Closed Thread
Page 13 of 108 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    So she said in the last debate that she would be keen to implement a no-fly-zone over Syria, yet some people say this will be a deliberate act of war and bring on retaliation from Russia.

That's a fairly good reason to be (at the very least) concerned.
    I'm sure a no-fly zone would be a matter of diplomatic negotiations with all involved. It isn't something USA would decide on their own and then implement without Russia agreeing. You would hope anyway! This is what she alluded to in the debate question.

And the no-fly zone i assume would be over civilian areas where there are hospitals and schools and what not.. Although that doesn't stop terrorists using human shields, as the Israel defence force knows all too well..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I'm sure a no-fly zone would be a matter of diplomatic negotiations with all involved. It isn't something USA would decide on their own and then implement without Russia agreeing. You would hope anyway! This is what she alluded to in the debate question.

And the no-fly zone i assume would be over civilian areas where there are hospitals and schools and what not.. Although that doesn't stop terrorists using human shields, as the Israel defence force knows all too well..
    Exactly. She addressed the exact issue of Russia considering it an act of war in her response and said she would negotiate with them and endeavor to make it over civilian areas.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    All I imagine is people giving Trump the Presidency.. Who would want this man child to have the codes to nuclear weapons?

All I can say is don't read the comments in all of George Takei's posts on facebook, cause holy moly, the hate really is strong within that page.
    Never read the comments! It's makes you fear for humanity.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

White Mage  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would love to hear the average American's opinions on Trump Holly. Do the majority think he's a tool and it's the vocal minority that like him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default U.S. Election

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I would love to hear the average American's opinions on Trump Holly. Do the majority think he's a tool and it's the vocal minority that like him?
    Sorry I keep forgetting to respond! There are obviously a lot of Americans that like him or he wouldn't be a candidate but from my perspective a majority of Americans are either for Hillary or undecided/for neither of them (hate trump but don't like Hillary). There are a lot of disenchanted low/middle income people in America right now that have never really recovered from the GFC and feel we need something completely different to help them out and they see Trump as that person as he is completely different from any other politician and they find his 'candidness' refreshing, they also buy into a successful businessman being able to fix everything. Then there are people who are genuinely scared/hate muslims and Mexicans and obviously he's appealing to them. But a majority of Americans are more central right or central left (I'm very left), the international media loves to give more voice to the vocal far right.

All this said, the friend that posted that Trump meme...she's not voting for Hillary because she condones her husband's behavior and has stayed with him through sexual assault allegations. But yet she'll vote for the actual man facing sexual assault allegations (scratches chin). She also believes abortion is murder so I have deleted her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The way trump talked about abortion as being ripping babies out of their mothers wombs at 9 months and allowing them to die, it was sickening. Anyone who hears that and believes that's what abortion is, just shouldn't be allowed to vote.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

DT75  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default U.S. Election

@HollyGolightly81 did you watch Michelle Obama's latest speech in Phoenix AZ? It was so good! Hopefully people will watch it and be inspired to vote. I was thinking about this actually - if going to the polls on Election Day is so hard for people and early voting is allowed, why doesn't everyone do it?

And I actually love Michelle Obama - I wouldn't mind her running for president in the future! Now that would be something! Not that I could vote, hahha! But as a citizen of the world, that would make me happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Sorry I keep forgetting to respond! There are obviously a lot of Americans that like him or he wouldn't be a candidate but from my perspective a majority of Americans are either for Hillary or undecided/for neither of them (hate trump but don't like Hillary). There are a lot of disenchanted low/middle income people in America right now that have never really recovered from the GFC and feel we need something completely different to help them out and they see Trump as that person as he is completely different from any other politician and they find his 'candidness' refreshing, they also buy into a successful businessman being able to fix everything. Then there are people who are genuinely scared/hate muslims and Mexicans and obviously he's appealing to them. But a majority of Americans are more central right or central left (I'm very left), the international media loves to give more voice to the vocal far right.

All this said, the friend that posted that Trump meme...she's not voting for Hillary because she condones her husband's behavior and has stayed with him through sexual assault allegations. But yet she'll vote for the actual man facing sexual assault allegations (scratches chin). She also believes abortion is murder so I have deleted her.
    Do they not believe Obama has done a good job? Trump is for the wealthy, isn't it like the poor voting for Gina Rhinehart if she ran for politics? Or am I over simplifying? It's interesting to hear from an American's mouth.

And I love Michelle Obama. She seems like a strong woman with a soft heart.
    Last edited by delirium; 24-10-2016 at 20:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    The way trump talked about abortion as being ripping babies out of their mothers wombs at 9 months and allowing them to die, it was sickening. Anyone who hears that and believes that's what abortion is, just shouldn't be allowed to vote.
    I'm extremely pro life for my body but pro choice for others, and that is revolting. Especially coming from a man who has NFI what it's like.

Geez he is a disgusting, offensive creature.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (25-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default U.S. Election

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Do they not believe Obama has done a good job? Trump is for the wealthy, isn't it like the poor voting for Gina Rhinehart if she ran for politics? Or am I over simplifying? It's interesting to hear from an American's mouth.

And I love Michelle Obama. She seems like a strong woman with a soft heart.
    Yes, they think he's been awful! I think he's been good and could have been great if he had a congress willing to work with him and be bipartisan rather than constantly holding America hostage. But obama's presidency has shown that there is still a racial divide and some people haven't trusted him based on his name and skin color alone. I think he's done really well for a president that inherited a GFC and two wars but what can you do, people are stubborn. It's amazing as well because the people who would be helped most by more social medicine and programs like what Bernie Sanders put forth are the people that hate it the most. But people get worried about the government 'controlling' too much of their lives, you don't accept handouts, you work hard for what you want and need. I saw somebody mention earlier (maybe it was you?) that they didn't think Obama had done enough on gun control, he has tried but congress keeps shooting down anything he puts forward, so no lack of trying on his part.

And I love Michelle! Definitely the next FLOTUS for president! Although I do wonder if she even wants it, I think she probably doesn't.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 24-10-2016 at 20:58.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (28-10-2016),witherwings  (25-10-2016)