ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    @Spazzyp - Oh hun sounds like you suffered a bit with that scratch, glad you took some painkillers. I haven't been awake for any of mine but could imagine it being quite painful. Really hoping you don't have to go through it again xx
    @Phia - Good luck for todays transfer hun hoping you have lots of lovely embies this morning. Good decision putting 2 back I think. Sorry yo hear you have worries and stress at work hopefully your bosses will see how essential you are and you become appreciated. Agreed it's nice to have a safe place to chat where people understand x
    @Maxwellsmum - I think @Tinachris is right hun fb use your past history to target their adds. I get lots from my old clinic and QFG and iften search both of their websites and fb pages. Thanks for your message it was very helpful will reply soon x
    @BlondeinBrisvegas and @Infinity - Thanks girls, enjoying my injection free day although it always feel surreal like I have forgot to do something haha!! Yes BIB lets hope they are ripening nicely I could do with improved quality this time, hoping my diet and exercise has helped that along.
    @Billie2 - I hope you get some clear answers today and you are not left in limbo land hun xx
    @Blossom74 - Hoping you are just a lucky lady who experiences no symptoms hun I know the only symptom I had with DD was peeing a lot. Remember the prednisone will discuise symptoms too x

AFM - Ok I really thinking about all this at the last minute and have left it too late probably with epu tomorrow. I have read lots of information about PGD testing and am having my doubts about using it. One study I have read have shown different labs have found the same embies to be viable when others have considered it unviable. Also there are reports of trisomy issues correcting themselves in early emryos. I plan on ringing the nurses today for support in this decision but can honestly ssy I wouldn't feel confident in discarding embryos after my research so will probably not go ahead with it, feeling very confused ������.
    @Heyside - I have read a lot on this topic including articles that aren't available to non- medical practitioners. My two cents worth is that where your clinic is an experienced and reputable one the likelihood of them getting the result wrong is low, the reports of embryos self correcting doesn't apply to day 5 or 6 tested embryos - they would have self corrected before that point, a lot of the comments about this have been in the context of day 3 tested embryos and testing day 5 or 6 embryos carries a lot less risk of damage to the embryo than testing a day 3 with less cells. I don't consider that testing a day 5 or 6 embryo presents any more risk of damage to the embryo than ICSI itself. ICSI involves injecting a sperm into the egg whereas with PGD the cells are being removed from cells that have already hatched out.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (03-11-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-11-2016),Blossom74  (03-11-2016),winsor  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone ive been mia due to, well... being sick of living in ivf world every minute of the day really. Have just sorta caught up.
    @Billie2 im so sorry :-( i know you expected it but it still hope - crushing. It just sux dogs balls. I dont know how else to put it. I suggest getting drunk (with or without brazillian costume).
    @Heyside hey there my friend, ive been reading lots about pgs too. I second what @greenlady said. The pgd/pgs they used to do on day 3 was less reliable and more risky. Coz on day 3, you're taking a cell from 8 cells, so thats an eighth of the embryo but by day 5 theres a hundred cells and so you're taking a much smaller percentage of the cell mass. I read somewhere its 99% chance emby will be ok. And i think they self correct from day 3-5, so by day 5 results are 90-95% accurate. You could also ask them to freeze the abnormals too if that worries you? Im also thinking that if wazza does pgd/pgs then it must be ok coz wazza wouldnt do or suggest anything bodgy. Im determined to only transfer pgs normal embies from now on even wirh donor embies coz if they dont work then at least i can get more testing on immune/uterus stuff and im not bothering to fly to athens for unknowns. I have been reading about the stats for live births with pgs embies vs non tested embies and decided pgs is the way to go. I guess for me, its also to have no regrets, i.e. if i transfer several pgs normal embies and no bfp then i think I'll know that i tried everything iykwim instead of always wondering if i was just unlucky to never get any euploid embies. (Easier decision though because i hope donor egg n sperm will give enough day 5 blasts to get a couple of normals and hopefully superannuation is paying for pgs testing). Things i read said that even young women, i.e. 20-30 years old with no fertility problems (donors) will have 40% of embies in a cycle abnormal. Its a frucking wonder that the earth is even populated by humans what with all the mongy embies popping out. Although, prob good for the planet and every other living thing on it that humans are so sh-it at multiplying.

Hello to everyone else and i don't usually get the guilts n apologise but i feel a bit crap that peeps have mentioned me and supported me and I kinda opted out for a bit without saying anything. I was just fed up and i kinda couldnt bear to read any more bad news so i stuck me head in the sand for a while. I sooooo dont want to wait till january till im doing something but what can you do? Oh and my boss who i love to death is going to be a grandma, so my workplace - sanctuary is no longer a safe place. Iz all baby talk and comments like "how are you going to wait a whole 6 months till the baby comes?" Bah...6 months! Try 7 years!!! So then i also got the guilts for being upset about it blah blah, you all know how it goes.
    Much love to all xox
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 03-11-2016 at 15:18.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (03-11-2016),Billie2  (03-11-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-11-2016),Blossom74  (03-11-2016),Minniemin  (03-11-2016),winsor  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gorgeous George don't apologise for your absence.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (03-11-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-11-2016),Blossom74  (03-11-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (03-11-2016),Phia  (03-11-2016),winsor  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40's #42

@gorgeousgeorge I'm so sorry to hear that work is now a minefield of baby talk. That's shiiiithouse.

I know how ya feel, a couple of month ago I had three girls in my team all popping, another with twins. Couldn't escape the bumps! I think the worst part about it is the spectrum of experiences when trying to have a baby. Some easy, some so frucking hard it's scream worthy. No one with cancer says "oh it was easy" - nope it's all frucking hard.

