+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Would you send ds to daycare?

So I'm in two minds and not sure if I should send ds to daycare this morning.

The last 2 nights he's been in bed with myself or DF because he is getting extremely upset. So to make it easier he's been in our bed. His day nap yesterday was a bit up and down - slept for about an hour and then woke up crying. Went back to sleep for 2 hours after that.
    I asked him last night if his ears hurt and he said yes but too be honest he was upset and may have just wanted me to shut up.
    When he's awake he's fine, maybe not as boisterous but still happy. Except this morning.. he's slept through the night (so should be happy lol) but is kinda sooky.. whinging a lot.
    I've asked him about daycare and he wants to go but I don't know. He hasn't been eating a lot but that's not unusual for DS.
    Daycare are great that they will try to make him happy but will send him home if they need to and I don't have anything actually planned so neither option is a problem for me. It's not going to ruin plans if I keep him home.
    He's hasn't got a snotty nose or a cough or anything. He's had a on and off high temp but that's it.

So if u made it this far.. wwyd?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he has no temps, had a good night sleep and really wants to go, I would send him. At least they will give you a call if anything changes. Perhaps book him into the GP at some stage to have his ears looked at just incase.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (18-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    If he has no temps, had a good night sleep and really wants to go, I would send him. At least they will give you a call if anything changes. Perhaps book him into the GP at some stage to have his ears looked at just incase.
    This.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Would you send ds to daycare?

If it's been less than 24 hours since he had a temp then I would keep him home. What is daycare's policy in regards to that? That was always my mom's rule for me growing up and is also in ds1's current preschool handbook and I think that rule is fair enough. It's not just about his comfort but also if he is potentially contagious.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 18-10-2016 at 08:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    If it's been less than 24 hours since he had a temp then I would keep him home. What is daycare's policy in regards to that? That was always my mom's rule for me growing up and is also in ds1's current preschool handbook and I think that rule is fair enough. It's not just about his comfort but also if he is potentially contagious.
    I honestly don't know the policy I don't think I've ever asked! Hmm. Might ring.
    That is true and I would be very upset if DS got sick (which he does ) because someone sent a sick child.

I'm not gonna lie I really need the break from him but I suppose I can ring n see if my mum is home today...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you take him to the dr early this morning? If the dr finds nothing then you can always send him off to CC? Does he have his 2yo molars?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would send him if he has no temp or other obvious signs of illness and he wants to go. Just ask day are to call if he deteriorates or develops a temp.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd send if he has no temp and fine gets to whingy they'll call you to come and get him and you never know he could sail through the day easily and you'll get some rest and mummy time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I would let him go. Let them know he's had some rough nights and you are happy to pick him up if need be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did decide to send him. He was having a bit of a sook and he ended up telling me he's tired and needed a poo thanks DS lol. I've mentioned to daycare how he's been and they've said they'll call if he is not coping. I've told them if he needs an early sleep that's fine as well. He was very upset when I dropped him off, minutes after being so excited because we were there so who knows. Even just a couple of hours and I'll feel better.
    Thank you all for the replies! It really helped