+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC and a Chemical Pregnancy :(

Hubby and I have been TTC for about a year. I got my BFP whilst we were on holiday not quite a fortnight ago. Tried not to get to excited because I was spotting. GP did a hcg quantative Friday before last and it was 72 for 4wks. Which is ok for so early. Spotting had continued so he ordered another hcg quantative Friday just gone so 7 days apart. Hoping for it to be in or close to the 1000 mark it was 64 for 5wks. I was crushed. I kind of expected bad news since the spotting didn't stop. But it didn't make it any easier.

Well this morning I got up and I have heavyish bleeding and clots. So I'm guessing this is it. Now I don't know what to do. Do I wait for the doctor to call tomorrow and see what he says? Do I ring amd make an appointment? The receptionist yesterday said she wasn't meant to tell me anything when I rang because no doctor was there yet. But since my GP ordered the second HCG without me needing an appointment and she asked why and I told her that I'm spotting. she told me that yes the test is still positive when I asked the number and she said 64, I said oh it's gone down. She said that's why she wanted to tell me. She was putting a note on his computer to look over my test results and stuff for when he gets in Monday. He doesn't work weekends.

Sorry. I needed to get it all out to try and make sense of it in my head. And maybe someone who has been thru it to might have some advice for me.

only hubby and my mum knew and all my mum said "oh it wasn't meant to be" I wanted to strangle her. Hubby said "We will conquer this, I know it doesn't help but I don't know what to say". God bless him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to happyfrog For This Useful Post:

Phia  (17-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great big hugs xx I had an early mc too and it hurts like hell. I was lucky enough to get pregnant again the following month and now have an 8 week old. I found the only thing that helped was time and my new pregnancy. Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

happyfrog  (17-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC and a Chemical Pregnancy :(

@happyfrog I'm so sorry! I know how disappointing and relentless TTC can be. You are so so close. I just wanted to say. I'm sorry and bless, your husband is supportive in his own way - the ones that know what to say are few and far between! Your mum on the other hand... I dunno what happens as we age, it's like people shift into practical mode! I am sending you hugs and hope and wish you all the best. I don't know your situation but when I couldn't conceive at 36, I did a few rounds of clomid and now I have a 3 year old Daughter. Now I'm 40 and have been trying for another one for 18 months and escalated to IVF. Hang in there. I don't know why it's a long journey to motherhood, you deserve to be a mum.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

happyfrog  (17-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your kind words. Feeling a bit better today.