about Mike Pence? He is truly an appalling excuse for a human being.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Really finding this thread super interesting, I have never really followed American politics much but Hillary Clinton just fascinates me, I think she will be a great president, I don't find her untrustworthy at all, she just appears ruthless with her privacy and I can't blame her for that. I also think it was her prerogative to stay with her husband and can't believe she has been so widely condemned and that it still gets thrown in her face, like it was her shame. That woman must be tough to stare down and endure a lot of the muck that gets thrown at her.

I have completely fallen in love with Michelle Obama too, it would be amazing to spend an hour in her company, such a smart, sensible and kind woman.

As for Donald Trump .... I hope he suffers the biggest loosing margin in the history of elections , if ever a bloke needed taking down a peg or 10 it's him, the guys knuckles are literally dragging on the ground, he seems uneducated and repulsive ( shudders)

What does everybody think of Ivanka Trump, I'm undecided, some things I admire in her, others things I wonder if she is just as rotten as her family, she is just a much better speaker and has a more pleasing appearance, either way she seems to be distancing her self from him. Her fathers comments about her physical appearance have just been sickening, I can't imagine how she really feels about that.

Sorry for the long chatty post, I've just been really following this election and nobody else in my real life is remotely interested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    What about Mike Pence? He is truly an appalling excuse for a human being.
    Don't get me started! I couldn't believe it when Trump picked him, I thought he would go somebody more middle ground to try and appeal to more center republicans and undecided and independent voters and then he picks Pence?! He's obviously trying to appeal to only the far right and thought they were angry enough to get him in, or like somebody else said, he's trying to loose--which I have to admit I've wondered because how can anybody be that bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default U.S. Election

Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Really finding this thread super interesting, I have never really followed American politics much but Hillary Clinton just fascinates me, I think she will be a great president, I don't find her untrustworthy at all, she just appears ruthless with her privacy and I can't blame her for that. I also think it was her prerogative to stay with her husband and can't believe she has been so widely condemned and that it still gets thrown in her face, like it was her shame. That woman must be tough to stare down and endure a lot of the muck that gets thrown at her.

I have completely fallen in love with Michelle Obama too, it would be amazing to spend an hour in her company, such a smart, sensible and kind woman.

As for Donald Trump .... I hope he suffers the biggest loosing margin in the history of elections , if ever a bloke needed taking down a peg or 10 it's him, the guys knuckles are literally dragging on the ground, he seems uneducated and repulsive ( shudders)

What does everybody think of Ivanka Trump, I'm undecided, some things I admire in her, others things I wonder if she is just as rotten as her family, she is just a much better speaker and has a more pleasing appearance, either way she seems to be distancing her self from him. Her fathers comments about her physical appearance have just been sickening, I can't imagine how she really feels about that.

Sorry for the long chatty post, I've just been really following this election and nobody else in my real life is remotely interested
    I used to like Ivanka, or at least not mind her as I probably have never really paid that much attention to her since we've been adults, I was fascinated with her as a teenager because we are the same age...anyways, now I just think that whole family is off and since they've been his biggest supporters and defenders it's hard to believe that they aren't as racist and as out of touch with reality as he is. Tiffany Trump (the daughter I never knew about until a few weeks ago) is probably the only one that may be ok, I say that because of that video of her dodging his kiss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently Tiffany has had a very distant relationship with him ( lucky her!) he openly says that Ivanka is his favourite child ..... who says that publicly?

I bet he rules that family with an iron rod.

I with loose my faith in humanity if this sleazy creep by some miracle gets voted in !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Apparently Tiffany has had a very distant relationship with him ( lucky her!) he openly says that Ivanka is his favourite child ..... who says that publicly?

I bet he rules that family with an iron rod.

I with loose my faith in humanity if this sleazy creep by some miracle gets voted in !!
    Hillary has a double digit lead in the polls right now, CNN reported yesterday that it was 38 to 50% I think? Hopefully they are right! I'm literally on the edge of my seat dying for this election to be over. Most of me is confident he won't win but then another part of me is like 'well you thought Brexit wouldn't happen...'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (28-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Witherwings, I haven't watched her Phoenix speech yet but already know I'll love it . I was actually born in Phoenix and partially raised there so fly back there once a year to visit extended family, it would have been amazing to be there! One of my friends went and listened to Chelsea Clinton's speech in Seattle this past week.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    where on normal free to air tv in Australia can I watch these debates?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    where on normal free to air tv in Australia can I watch these debates?
    I watch them on YouTube

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Hillary has a double digit lead in the polls right now, CNN reported yesterday that it was 38 to 50% I think? Hopefully they are right! I'm literally on the edge of my seat dying for this election to be over. Most of me is confident he won't win but then another part of me is like 'well you thought Brexit wouldn't happen...'
    I know, I know I knowww

I think surely no but yes Brexit, you don't have compulsory voting in America either do you? Lots of people won't even bother to vote. I just hope the vast majority are so outraged by this fruit loop that they march straight to the poll booths.

I loved Hillary joke about the Statue of Liberty I howled with laughter