+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 31 with no known issues, we have male infertility but i'm really afraid i actually have unexplained fertility but because my husband has this condition they just focus on that reason for our infertility. Its always been a dream of mine to have twins, they run in my family and i went to the doctor when i was 15 about the pains i was having and turns out I'm one of those people that gets ovulation pain, kind of good because i always know when i ovulate but anyway sometimes i have ovulation pain on both sides and my doctor said i quite often release 2 eggs so i"ll probably have twins. What clinic did you use that allowed you to transfer 2? Oh i hope we get that far im so worried about my eggs not being good or my body rejecting it as a foreign object

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    If you are only 31 with male factor then I highly doubt any clinic will transfer 2 on your first cycle. In fact any clinic that does offer 2 on your first cycle has questionable ethics to say the least.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (23-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You really should try single transfers first. Multiple pregnancies are very dangerous. Women on here have lost both babies at 20 weeks. Others have been born with disabilities. It's not something to wish for.

I understand over 38 women don't have time to waste with dud embryos and are racing the clock. But at 31 I would give yourself 3-4 single transfers first.

I did transfer 2 once when I was 34 only because one wasn't freezable, and I didn't want to waste it. I ended up with a chem preg. I did another stim cycle and asked about transferring two and the embryologist advised me not to as they were high quality embryos and I would get twins. Listened to her and just transferred one and I'm soooo glad I did! I mentally thank her all the time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (23-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    You really should try single transfers first. Multiple pregnancies are very dangerous. Women on here have lost both babies at 20 weeks. Others have been born with disabilities. It's not something to wish for.

I understand over 38 women don't have time to waste with dud embryos and are racing the clock. But at 31 I would give yourself 3-4 single transfers first.

I did transfer 2 once when I was 34 only because one wasn't freezable, and I didn't want to waste it. I ended up with a chem preg. I did another stim cycle and asked about transferring two and the embryologist advised me not to as they were high quality embryos and I would get twins. Listened to her and just transferred one and I'm soooo glad I did! I mentally thank her all the time.
    I totally agree with this. Transferring one embryo at a time isn't about taking more money from you it about your safety.

It is also worth working out why you aren't getting pregnant, do you have a bad lining, short cycle length, natural killer cells? If you have these issues you could transfer and waste many great embryos.

Our IVF journey has been long and this cycle will be the first we transfer 2. I'm scared but we are done with IVF so want the best chance possible of creating our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ohh i understand now, thank you! I'm definitely happy with just 1

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyWoo13 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Wise Enough  (23-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post

Yep, that was us. Lost one bub at 23 weeks. Also know a lady who lost one after 30 weeks. There's a lady who used to post on this site who had an emergency hysterectomy after c-section delivery of twins. Can be dangerous, yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Yep, that was us. Lost one bub at 23 weeks. Also know a lady who lost one after 30 weeks. There's a lady who used to post on this site who had an emergency hysterectomy after c-section delivery of twins. Can be dangerous, yes.
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (24-10-2016)