ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Homy there are so many great options for you to stay in Athens. We decided to stay at the President Hotel for the majority of our first trip. We will probably stay here again when we travel back later this year. It is just around the corner from Dr Nikos, has good sized rooms (a little dated but nice) a great common and pool area and a delicious buffet breakfast was included each morning. It was a bit further out but we had no issues getting to all of the attractions by taxi or subway when Dr Nikos didn't need us. We also stayed at the Athens O&B boutique Hotel for a few nights at the end of our trip. This was more luxurious and closer to the city. I know Dr Nikos can also source you a cheep apartment sometimes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashwa For This Useful Post:

Homy  (22-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I hope I am posting in right place....
    Just thought I should finally introduce myself. I have been following this thread for the last 12 months. I am 38, single, have had 2 failed ivf with oe, low amh, severe endo and a resected uterine spetum. I am looking at going over to greece at the end of the year. I have spoken to Dr Nikos and now in the process of finding a fs to support me through this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gypsie79 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (15-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies!

Can I just drop a quick question here for the ladies who had Dr Nikos?

What type of progesterone support were you on with him? I understand that progesterone support seems to be very different in Europe so I'm curious...
    Did you have clexane as well? For how long? What about Pregnyl boosters?

I'm doing a very last OE cycle here before going to Greece so I thought I could replicate the post transfer phase - if I'm lucky enough to have something to transfer at all that is....
    @gypsie79 welcome!!

Xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Phia  (15-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @gypsie79 you don't actually need a fs, if you have a good gp that will organise your blood tests and possibly a scan to check lining before you go that's all you need, I also needed one to do scripts but it's my understanding that dr N does minimal meds so you'd probably just need estrogen and enough progesterone to get you to Athens then you can buy progesterone over the counter at any chemist and it's cheap! @LillyM most of Europe use utrogestan it's really good and not too messy, I just picked a time when I could lie down for 20 min after doing it and wore a liner @Phia going well here thanks, Bub is 10 wks now so going fast . @AngelD how are you and the babies going? Are you back up yet?
    Last edited by stacey10; 15-04-2017 at 08:02.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (15-04-2017),Phia  (15-04-2017),Yasna  (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #5

duplicate post
    Last edited by AngelD; 15-04-2017 at 08:38.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #5

Hi everyone, thanks @stacey10 for reminding me to update you all . We are all doing really well! We transferred from Townsville to Cairns on 14/3 and then brought the minions home on 31/3, so only 25 days in hospital for the triplets . We've been home now for two weeks, and my standard response to how I'm going is "vertical and coherent". I'm extremely sleep deprived, but never been happier! We're still trying to establish a workable routine and get the babies days and nights around the right way - atm they sleep brilliantly during the day and then are all over the place at night, but we'll get there . @gypsie79, talk to your Aus FS in the first instance to see if they'll assist with scans, bloods, scripts - if you're in the same town then their 'management fee' should cover costs - it can add up if you need additional scans and bloods from outside providers.
    For my cycle I was only on the mini pill for the cycle leading up, then progynova until transfer, then onto utrogestan (progesterone) just prior to and after transfer, but in saying that, I had fallen pregnant naturally a couple of years earlier so Dr Nikos knew that the oven worked. Ask the question when you're skyping him, or email him to clarify xx
    Last edited by AngelD; 15-04-2017 at 08:42.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

gypsie79  (16-04-2017),LillyM  (15-04-2017),Phia  (15-04-2017),Rhino  (21-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So good to read your update @AngelD, hopefully it won't take long until the triplets get themselves sorted and you become less zombie like lol it's bad enough with one or two let alone three!! I found my girls really settled by the time they were four months, seems a bit longer than a single but you will get there

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (15-04-2017),Phia  (15-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I have an appt with fs this friday to see if I need more surgery. So fingers crossed she can help. My endo and septum is my only concern so hopefully I will get some answers than.
    AngelD congrats on the babies coming home. Enjoy xx

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gypsie79 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (15-04-2017),Phia  (15-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Getting pessaries sent back

Hi All
    Does anyone know if you are allowed to have pessaries from Greece sent back by mail?
    Wanting to buy some as they are sooooooooooooooooo exxy in Australia.
    Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lissimmo it shouldn't be any problems having them sent back