ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You are so welcome. Your little girl will always be part of your family, and including her in your cards is a lovely way to keep her memory alive. Especially at times like Christmas, which must be extra awful for you.

I think waiting a couple of weeks is a good idea. I hope it all goes well for you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hollypolly For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would prefer to be ghosted to be honest. As long as it's not dodgy phone calls or anything. Just easing back till you're not there. Many of my friendships have drifted, maybe I was ghosted, maybe I was the ghostee, maybe we just got busy. As long as it's not in writing I can tell myself it's the last one.

Although I never met Sian she will always be in my thoughts.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

kim85  (20-10-2016),siansmum  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Siansmum, sending you a million hugs. Over the years I have seen your posts and I often think of you and hope you are doing ok.

I think everyone has given some great suggestions on how to deal with the situation, if you are sure that the friendship is over.

May I add a slightly different perspective ? When I was 12 a girl from where I lived was killed in a horse riding accident. While I wasn't close friends with her, we lived in a small country town and were the same age so had played sport and done other activities together. Our parents were friendly and we had been to gatherings at each other's houses. It is now almost 30 years since the accident and I still can't fathom how I am here and she is not. I don't visit my home town much anymore, but over the years I have occasionally run into her mum in the shops. Every time I see her I don't know what to say and feel such guilt about all the milestones I reached and her beautiful daughter did not.

You were obviously very close to your friend and I imagine your friend is also grieving the loss of your daughter, while also wondering how her children are here and your precious daughter is not. While I don't condone your friends actions and don't understand why she wouldn't acknowledge your daughter in cards, is it possible she doesn't know how to. How to approach you anymore?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Myztik  (20-10-2016),Phia  (20-10-2016),siansmum  (19-10-2016)