Closed Thread
Page 70 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I am wondering whether I should tell mum that the personalised gift she ordered for DS has arrived.... but she spelt DS's name wrong....
    my daughters mil did this same thing, misspelt her granddaughters name, even though it was written for her. I don't think I would tell. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I am.....#19

I am wondering whether I should tell mum that the personalised gift she ordered for DS has arrived.... but she spelt DS's name wrong....
    My MIL did this to my name on our wedding announcement in the newspaper, I can't remember if we said anything but I was pretty disappointed as it was the only one we had and DH and I had been together for 10 years so it's not like my name was new to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think I'll tell her. She ordered it from England. She was so excited and asked me to tell her when it got here. I took a photo and sent it to her before I had even really looked at it. Then I realised the mistake was there. She hasn't noticed, so I won't say anything.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    My MIL did this to my name on our wedding announcement in the newspaper, I can't remember if we said anything but I was pretty disappointed as it was the only one we had and DH and I had been together for 10 years so it's not like my name was new to her.
    My Aunt in the UK sent us a card for our engagement. Only problem was she wrote the name of my boyfriend she met 10 years before. NOT the same person I married. My dad didn't get why it was offensive. But I pointed out that it meant he hadn't spoken to her about our wedding, or the father of my child, so that she would know it was a different partner. So he had never said TheGooch and MrGooch had a baby. Or they're getting married. I still don't think dad got it. I threw the card away. I was pretty disappointed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think I'll tell her. She ordered it from England. She was so excited and asked me to tell her when it got here. I took a photo and sent it to her before I had even really looked at it. Then I realised the mistake was there. She hasn't noticed, so I won't say anything.
    Is it the type of mistake that maybe the person who made it maybe made? Like switching a letter around or something? If it could have been their mistake they would probably remake it free of charge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Is it the type of mistake that maybe the person who made it maybe made? Like switching a letter around or something? If it could have been their mistake they would probably remake it free of charge.
    I don't think so. He has a traditional name, and there's an extra letter in there - most likely a typo on Mum's part since she did it at work. Mum's also Nanni as opposed to Nanny, and that was correctly done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    My Aunt in the UK sent us a card for our engagement. Only problem was she wrote the name of my boyfriend she met 10 years before. NOT the same person I married. My dad didn't get why it was offensive. But I pointed out that it meant he hadn't spoken to her about our wedding, or the father of my child, so that she would know it was a different partner. So he had never said TheGooch and MrGooch had a baby. Or they're getting married. I still don't think dad got it. I threw the card away. I was pretty disappointed.
    An ex from 10 years ago?! That's pretty bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Sick of pulling knives out of my back at work. There's only so much more I can take.

I've dedicated 7 years to my job, I'm hard working and good at what I do, but I can't continue to be undervalued and overlooked by my boss.

The straw has well and truly broken the camels back this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am borderline suffocating on the overwhelming smell of the perfume worn by a visitor to our office.

It's seriously overpowering and I'm not even in the same room. I detect strong, biting notes of lily of the valley.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I am borderline suffocating on the overwhelming smell of the perfume worn by a visitor to our office.

It's seriously overpowering and I'm not even in the same room. I detect strong, biting notes of lily of the valley.
    That would really annoy me. Overpowering scents give me a migraine.