ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    - @ Yasna, your baby looks beautiful

As for me, we got home last Wednesday night and on Friday I had an appt with my GP to fill her in. I asked to do a HCG test, just to reassure myself. The Dr called me on Monday and the news was not good. My levels had only gone up by 10,000 in 5 days. She advised me to have a scan ASAP to see what was happening. Well I had a bit of a breakdown and was sent home from work.
    Had the scan on Tuesday and the results as on Tuesday where:
    Baby 1 - measuring 6w6d - heartbeat 147bpm - so that is really good, very happy with that
    Baby 2 - measuring 6w2d - heartbeat 92bpm - not so good.

The comments on the report states that there is some concern for baby 2.
    I called Dr Kanakas and told him what was happening and he was not phased, he said it will all be ok and not to do any more blood tests as they mean nothing.
    I saw my GP yesterday and she said that it appears that I will most likely miscarry baby 2, so I have to have weekly scans to see what is happening.
    I had an OB I wanted but he cant see me as he says I am too high risk, so I am meeting a new OB in two weeks who deals in high risk cases.

This might sound bad but two babies was always going to be a blessing for me, but I am over the moon if it is just one, I couldn't deal with it if I where to loose both babies.

Fingers crossed for me ladies that at least if I don't get two babies out of this, I will definitely get one.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrsl73 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (06-04-2017),Yasna  (07-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Mrsl73 it is very common to loose one twin (vanishing twin) and to go on to have a healthy normal pregnancy with a singleton baby, this happened to me in a natural pregnancy and also with my last transfer, a little different as the baby never developed, never the less it will be a bitter sweat moment for you if you do loose the other baby, be kind to yourself, and let yourself grieve the loss of the second baby if it does happen, it by no means means that your not grateful for the remaining baby, your just acknowledging the loss of one

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (06-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had 7 week scan on Monday and we are Blessed with '"TWINS".
    I can't even imagine being pregnant with Twins...I'm still in shock... one is a little smaller than the other, so fingers crossed that the little one hangs in there.
    Heart Rates were 136 and 106 bpm.
    :

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to julz1974 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (11-04-2017),bindyboop  (08-04-2017),Phia  (06-04-2017),Yasna  (07-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls,

For anyone traveling over to Greece soon if you haven't booked yet and you know your dates Etihad is having a sale on until 11th April.

I'm hoping to go over in May but my AF for the first time is a week late

Hope everyone else is going OK

Thanks
    Reviews
    @julz1974 congratulations, that is wonderful news. I'll be thinking of you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsl73 For This Useful Post:

julz1974  (07-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsI73, sounds like you been through some worrying times so wishing you all the very best, and am staying positive for you that both twins hang on, but a singleton will also be such a blessing if it is a vanishing twin... Thinking of you and take care as it's so much to take in and go through
    @julz1974 congratulations that's fantastic news!

Hope everyone else is going well. I fly out to Greece in 11 days so am stressed, anxious, ridiculously busy, feeling awful on meds, but very excited and trying to be positive!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

julz1974  (07-04-2017),Phia  (07-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Peninsula Girl omg so exciting!! What drugs are you taking? Sorry to hear you're out of sorts. Hopefully the payoff is worth it!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Peninsula Girl  (08-04-2017),Treens73  (07-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @peninsulagirl. We are heading over on the 23rd April. It's starting to get very real now! Hope everything goes well for you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Treens73 For This Useful Post:

Peninsula Girl  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsl73 View Post
    - @ Yasna, your baby looks beautiful

As for me, we got home last Wednesday night and on Friday I had an appt with my GP to fill her in. I asked to do a HCG test, just to reassure myself. The Dr called me on Monday and the news was not good. My levels had only gone up by 10,000 in 5 days. She advised me to have a scan ASAP to see what was happening. Well I had a bit of a breakdown and was sent home from work.
    Had the scan on Tuesday and the results as on Tuesday where:
    Baby 1 - measuring 6w6d - heartbeat 147bpm - so that is really good, very happy with that
    Baby 2 - measuring 6w2d - heartbeat 92bpm - not so good.

The comments on the report states that there is some concern for baby 2.
    I called Dr Kanakas and told him what was happening and he was not phased, he said it will all be ok and not to do any more blood tests as they mean nothing.
    I saw my GP yesterday and she said that it appears that I will most likely miscarry baby 2, so I have to have weekly scans to see what is happening.
    I had an OB I wanted but he cant see me as he says I am too high risk, so I am meeting a new OB in two weeks who deals in high risk cases.

This might sound bad but two babies was always going to be a blessing for me, but I am over the moon if it is just one, I couldn't deal with it if I where to loose both babies.

Fingers crossed for me ladies that at least if I don't get two babies out of this, I will definitely get one.
    Its not a good feeling seeing the 2nd baby vanishing, this happened to me with my OE when I had twins, I lost one then lost the other at 9w. After the curette I had them tested for chormosonal abnormalities and they came up positive. This was when I decided to do donor egg, not after trying one more time with my own eggs again. I was such a hard head !..

You will be fine, you have a young donor egg and it should work out ok. Not much you can do now but pray and hope that the one strong baby will survive! I really hope it does, since I know how it feels to worry and stress. I hope all this anxiety goes away for you soon and everything turns out for the best. Good luck and may the Gods be with you...xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by julz1974 View Post
    Had 7 week scan on Monday and we are Blessed with '"TWINS".
    I can't even imagine being pregnant with Twins...I'm still in shock... one is a little smaller than the other, so fingers crossed that the little one hangs in there.
    Heart Rates were 136 and 106 bpm.
    :
    Congratulations!!!! You must be so excited!!!!

I wish you the very best of luck and look forward to hearing more positive news!!

i have a serious headache and need to sleep..but i had to say a quick wohoooooo!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

julz1974  (08-04-2017)