ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 106 of 108 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1074
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    An interesting article! I think more transparency into reporting IVF success rates is so important. Also what doctors tell the patients seems to vary a lot!

The other think that upsets me is the variability in pricing, that is so unfair. Why does my clinic charge $4800 for PGS flat fee, and others $800 per embryo? For low responders (and I imagine most of us doing PGS don't have tons of embies per cycle) it's crazy expensive and surely unjustified? There's no other option for me in Perth though.
    What a rip off!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-11-2016),Blossom74  (16-11-2016),Flower78  (16-11-2016),Minniemin  (15-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    What a rip off!!
    It is a bit isn't it? Like all IVF it's more expensive than it should be. They don't have to justify any of it either.
    @ange1111 yes I see how it's different at each place. I banked two cycles and still only had four to test. I also had to wait three weeks to get it run, but when the test was done the results were back very quickly. I think my clinic don't have the staff to do the volume unlike places like Genea. Anyway I won't be doing PGS again, but it gave me a good answer that my embryos are not abnormal and I'm thankful I know to look at other treatment avenues now.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-11-2016),Blossom74  (16-11-2016),Phia  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got quoted $5,000 to help make the probe for hubbies genetic condition then an extrav$5,000 for the PGD hence we went the sperm donor route.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (16-11-2016),Phia  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    It is a bit isn't it? Like all IVF it's more expensive than it should be. They don't have to justify any of it either.
    @ange1111 yes I see how it's different at each place. I banked two cycles and still only had four to test. I also had to wait three weeks to get it run, but when the test was done the results were back very quickly. I think my clinic don't have the staff to do the volume unlike places like Genea. Anyway I won't be doing PGS again, but it gave me a good answer that my embryos are not abnormal and I'm thankful I know to look at other treatment avenues now.
    I've only ever had one normal PGD embryo out of three stim cycles. The others were either Not tested (2), or not able to be tested (2) and one was tested and came back as abnormal. Also had a natural m/c and it tested abnormal.

So overall- out of 35 eggs collected over three stims - only 1 PGD normal. And it was a BFN.

I've def for an egg quality problem!
    And more than likely immune too!

Ah, sometimes this just sux.

Hello DE town!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-11-2016),Blossom74  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing that information hun as it really helps set my expectations, because I honestly thought that maybe 1 in every ten eggs collected was normal.. I didn't realise it was more like 1 in 35 eggs.. Far out. I just don't understand why it has to be like that.. I understand 40 is old, but it shouldn't be that bloody bad... We are actually not that old in the scheme of things.. It's not like we're 50!!!!

I'm in the same category as you as well.. Double whammy with egg quality AND immune issues.. But I'm not convinced about egg quality yet.. I'm still of the view it's the protocol, but I'll be finding out whether that's the case tomorrow when I've spoken to Dr Sher, which I will share with everyone!
    Unfortunately hon, the sad fact of it is that if you're over 40 the chance of finding a good egg is pretty remote. I think it was @Green lady who had 70 eggs collected and only 1 PGD normal in the lot.

I know you don't feel old. None of us do! But as we get over 40 our egg quality decreases DRAMATICALLY. This is widely accepted and published.

Protocols can affect how many follicles you produce but ultimately it's predominantly our age that determines the quality. Oh, to be 10 years younger....

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (16-11-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-11-2016),Lolly99  (16-11-2016),Minniemin  (16-11-2016),Phia  (16-11-2016),pingc383  (16-11-2016),Tinachris  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Unfortunately hon, the sad fact of it is that if you're over 40 the chance of finding a good egg is pretty remote. I think it was @Green lady who had 70 eggs collected and only 1 PGD normal in the lot.

I know you don't feel old. None of us do! But as we get over 40 our egg quality decreases DRAMATICALLY. This is widely accepted and published.

Protocols can affect how many follicles you produce but ultimately it's predominantly our age that determines the quality. Oh, to be 10 years younger....

Wish I could triple like this @Blossom74
    ...... sadly for some of us women in their mid to late 30s the egg quality is already long gone

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-11-2016),Blossom74  (16-11-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    I've only ever had one normal PGD embryo out of three stim cycles. The others were either Not tested (2), or not able to be tested (2) and one was tested and came back as abnormal. Also had a natural m/c and it tested abnormal.

So overall- out of 35 eggs collected over three stims - only 1 PGD normal. And it was a BFN.

I've def for an egg quality problem!
    And more than likely immune too!

Ah, sometimes this just sux.

