+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default U.S. Election

Who's following it?

Who do you want to be elected?
    Or, like me, are you hoping they drop a bombshell last minute decent contender? I know, I know... it's not going to happen, but wishful thinking never hurt 😅

I'm in a few facebook groups that have a lot of American members, and the general vibe I get is that they're quite scared about the future of their country. I don't blame them.

Are you worried about the impact this will have on Australia, and worldwide?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am scared for the future if Donald Trump gets elected. Seriously.

I don't know a lot about Hilary Clinton, but she's got to be better than Trump!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My sister lives in the US and they all detest trump and they are New Yorkers. No one she knows and knows of is voting for him at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant even imagine how bad things will be if Trump gets elected. Although I have heard that Hilary Clinton isnt all that great either (not sure why) but she has got to be better than Donald!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I can't stand Trump, every time I see him on TV I have to change the channel because everything that comes out of his mouth is garbage. He's an arrogant misogynist and I honestly can't believe he's gotten as far as he has. To me T he thought of him becoming President is akin to someone like Pauline Hanson becoming Prime Minister. If I were an American I would be very worried at the thought of it.

That being said I'm not a supporter of Hillary Clinton either. Though she obviously has more experience and out of the two is the better choice for President, I think she is very shady and says what people want to hear depending on the circumstance. She's a strong Israel supporter which will not be useful to creating any kind of stability or peace in the Middle East (though is that even possible at this point?) . At least if Hillary wins it will finally break that political glass ceiling in America.

I do worry about the implications for Australia because obviously we are Allies and they both seem very trigger happy; I'd hate to see us involved in any more unnecessary international conflicts, that money could be put to much better use here at home. I also worry that if Trump wins it will give people like Pauline Hanson a boost in support here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't like either of them.
    Trump for his ignorance, foulness and general stupidity.
    Hillary for so very many reasons.

I don't believe the US want a female president- not yet anyway and certainly not a former President's wife!
    But I cannot honestly believe they want Trump... but hey they voted Bush in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My understanding is that current numbers put Trump at a very long shot of winning, Hillary pretty much has it in the bag.
    I find it really odd that so many people don't like Hillary but aren't able to articulate why.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marshy68 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (21-10-2016),TreeGirl  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy68 View Post
    My understanding is that current numbers put Trump at a very long shot of winning, Hillary pretty much has it in the bag.
    I find it really odd that so many people don't like Hillary but aren't able to articulate why.
    Oh I can articulate it... I just do not believe that BH needs that many expletives

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Marshy68  (21-10-2016),Phony  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy68 View Post
    Yes I do too! Most of the criticisms I read about Hillary are that she's a liar or that she says what people want to hear etc. Ummm...show me a politician that DOESN'T do that! But besides that, everything that comes out of Trump's mouth has no basis in reality whatsoever, I just don't get how his supporters can berate Hillary for lying but lap up all the sh*t that he dribbles. Guess it comes down to what you want to believe I guess.

To me, she is the far better choice, she has so much experience and is far more qualified for the job. I don't think she's perfect but she's a hell of a lot better than the alternative. Fingers crossed America chooses wisely on the 8th.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Marshy68  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Oh I can articulate it... I just do not believe that BH needs that many expletives
    Haha fair enough. I didn't mean just you, sorry, but it's a trend I've noticed