ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I will try to get him to eat normally, I don't like my chances but will give it a go. Do they have to have antibiotics after?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, antibiotics afterwards. My DS is day 6 post op today. He's a reluctant taker of medication but has asked for pain medicine 3 times today so he must be pretty sore. He hasn't had anything the last 3 days....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD wasnt given any antibiotics to have post surgery, but i have a vague memory of being told that she was given a dose when they did the actual surgery.

Days 11 & 12 were great for DD, no need for any panadol. She did have a couple of tears when she ate because some foods obviously still sting.

Today is day 13 and she is very lethargic and has a temp of 38.9. Its coming down with panadol but creeping up again after a few hours. She has spent most of the day in bed today just resting and she only just now at 4.30 asked for a crumpet. Other than that she hasn't eaten today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow...sounds like she has had an awful time of it 😢. I would be concerned about infection if shes got fever and no antibiotics. My DS was on Augmentin for a week (standard procedure for our ENT..Also intra - operative IV antibiotics )
    Day 7 here and I'll be sending DS to school tomorrow as he's driving me crazy! Had one dose of panadol when he woke up but otherwise full of beans and eating me out of home.
    Last edited by Kaybaby; 21-10-2016 at 00:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She really has had an awful time @Kaybaby. The poor little poppet has lost 2.5kg. Luckily she is tall for her age and was 23.5kg, she's now down to 21kg. She looks so skinny. She has woken today with a much lower temp but she is still really pale. I'm not sure what to look out for in terms of infection. Perhaps I should call the ENT today. Strange that some give antis and others don't.

Glad to to hear you little guy has coped ok, albeit driving you crazy.