Closed Thread
Page 12 of 108 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Ah Holly, I'm extremely time poor and couldn't link everything that I've come across that has swayed me against her. Sorry.
    I am listening to a lot of the court hearings she has had regarding the deleted emails and coming to my own conclusions about her.
    So much dishonestky, I really can't see how anyone could overlook this about her.

If you like her, that's fine.
    I'm not here to tell anyone what to think.
    Passionately disliking her doesn't mean I'm for Trump but, thankfully, I don't have to vote.
    You don't have to link, just some names would work.

As for her investigations, there have been several and all have concluded that charges shouldn't have been brought. These are Republican or FBI run investigations, still concluding that there are no charges to be brought. I trust in that and those that have come to these conclusions know much more about the evidence and the situation then the media or I will ever know. I'm not going to draw my conclusions from not liking her demeanor in videos, I need to trust the professionals in this. If charges should be brought why have the Republican Congress or FBI not brought any?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (23-10-2016),VicPark  (23-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As far as Hillary's honesty, politifact (a Pulitzer Prize winning site) has found her to be one of the most honest politicians and the most honest out of all of the candidates.

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...llary-clinton/

This Guardian article sums it up
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ramson?0p19G=c

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (23-10-2016),delirium  (24-10-2016),Mokeybear  (23-10-2016),Sonja  (23-10-2016),VicPark  (23-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default U.S. Election

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    As far as Hillary's honesty, politifact (a Pulitzer Prize winning site) has found her to be one of the most honest politicians and the most honest out of all of the candidates.

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...llary-clinton/

This Guardian article sums it up
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ramson?0p19G=c
    I honestly really like her. I think she'll make a really good president. Not a great one but a good solid one.
    @Phony I'm truly interested in your views that she's dishonest based on court transcripts. She was never indicted. Why do you think she's being dishonest? I believe she's private and that her privacy and obsession with it is her undoing as a public figure.

But I really like the conclusions the article Holly posted draws, that namely we hold female politicians to a higher standard of honesty than men.
    Last edited by Sonja; 23-10-2016 at 22:05.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (23-10-2016),VicPark  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default U.S. Election

Does anyone watch the SNL send ups of the debates? The last one was hilarious!! And featured Tom hanks -my fave

https://youtu.be/R2QOdDEaHzA

Link - youtu.be/R2QOdDEaHzA

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (24-10-2016),Mokeybear  (24-10-2016),White Mage  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry for leaving everyone hanging, dealing with gastro here since Friday.

Quick answer, for me there's just too many doubts surrounding her and The Clinton Foundation, who her donors are, her husbands relationship with Epstein (the paedophile).
    Too many what ifs, and add to that her lies about Benghazi and using a private email for over 4 yrs and only owning up to it once she was found out.
    She lied about all of her emails being handed over.
    There's NO WAY a woman who we are being told is THE MOST capable person to run for the presidency could NOT know that.
    She lied about being under sniper fire, she lied about her grandparents being immigrants, it goes on and on.
    There's so much info out there now on her I just don't see how anyone cannot look at these things and wonder?

This ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ attitude from her, like she's above it all, really makes me worry about what she will drag us all into with Russia.

@witherwings, those SNL sketches are hilarious
    I've only caught a little bit of them here and there but the Trump inpersonation is bang on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You should read this interview with Stevens' sister:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...n-for-benghazi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default U.S. Election

Sorry for leaving everyone hanging, dealing with gastro here since Friday.

Quick answer, for me there's just too many doubts surrounding her and The Clinton Foundation, who her donors are, her husbands relationship with Epstein (the paedophile).
    Too many what ifs, and add to that her lies about Benghazi and using a private email for over 4 yrs and only owning up to it once she was found out.
    She lied about all of her emails being handed over.
    There's NO WAY a woman who we are being told is THE MOST capable person to run for the presidency could NOT know that.
    She lied about being under sniper fire, she lied about her grandparents being immigrants, it goes on and on.
    There's so much info out there now on her I just don't see how anyone cannot look at these things and wonder?

This ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ attitude from her, like she's above it all, really makes me worry about what she will drag us all into with Russia.

@witherwings, those SNL sketches are hilarious
    I've only caught a little bit of them here and there but the Trump inpersonation is bang on!
    It's Trump who has a lawsuit currently against him regarding raping a young girl in Epstein's mansion. As far as Clinton, there's not much out there that isn't from a tabloid or blog.

Benghazi, the New Yorker article I posted is great.

Other investigations, there is nobody that wants to charge Hillary on something more than a Republican Congress and they've found nothing.

Russia...Clinton has actually gotten along great with them until this election so I see no reason to worry.

ETA: also, her grandparents (great) were immigrants. Read the guardian link.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 24-10-2016 at 17:27.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So she said in the last debate that she would be keen to implement a no-fly-zone over Syria, yet some people say this will be a deliberate act of war and bring on retaliation from Russia.

That's a fairly good reason to be (at the very least) concerned.

White Mage is online now Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    All I imagine is people giving Trump the Presidency.. Who would want this man child to have the codes to nuclear weapons?

All I can say is don't read the comments in all of George Takei's posts on facebook, cause holy moly, the hate really is strong within that page.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So she said in the last debate that she would be keen to implement a no-fly-zone over Syria, yet some people say this will be a deliberate act of war and bring on retaliation from Russia.

That's a fairly good reason to be (at the very least) concerned.
    Did you listen to her whole response? That she would need to negotiate with Russia before making that decision.