+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cancelled IVF Cycle

Hi. Being new to the forum, I am unsure if there is another thread for this.

We have been TTC for the past year and half and started our first IVF cycle late last month. After jabbing myself for 17 days, the FS has advised to cancel cycle as only one follicle (20mm) was found.

As I have PCOS a lot of small follicles were found but none worthy for an EPU.

Has anyone been through the cycle for 17 days and had their cycle cancelled?

Just looking for some support and advice.

DH (30) with azoospermia and myself (30) with PCOS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Pappa2 sorry to hear it was cancelled, I had a cycle cancelled once. I was normally on the long down reg protocol which gets nice even follicles for me (I have PCO too) but one cycle I tried a different shorter protocol and my ovaries just didn't respond and it was cancelled after 10 days I think. What dose and meds are you on? Did they increase your dose?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bongley, I started on day 2 with 75ui Menopur and and day 8, the FS could not see any follicles and increased the dosage of Menopur to 150ui. Still no expected growth on follicles at Day 17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappa2 View Post
    Hi Bongley, I started on day 2 with 75ui Menopur and and day 8, the FS could not see any follicles and increased the dosage of Menopur to 150ui. Still no expected growth on follicles at Day 17.
    @Pappa2 Well thats a pretty low dosage so you've got a lot of room to move yet. I guess because of your PCO they are being cautious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley, yeah that's what they reckon too and being cautious of OHSS. Just the thought of all those jabbing going waste is devastating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this happen. I felt like it was the end of the world I cried for hours so I know how you feel. Right before pick up I was cancelled because I had too many follicles and I have pcos. I ended up switching clinics because I was so upset and thought it wasn't as risky as they said.. the new clinic collected me the next cycle (1 month break) and I got pregnant.

I know a month or 2 is forever to wait.. I know!! Hopefully they get your doses right for the next try