ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 82 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @julz1974 Congratulations on the twins!!! I'm sure its both exciting and shocking!
    Hope all goes well for both!
    Keep us posted!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joyang For This Useful Post:

julz1974  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @julz1974 such mixed emotions - shock, fear, happiness. HOPE!

Hang in there, and take it day by day. Sending you vibes that everything will be ok. @Yasna is right - they're young healthy eggs - time to let them do their thing!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

julz1974  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg Donation in Greece #5

Spoke to Dr Nick last night - I'm so bloody excited. He was talking about synching the donor. Next time I will call and ask about the donor. Just curious to know a bit about her, occupation, personality.

This sounds weird... there is a new little girl around 1 year at childcare where my daughter is. She is of the same nationality as me and I look at her, she is adorable, similar features, and I see a familiarity with myself and I wonder if that will be the same for me with the donor baby as we will also be the same nationality (Greek). And I feel happiness at the possibility of that...for me, fir my hubby, for my daughter to have a sibling. Not long to go and I'm turning into excited nervous mush. Gotta pull it together and be measured - can't get my hopes tooo high.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (08-04-2017),julz1974  (08-04-2017),LillyM  (09-04-2017),Peninsula Girl  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    @Peninsula Girl omg so exciting!! What drugs are you taking? Sorry to hear you're out of sorts. Hopefully the payoff is worth it!
    Thanks @Phia, I'm on thyroxine, prednisolone, plaquenil, progynova, aspirin, melatonin, synarel plus loads of supplements...then will add clexane, progesterone and antibiotics closer to transfer day...I don't even know myself anymore! But yes I definitely am positive that it will pay off, and am relieved to be doing it very differently this time to when I was doing IVF with no immune protocol.

Exciting that you're getting closer now too! Hearing info about the donor made me so excited, really started to feel real and I think about her everyday and am so grateful! Wishing you all the best xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

Phia  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Treens73 View Post
    @peninsulagirl. We are heading over on the 23rd April. It's starting to get very real now! Hope everything goes well for you.
    That's very exciting too @Treens73! And nerve wracking! I hope your preparations are all going well. Which clinic are you going to and how long will you be there for? I'm at Iakentro and we're there from 19 April to 2 June, with trips to the islands, UK and maybe Turkey in between visits to the clinic, not that we've planned much of the holiday but yet! Take care and hope it all goes really well for you too xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

Phia  (08-04-2017),Treens73  (09-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mrsl73, wow can only imagine the mixed emotions you must be feeling! I have my for you that it will all work out perfectly! Keep us updated x @julz1974 twins woohooo congratulations! @Yasna glad all is going well :-)
    Wow, a few of us heading over soon! 32 sleeps for me!!!! Starting to get pretty nervous and anxious... so much riding on this trip! It has been over 12 months since I have been on the IVF band wagon and I do not miss the anxiety of all the waiting around for results...
    I have a couple of questions for you ladies, I haven't had a skype apt with Dr N this month as he is super busy and has said all is on track for our arrival.
    Firstly, I know the cash component I have to take but do you know how the balance needs to be paid. Does Dr N accept credit card? Just trying to work out our finances and how we are going to divvy it up between cash/credit/money cards...
    Also, your thoughts on getting a gift for the donor? Did you? If so what?
    Should be a busy couple of months on this thread ladies, fingers crossed for lots of exciting news!!
    I hope everyone is well x

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

julz1974  (09-04-2017),Phia  (09-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bindyboop - the balance can be paid by credit card. Dr N prefers it that way as it shows up on his books. He said that some part, if not all of the balance has to be paid by credit card

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrsl73 For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (08-04-2017),Phia  (09-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsl73 View Post
    @bindyboop - the balance can be paid by credit card. Dr N prefers it that way as it shows up on his books. He said that some part, if not all of the balance has to be paid by credit card
    Thank you! This makes me happy 😊

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

Phia  (09-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bindyboop the only part you need to pay in cash is part for your donor, you can pay the rest however you like (we used credit card). It's hard to know if you should give your donor a gift or not, I definitely considered it, especially since our donor ended up donating for us twice. In the end I decided not to for a few reasons but I think you should go with your gut on this one. All the best.
    Last edited by Ashwa; 08-04-2017 at 23:40.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashwa For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (09-04-2017),Phia  (09-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are going to embryoland, Dr Nikos. We are taking our one year old with us, so that will be a bit interesting, she is very cruisey and sleeps well so hopefully the flights will be ok, fingers crossed. We are staying 2 weeks, so will do a bit of sightseeing as well.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Treens73 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (09-04-2017)