Hello DE town!
    That is so difficult for you. After 35 eggs to get the normal embryo and then have a negative cycle. So frustrating! I have only collected 13 eggs over three stims. 8 blastocysts total and two normal, one abnormal (it was slow to reach blast), one unknown. The 4 from my first cycle were untested, DS was normal and not sure of the others.

I had my appointment with Dr Saba today. He suggested a lap and hysteroscopy to do the NK biopsy and exclude endo. I have a lot of bloods to do. As I still make a tiny bit of milk he wants me on a medication to suppress that. Then I will take Pred, aspirin and two lots of intralipids before ET and then three after, adding in Clexane post transfer. Whew!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (16-11-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-11-2016),Blossom74  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good afternoon lovely ladies!
    AF come to town today, so very happy that FET will happen before Christmas. I start on the steroid tablets tomorrow, hoping there won't be side effects?!
    I've been in agony all day, as I strained my back badly at the gym the morning... I've been hard core at the gym this past month knowing I am going to have to stop soon... i think hurting my back is the universe telling me to slow the f down!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spazzyp For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (16-11-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-11-2016),Blossom74  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @pingc383 I agree with @Blossom74 Luv

Unfortunately 40 is a hell of a lot closer to Menopause then when we were 30 was Luv (all things being equal) and that is why our egg quality is sh!t as the closer we start to head toward Peri Menopause/Menopause as we start getting older, the more our egg quality starts to decline as that denotes the end of our baby making days in the natural order of things

It happens to every single woman like I told you over on Wazza's thread. Every single woman has egg quality issues that begins from 35 years old, really starts to take off in her late 30's and hits full throttle from 40 onwards. I know you find this hard to accept, but accept it you must Luv as it's the truth and there's absolutely nothing you can do to change it as you cannot turn the clock back on your ovaries despite how youthful the rest of your body feels.

I agree the correct protocol is important like @Blossom74 has pointed out in recruiting as many follicles as your body is capable of producing as the more follicles and possibly eggs you can get the better as *hopefully* you may be able to find one that is chromosomally normal among them but that's the thing Luv.

Whatever eggs you've got left in your ovaries right now are what they are. If you're bloody lucky you might have some chromosomally normal one's left and then again, you might have none but there's bugger all you can do to change whatever you've got left in there. Then you have to be lucky enough when you do a Cycle that a chromosomally normal one is recruited into a follicle and collected then fertilised with a chromosomally normal sperm etc.

I'm not trying to sound like a "negative hit" here, but I feel you are having issues accepting the truth around egg quality and feel that you think it all comes down to the protocol you use when it doesn't. Protocol is only part of the story Luv. Most of it is egg quality I'm afraid

As for the supplements etc that you take...although they're not going to make a chromosomally abnormal egg normal again, what they can help with are energy for the egg to help keep it going etc as that is also a reason why some embies don't implant. They might be good one's but just lack the energy to keep on going (like batteries running out) which relate to the mitochondria in the egg. This copy and paste explains it well:

Diminished Egg Quality

One way to think of diminished Egg Quality is “The Battery Analogy”. Consider each egg as possessing a number of batteries that provide its energy stores. The batteries are analogs of tiny organelles called mitochondria, which are the energy producers of mammalian cells. As we grow older, the energy-producing capacity of the mitochondria decreases. (This is why older people run slower than young people.) The egg is connected to the circulation prior to ovulation, and it is connected again after embryo implantation. But during the seven days between ovulation and implantation, the egg and the embryo which results from it are contained within the zona pellucida and are dependent on energy coming from the mitochondria which were in the egg at the moment of ovulation (no mitochondrial replication takes place until after implantation). The older egg usually looks normal at the time of ovulation and its initial fertilization and embryonic development remain normal. This is because its energy stores are still adequate. However, it soon runs out of batteries and stops dividing. Implantation is not achieved because the embryo stops dividing before it reaches the implantation stage. We do not yet know how to increase the energy stores to an egg prior to ovulation. When Egg Quality is low, the only therapy that has a proven track record and produces reliable results is egg donation.

Like I said to you on the Wazza thread..that doesn't mean you don't try ok?? We've talked about this over on that thread. In saying all of this I am interested to hear Dr Sher's thoughts about this at your appointment tomorrow. Good Luck!!!xoxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 16-11-2016 at 23:27.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (16-11-2016),Phia  (16-11-2016),Tinachris  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    Wish I could triple like this @Blossom74
    ...... sadly for some of us women in their mid to late 30s the egg quality is already long gone

..so bloody unfair too Luv!!!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (16-11-2016),Minniemin  (16-11-2016),Phia  (16-11-2016),Tinachris  (16-11-2016)