ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Maybe something like this if you eat out a lot. http://www.babyvillage.com.au/feedin...o_booster_seat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Yeah having a non eater makes it harder. My girls can always be bought with food. You need to find his currency. For my girls it's food. For my nephews it's iPads- one is autistic and we cover him in a blanket and he cuts curls up and pretends he's not there.
    The iPad, colouring in and juice usually works for him, but not the last 2 days, he screams as you come near the high chair.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Maybe something like this if you eat out a lot. http://www.babyvillage.com.au/feedin...o_booster_seat
    LOVE the bumbo booster - DD currently uses one as she can't reach her food properly sitting directly on our chairs. I think DS would hate it as much as the chair to be honest, as it's the fact he's not hungry, combined with wanting to run around that sets him off, but worth a try, I don't mind buying another one if it works.

Tomorrow I'm home with both kids so I might just try sitting them both at their little ikea table or have a 'picnic' on the rug in the family room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My girls eat at an IKEA table. I love it.
    My girls didn't fit into bumbos . No chubba bubbas do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldnt/couldn't let him scream. Thats not fair in him or other diners. Or you. I
    would distract him with toys, iphonr or ipad
    (movie or game), drawing or colouring, food.. I'd take him out and let him walk around with me and partner taking turns. At worst I'd stay home with him until hes comfortable there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try Belair hotel for eating and few other hotels not fancy food but they have playgrounds and your dd can play while you eat I also think the hotel on south Rd does too (going up the hill) they were my goto!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Try Belair hotel for eating and few other hotels not fancy food but they have playgrounds and your dd can play while you eat I also think the hotel on south Rd does too (going up the hill) they were my goto!
    Thanks monnie, I did a Google last night and Belair didn't come up but O'Haloren hill did come up. Also the Enfield and Brighton came up as having play areas. These will be great for us, but he won't eat an ounce though but I suppose we could take away his food with us and he can eat after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't been comfortable eating out until about now - and even now, with a 3 & 5 year old, they have to be fed, watered, rested and have their own distractions to be expected to sit still at a table while the boring adults talk for an hour or so. Honestly I think having children that young play along with the expectations is really pushing against the tide. But that's me, I'm a go with the flow type.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Thanks monnie, I did a Google last night and Belair didn't come up but O'Haloren hill did come up. Also the Enfield and Brighton came up as having play areas. These will be great for us, but he won't eat an ounce though but I suppose we could take away his food with us and he can eat after.
    We sometimes go to the Vic for dinner as its 5 minutes from our house. There is an enclosed playground and you can sit at a table right next to it - there's kind of a separate family dining section. They also provide colouring paper and pencils. Food is ok usual pub meals but they do very yummy pork ribs they also have 2 nights a week kids eat free and have a balloon artist those nights.
    I think the espy at Brighton has a playground in the bistro section not the cafe part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would sit him on my lap. That's the way ds would stay quiet when he was little

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    iPads or phones work for my 2yo.
    I wouldn't allow him to wander because I don't think it's appropriate for a restaurant that isn't a child-friendly place (IYKWIM).

If I had to keep taking my ds outside, i probably wouldn't come along. Which is probably why we've been to restaurants with kids 3 times in 7 years. Lol