Closed Thread
Page 86 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Where did you see it? I haven't seen that anywhere, shocking case isn't it... absolutely amazing how modern technology has helped solve this crime!
    @AmyEL there was a couple of articles I read this morning, I think this was the one:

http://www.news.com.au/national/west...2843291ea9cef7

Awful case, must be so hard for all the families, finally being able to piece together what happened, but also having to relive it all over again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just found them, the Huntingdale addresses... scary for alot of people! All those families he would have come in close contact with at Little Athletics!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Just found them, the Huntingdale addresses... scary for alot of people! All those families he would have come in close contact with at Little Athletics!
    @AmyEL I know, and it sounded like he made himself appear as an upstanding member of the community. It would really rock you if you were one of the people who had befriended him through Little Athletics etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post

DDs favourite colour used to be green - ever since she could recognise it and before she could even say it, when she started kindy one of the teachers even remembered her favourite colour was green. But after one term at kindy her favourite colours are now pink and purple and always says blue is a boys colour! Grrrr, society will always seem to have a way to enforce the stereotypes / traditional way of thinking.
    DS fav colour used to be purple until he started kindy and now he has changed to blue
    As for the nail painting, DS is 5 years 2 months and still loves his nails painted! I have to discourage painting his fingers because of school though but I paint his toes frequently

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    @AmyEL I know, and it sounded like he made himself appear as an upstanding member of the community. It would really rock you if you were one of the people who had befriended him through Little Athletics etc.
    I feel awful for his friend they interviewed on the news who had his kids round mr Edwards house all the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Zeddie View Post
    I feel awful for his friend they interviewed on the news who had his kids round mr Edwards house all the time
    Oh wow, I didn't see that, we don't get normal TV at our house so I don't see the news. It's an awful feeling when you think you know someone and they turn out to be a monster.
    I remember finding out my Aunty and uncles best friends, who were at their house all the time when we were kids, had gone to jail for horrific sexual abuse to their children over many years. I just couldn't get my head around it, they'd seemed so normal. It made me very wary of trusting people for years. I imagine the people who knew Mr Edwards are feeling the same.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

yadot  (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am in an uber as the line for the train to leave the tennis was insane. I don't know what on earth he's doing apart from not following the instructions on his GPS. He lost me when it said to turn left and he turned right. Now we have gone in the complete opposite direction and have to backtrack. DH is now giving him instructions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Which I guess is part of the problem. Like it's okay for girls to want to do 'boy things' because they're strong, masculine blah blah crap but of course it's not okay for boys to want to do 'girl things' because they're delicate and pretty blah blah crap.
    I agree with this. None of the extended family blinks an eye of DD plays with trucks or cars, but we did get some comments because DS was cooking in our toy kitchen and having a tea party . I don't see the big deal. He will learn to cook as he gets older. I'll be making sure he does!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I agree with this. None of the extended family blinks an eye of DD plays with trucks or cars, but we did get some comments because DS was cooking in our toy kitchen and having a tea party . I don't see the big deal. He will learn to cook as he gets older. I'll be making sure he does!
    I agree with this as well.

And god forbid if you try to find your boy something other than blue to wear!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-01-2017),Californication  (05-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am relieved the last of our visitors have left. It was lovely to see them but I really struggle with having people in my space.

I do feel bad for DD. She has spent the morning crying because she misses them