But TTC - for those lucky enuff, it's like whoopsy I made a baby. And they don't know how GOOD they got it! Double slap!

No judging here - Do what ya gotta do, Be who you are - you can only be you and people are gonna love you or not. Seems like you're very much cared about, so that be a good thing, GG.

Now onto food. I am addicted to these lentil chips. I'm serious - they are friggin amazing, sorta like prawn chips, in texture I think I've got a problem cuz I've just polished off the whole bag..... IMG_1478154438.988733.jpg

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-11-2016),Blossom74  (03-11-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (03-11-2016),Minniemin  (03-11-2016),winsor  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry for the short post gorgeous george. i was on the phone and lost the whole lot 3 times. arghhh.

i was saying how this IVF thing is hard, trying, ****ful, makes us cry and get cranky. Its a crazy ar$e thing. And its ok to take a break.

Im in a better frame of mind thanks to DH and lots of stalking and reading of these posts. you never know what words your saying may help others immensly. Its the little things that i have read that have helped.

So each and every word someone posts could be very helpful for the next person. As we are all on this crazy road of IVF.

Mysticfalls.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-11-2016),Blossom74  (04-11-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (03-11-2016),Phia  (03-11-2016),winsor  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry @Billie2, this wasn't the outcome I was hoping for you. it's such a rough time. thinking of you

congrats on being PUPO @Phia & I hope your work becomes less stressful soon with your boss' situation

welcome back @gorgeousgeorge

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (03-11-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-11-2016),Blossom74  (04-11-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (03-11-2016),Phia  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 - sorry you got this confirmation. Hope you are ok.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (03-11-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-11-2016),Blossom74  (04-11-2016),Phia  (03-11-2016),winsor  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40's #42

@Heyside I agree with Maxwellmum - do whatever will make you feel best.

I thought it was an easy decision-but changed my mind slightly as I've had three scenarios re embies...

I admit I come from the PGD camp, but given I was faced with an embie that couldn't be tested, it really challenged me.

I've put back untested, a PGD, Ive tried PGD on one and it was not able to be tested, but Ive just put that one in. the choice to PGD was taken out my hands cuz embie hadn't hatched.

I've had BFN on both tested PGD and not tested. I've experienced a m/c at 6 weeks... so now I'm of the view -test yes, but just then all embies get a go back in - even if they didn't get to be tested.

Best of luck for your EPU!
    Last edited by Phia; 03-11-2016 at 18:22.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-11-2016),Blossom74  (04-11-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (03-11-2016),winsor  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy PUPO @Phia !

Thanks to everyone. Especially those that came out of the garden to come see me leave. I think I will be on an emotional rollercoaster for a little bit while it sinks in. But this afternoon I am sooooo fine. I had time to reflect. I threw out all my clinic paperwork, the protocol diary, the pamphlets, the oripro applicators, all my poas sticks with 2 lines, anything I could find. I have 2 bags full of IVF meds, that Id happily pass on.. orgalutran, centrotide, puregon, luveris... And if I get dobbed in by the lurking psycho histrionic personality disorder dobber. I feel good. I know we need to look at the positives for everything, and damned if Im going to let infertility steal 1 single more tear from me. Im free. Im done and I am free of the counting and hoping and praying and crying and my heart feels good.

I cant stay and be active on here as it would hurt my heart. To my lovelies from the hairy taco whorehouse, please please let me know if you succeed or something significant happens that I can lend an ear and offer the opposite of words of wisdom. I have baked some brownies and going to move forward. I have the cricket to keep me happy and it could not have started at a better time.

IMG_1478164209.208390.jpg

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-11-2016),Blossom74  (04-11-2016),Caesardust  (03-11-2016),Charlie74  (03-11-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (03-11-2016),Minniemin  (03-11-2016),Phia  (03-11-2016),skye76  (04-11-2016),Summer  (03-11-2016),winsor  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    Happy PUPO @Phia !

Thanks to everyone. Especially those that came out of the garden to come see me leave. I think I will be on an emotional rollercoaster for a little bit while it sinks in. But this afternoon I am sooooo fine. I had time to reflect. I threw out all my clinic paperwork, the protocol diary, the pamphlets, the oripro applicators, all my poas sticks with 2 lines, anything I could find. I have 2 bags full of IVF meds, that Id happily pass on.. orgalutran, centrotide, puregon, luveris... And if I get dobbed in by the lurking psycho histrionic personality disorder dobber. I feel good. I know we need to look at the positives for everything, and damned if Im going to let infertility steal 1 single more tear from me. Im free. Im done and I am free of the counting and hoping and praying and crying and my heart feels good.

I cant stay and be active on here as it would hurt my heart. To my lovelies from the hairy taco whorehouse, please please let me know if you succeed or something significant happens that I can lend an ear and offer the opposite of words of wisdom. I have baked some brownies and going to move forward. I have the cricket to keep me happy and it could not have started at a better time.

Attachment 85980

Those brownies look delish Luv!!! Wash them down with a nice red I say!!!

I pi$$ed myself laughing at your emoticon and parting words to "The Freak" (maybe we should just call her "Vinegar T!ts" instead hey?? "He used to give me roses..I wish he would again" ) I want that emoticon!!!!

I imagine the grieving process of moving forward from all of this will be an emotional rollercoaster for you Luv and will take time but I'm glad packing things up this afternoon made you feel better in that moment and you have things to look forward to like the GNR concert and your cricket that will be a constant in your life while you're going through this whole BS time

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (03-11-2016),Blossom74  (04-11-2016),skye76  (04-11-2016),winsor  (03-11-2016)