Closed Thread
Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsl73 View Post
    @Yasna
    How bizarre, I just logged on so I could message you and ask how you are going lol
    Quick question for you: Dr Nikos told me to stop the progynova and utrogestan when I am 12 weeks, so would that be at the start or end of my 12 weeks, lol, I'm such a ditz lol
    I hope everything is ok with you @Mrsl73, I remember reading about your concern about HCG numbers...Wishing you all the best !!

I stopped the Clexane at 10w and just dropped the Utrogestan and Prognova at beginning of 12w, I couldn't wait to stop medicating myself and wanted to stop as soon as possible, but its up to you and your Dr, sometimes they keep you on them longer if hormones are low, but my levels were fine. I thought buy stopping the Progynova I might not feel as sick. But it didn't work.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

julz1974  (29-04-2017),Phia  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Yasna
    Thanks for that information. I will stop at the start of the 12 weeks, woo hoo no more pessaries.
    I'm doing ok. My last bt on Saturday still showed my hcg levels dropping (but not much). I had a scan on Wednesday and baby looks perfect. So I'm not going to stress over hcg results. Dr Nikos did tell me a few weeks ago not to bother with hcg bloods, he just uses them to confirm pregnancy.
    I'm doing the harmony test next week and the 12 week scan the week after.
    My scan on Wednesday showed me at 10w4d.
    The gp has ****ed me off with all the blood tests even though my weekly scans are great. She has made me very paranoid and scared (she's not my normal gp). So I'm not going to see her anymore, I will wait until I see my ob in 2 weeks.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrsl73 For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (29-04-2017),julz1974  (29-04-2017),Phia  (28-04-2017),Yasna  (05-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilza79 View Post
    @Peninsula Girl.
    I would love the contact details for the acupuncturist. How many times did you have it done prior to transplant? During the Workup.
    Hi @Nilza79, I have PM'd you re acupuncture

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I need some advice if anyone has used melatonin? My FS in Aus prescribed me 8mg a couple of months ago without much explanation, but mainly due to me worrying about insomnia from prednisolone. I didn't think at the time it would be for any other DE benefit.

I've been taking the 8mg up to embryo transfer but have now stopped it the last 3 nights after transfer as it's a high dose and didn't feel right. The Greek clinic weren't sure about it and my FS's nurses took ages to get back me and have now only given me a very standard response of 'don't stop or reduce any meds until Dr says'.

I'm thinking of going back on it in case it has hormonal benefits in tww, but at lower dose of 4mg (more standard in IVF). Or would starting it again be worse??

I've got myself panicking now about having stopped it at all instead of waiting for a reply!

Anyone know the risks of stopping and starting melatonin, and what would you do??

Thank you! Im starting to go crazy at 3dpt, I knew it would happen!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

Phia  (29-04-2017),User 153  (29-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do I respond to people underneath their thread?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    @peninsulagirl sorry I have no knowledge of Melatonin..Are you able to call the clinic? Yry not to panic! Easier said than done I know!
    I have started spotting this morning so just waiting for full flow so I can call today day 1 and start taking the progynova.. omg we leave the Wed after next! I assume I stop taking the pill now.. does it matter whether you take the progynova morning or night?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

Peninsula Girl  (29-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Peninsula Girl - I took Melatonin (4mg) but the explanation I had from Dr Burmeister was about egg health/quality, rather than for insomnia. So given the whole DE thing, I haven't been taking it. Perhaps there's another use I'm not aware of. ������ I don't think it could hurt, but hey I'm not a medical professional.
    @bindyboop - Oh my how exciting!!! It's two weeks tomorrow for us and I'm *freaking* out with excitement. Firstly because it's going to be gorgeous over there and secondly, I can't believe I'm going to meet Dr N and get this DE dream in motion!

AFM - I'm trying not to lose my mind around the whole NKC/immune issue. I'm going to do an intrallipid before I go, start all the other meds, but I'm just hoping my body doesn't incinerate a perfectly good embryo.

Anyone else suffering from this kind of concern?

I'm thinking of you all ladies and I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading everyone's updates, especially from those who are there or women who've returned. Babydust to you all.
    Last edited by Phia; 29-04-2017 at 08:15. Reason: typos!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (29-04-2017),Charlie74  (29-04-2017),julz1974  (29-04-2017),Peninsula Girl  (29-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    @Peninsula Girl - I took Melatonin (4mg) but the explanation I had from Dr Burmeister was about egg health/quality, rather than for insomnia. So given the whole DE thing, I haven't been taking it. Perhaps there's another use I'm not aware of. ������ I don't think it could hurt, but hey I'm not a medical professional.
    @bindyboop - Oh my how exciting!!! It's two weeks tomorrow for us and I'm *freaking* out with excitement. Firstly because it's going to be gorgeous over there and secondly, I can't believe I'm going to meet Dr N and get this DE dream in motion!

AFM - I'm trying not to lose my mind around the whole NKC/immune issue. I'm going to do an intrallipid before I go, start all the other meds, but I'm just hoping my body doesn't incinerate a perfectly good embryo.

Anyone else suffering from this kind of concern?

I'm thinking of you all ladies and I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading everyone's updates, especially from those who are there or women who've returned. Babydust to you all.
    Woohoo! We may cross paths 😊😊😊

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

Phia  (29-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Mrsl73 in regards to your harmony test, you may want to get confirmation from the people that test the blood that you can still do this test, if the baby you lost had any chromosome problems then this will show up in the result and give you a false positive, I couldn't get it done because I had a blighted ovum and a growing baby, my dr contacted the and they said the empty sac would skew the results so not to get it done. @Peninsula Girl I'm pretty sure that you should stop melatonin once you get a Bfp, from memory it's not safe to take once pregnant, I may be totally wrong of course but a friend of mine who is a dr told me to stop taking it once I got my Bfp, but check with yours as they may something different
    Last edited by stacey10; 29-04-2017 at 10:00.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Peninsula Girl  (29-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @stacey10 thanks for that info. I will call them on Monday